or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 2044

post #30646 of 47028
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Got staffed on a sexy healthcare strategy project!!!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Is it too much to ask that you poast Nurse Nancy pictures from time to time?
post #30647 of 47028
I'm sure Pio will be thrilled.
post #30648 of 47028
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

We seriously all should live together in a commune of sort so we can pleasure each other day and night.


I'm in, but I want a private bathroom. I'm not sharing my personal grooming appliances with anyone.
post #30649 of 47028
Ok, I want to rant about something. Some consultants when I have dealt with them annoy me. I am talking about the ones who come to solve your problems and know ZIP about the industry. Yeah, you're a big help.
post #30650 of 47028
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

We seriously all should live together in a commune of sort so we can pleasure each other day and night.

like in Atlas Shrugged?
post #30651 of 47028
Haven't read it actually. I have read the Fountainhead, however.
post #30652 of 47028
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

like in Atlas Shrugged?

no because in her world it's every man for himself.

Well, now that I put it that way. uhoh.gif
post #30653 of 47028
We should buy an oil rig and make our own country like Sealand. Styleland has a nice ring to it.

post #30654 of 47028
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Ok, I want to rant about something. Some consultants when I have dealt with them annoy me. I am talking about the ones who come to solve your problems and know ZIP about the industry. Yeah, you're a big help.

we had this two years ago when we had McKinsey come in for something. My boss ripped some poor Harvard Business School woman a whole new asshole.
post #30655 of 47028
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Haven't read it actually. I have read the Fountainhead, however.

i like the Fountainhead, but I think it's because I'm married to an architect and she doesn't like the Fountainhead.
post #30656 of 47028
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

we had this two years ago when we had McKinsey come in for something. My boss ripped some poor Harvard Business School woman a whole new asshole.

McKinsey deliberately won't let their consultants specialize in an industry until they make partner. They want their consultants to have broad experience across industries, the thought process being that it allows them to "think outside the box" and cross-pollinate solutions across industries. Also, that sentence is maybe the most consulting-y thing I have ever written outside of a pitch deck.

Bain and BCG are similar but a bit less strict about it.

It depends on what kind of consulting you do. McKinsey/Bain/BCG pie in the sky kinda stuff, it can work. Down in the mud implementation/risk kind of work, it definitely doesn't. And not all clients like it, even for white space strategy consulting--it's how firms like Deloitte's Strategy group get their in.
post #30657 of 47028
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

i like the Fountainhead, but I think it's because I'm married to an architect and she doesn't like the Fountainhead.

Really bizarre, but I am in a long term relationship with a raging Liberal, who had this book on her, "You don't get to do me unless you read this" list.
post #30658 of 47028
^^ outside of kama sutra, and maybe penthouse letters, there should be no other book on that absurd list. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Haven't read it actually. I have read the Fountainhead, however.

me neither, but have considered watching the movie.
post #30659 of 47028
Don't watch the movie!
post #30660 of 47028
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

McKinsey deliberately won't let their consultants specialize in an industry until they make partner. They want their consultants to have broad experience across industries, the thought process being that it allows them to "think outside the box" and cross-pollinate solutions across industries. Also, that sentence is maybe the most consulting-y thing I have ever written outside of a pitch deck.

Bain and BCG are similar but a bit less strict about it.

It depends on what kind of consulting you do. McKinsey/Bain/BCG pie in the sky kinda stuff, it can work. Down in the mud implementation/risk kind of work, it definitely doesn't. And not all clients like it, even for white space strategy consulting--it's how firms like Deloitte's Strategy group get their in.

yeah, I don't know the specifics of who this person was, and i'm terrible at guessing age, nor do I know the specifics of why she was on the project. But I do know that she got an ear full, and our group MD is a pretty cool and relaxed guy. I'd assume they'd be well versed in the quirks of the major banks, but the feedback was basically "do you have any idea how much of a total pain it would be to get these lofty ideas executed???"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy