or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 2058

post #30856 of 43834
I have a core group of professional colleagues - most of whom worked for me at one time or another. A new gold mine opened up and there is some opportunity for some people to be poached.

All this time, I had a mistaken view of who the most loyal ones were. I knew #1, but had no idea about #2 until the past couple days.

I'm rather touched.
post #30857 of 43834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

I am a walking, living, breathing party. an accounting party. I cleaned out the coffee maker. yahoo.

bounce2.gif you are one crazy sonofabitch!
post #30858 of 43834
NYC Monday
Philly Tuesday.
Deleware this morning.
DC now.
Baltimore tomorrow.
Philly that night.
Most likely home Saturday
post #30859 of 43834
Going to "work from home" tomorrow. This of course means coffee on the patio, whisky for lunch, and a nap in the afternoon before we head out for happy hour.

And why am I working from home tomorrow? Because I figure I will not get home from work today until around 11. The reason for that?

Ground breaking ceremony on a capital project I've been working for nearly two years! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #30860 of 43834
I've just created an Excel worksheet for my monthly expenses. Never really worked with functions in Excel before but it worked out well. Makes it much easier than to always add on paper. It now shows the total expenses, split in a variety of sub-categories (like leisure, food, clothes etc via dropdown menu) and per week.
Yes, anyone mildly experienced with Excel could've created it in the blink of an eye. It probably took me 30 minutes (most of the time spent figuring out how to get expenses per week shown) Still happy.
Congrats, Piob, on both accounts.
post #30861 of 43834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

NYC Monday
Philly Tuesday.
Deleware this morning.
DC now.
Baltimore tomorrow.
Philly that night.
Most likely home Saturday

dood. get in touch.
post #30862 of 43834
piob - congrats man, that is fantastic. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #30863 of 43834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Going to "work from home" tomorrow. This of course means coffee on the patio, whisky for lunch, and a nap in the afternoon before we head out for happy hour.

And why am I working from home tomorrow? Because I figure I will not get home from work today until around 11. The reason for that?

Ground breaking ceremony on a capital project I've been working for nearly two years! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Congratulations Piob! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #30864 of 43834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

Congratulations Piob! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
+1. Piob, make this the day of real celebration. Congrats! cheers.gif
post #30865 of 43834
New employee breakfast today. had a great time socializing with my counterparts. and it is Friday, which now has meaning again.
post #30866 of 43834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

and it is Friday, which now has meaning again.

+1
post #30867 of 43834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

New employee breakfast today. had a great time socializing with my counterparts. and it is Friday, which now has meaning again.

very nice. seems like the new job is starting really well for you. hope it continues that way.
post #30868 of 43834
Thanks, guys. Was a huge success, mayor was there with assorted other dignitaries, and it hit the local news.

And now I'm sitting on my patio with coffee smile.gif

Not to say I'm not getting emails, calls, and texts from work and I have a report open in another window I need to revise for EOB. frown.gif
post #30869 of 43834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Thanks, guys. Was a huge success, mayor was there with assorted other dignitaries, and it hit the local news.

And now I'm sitting on my patio with coffee smile.gif

Not to say I'm not getting emails, calls, and texts from work and I have a report open in another window I need to revise for EOB. frown.gif

Sick!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #30870 of 43834
Enjoying the ol' Friday Special: tuna sandwich with extra onions. drool.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy