or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 1999

post #29971 of 45269
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post


A few female friends of mine refuse to date guys who have roommates.

Back in the day when Amerikajinda and I were still co workers and I was looking for a place to rent and stayed with family for a short while.. ok a lil while longer, I dated this Japanese girl.

 

She called me and wanted to go see a movie she then asked who the woman was who answered the phone.   "Oh!  Thats my mom."

 

She replied, "No thats your wife!" 

 

I laughed and replied no no no no no giggling while saying no.  She then hung up on me.   That really was my mom.

post #29972 of 45269
none of my NYC friends older than 24 live in apartments with roomates, and I think that's because I would likely never befriend the type of person who is older than 24 yet lives with roomates.
post #29973 of 45269
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

none of my NYC friends older than 24 live in apartments with roomates, and I think that's because I would likely never befriend the type of person who is older than 24 yet lives with roomates.

More than 30 and living with roomates is more my personal benchmark.
post #29974 of 45269
eating at nomad with the lady on sunday! finally get to try the chicken
post #29975 of 45269
If you are over 30 and have a room mate chances are you are just really cheap, imo.
post #29976 of 45269
I love living alone even though it costs a significant amount more. I don't know that I could go back to having a roommate.

If I could...I would buy a condo with extra space and take on a roommate for a year or two to cover the mortgage.
post #29977 of 45269
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I think the idea behind it is that they want to date somebody who is financially able to support themselves without help from anybody else that lives in their dwelling. I am sure they would date some 5th ave WASP who lived in his parent's 5,000 square foot penthouse, however.

is this one of those times where when you say "my friend," you mean yourself?
post #29978 of 45269
I don't have a big announcement or anything, just been really happy lately. Relocating to a different city turned out to be an excellent decision. Meeting a lot of new people and discovering tons of fantastic places to grab a drink or bite to eat. Been dating a new girl too and so far she's been great. smile.gif
post #29979 of 45269
Regarding roommates, I wouldn't want to go back to having one. It's just much nicer living alone. I do think that it's possible for someone to get away with it in the early 30's, but the roommate would need to be a responsible and clean person. It also helps if the place is on the larger size and has more then one bathroom. Having to split a single bathroom is the worse and I can't imagine dating someone who does that.
post #29980 of 45269
I've never had a roommate as my parents wouldn't let me. Since they were the ones paying for stuff, I never argued with them. I actually like living alone as kicking out ONS was one of my favourite things to do back in the day.
post #29981 of 45269
Since when does having a roommate obstruct one's ability to kick out a ONS?

laugh.gif
post #29982 of 45269
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I think the idea behind it is that they want to date somebody who is financially able to support themselves without help from anybody else that lives in their dwelling. I am sure they would date some 5th ave WASP who lived in his parent's 5,000 square foot penthouse, however.

So they would date me!
post #29983 of 45269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr Mouse View Post

Regarding roommates, I wouldn't want to go back to having one. It's just much nicer living alone. I do think that it's possible for someone to get away with it in the early 30's, but the roommate would need to be a responsible and clean person. It also helps if the place is on the larger size and has more then one bathroom. Having to split a single bathroom is the worse and I can't imagine dating someone who does that.

Yeah, almost all of my friends (all mid 20's) live with roommates...but almost all of them have 2 bathrooms and everything seems to work out.

I would definitely pick a roommate over a studio if I had to choose (I mean...barring things like 800sf loft style "studios"). Sharing a kitchen and living room is 10x better than not having one.
post #29984 of 45269
Friggin' awesome lineup for this year's Saratoga Jazz Festival. The Cookers (George Cables!!!), McCoy Tyner, Carmen Souza, Buddy Guy, Tony Bennett, Kevin Eubanks, etc. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #29985 of 45269
Mouse, glad to hear the move went well. What made you move? New job?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy