or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 1980

post #29686 of 44020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

Oh jeez, I spent three years consulting to dealerships, most stayed on decently good behavior across-the-board, but there was this one F&I manager who redefined the term "Predatory". I mean, the guy wrote a deal on a Mercury Cougar that made $10k back-office profit. I watched the deal happen and was just surprised that this customer got taken for such a ride.

This is why I scoff at the, "I told them I was going to pay cash so I got the GREATEST DEAL ever." Having been in the industry I know "the box" (F&I office) usually makes more for the dealership than the sale of the car. Dealerships have zero incentive to discount more for cash vs. credit.
post #29687 of 44020
The back office guys, oh my. The place where a deal could fall apart for no good reason. The stain deal, rust proofing, undercoating, aftermarket warrenty and 80 month finance. Those guys made the real money and acted like total dicks with no regard to how hard it is/was to get a person in to that damn office.
post #29688 of 44020
I just won a $10 bet about something totally inane with a annoying hipster girl.

She didn't believe me that Cowboy Curtis from Pee-Wee's Playhouse was played by Laurence Fishburne.

I then parlayed the $10 into $20 when she doubled down still didn't believe me that Pee-Wee's Big Adventure [the movie] was directed by Tim Burton.

facepalm.gif
post #29689 of 44020
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Canuker View Post

The back office guys, oh my. The place where a deal could fall apart for no good reason. The stain deal, rust proofing, undercoating, aftermarket warrenty and 80 month finance. Those guys made the real money and acted like total dicks with no regard to how hard it is/was to get a person in to that damn office.

Heh, "rust and dust, croak and choke." You forgot the death and disability insurance. That stuff was golden.
post #29690 of 44020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Heh, "rust and dust, croak and choke." You forgot the death and disability insurance. That stuff was golden.

You're not just buying a car here, for an extra $23 / month you can get the peace of mind knowing that your car will be paid off if something (barring exclusions) happens to you. Isn't it worth it to know that your loved ones won't be saddled with car payments? Tack on A&H and Extended Warranty and you've just bought Serenity on Shiny Wheels.
post #29691 of 44020
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

You know, like Jamie's nutsack, thanks to the reassignment hormones.

......
post #29692 of 44020
My wife's uncle is an F&I guy. He is a generous and loving and fun and wonderful guy...

...but nobody in the family will ever buy a car from him, because they know he is incapable of turning the beast off in that office.
post #29693 of 44020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Floppy?

You know like Jamie's penis.
post #29694 of 44020
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

I just won a $10 bet about something totally inane with a annoying hipster girl.
She didn't believe me that Cowboy Curtis from Pee-Wee's Playhouse was played by Laurence Fishburne.
I then parlayed the $10 into $20 when she doubled down still didn't believe me that Pee-Wee's Big Adventure [the movie] was directed by Tim Burton.
facepalm.gif

dont let anyone tell you that retaining that kind of knowledge is useless. you headed to the bookie now, doc?
post #29695 of 44020
Got my 2012 bonus and 2013 salary information.

It's my first year in this role so I don't really have a baseline, but I happy with it smile.gif (probably shouldn't let my bosses know that I am happy with it though)
post #29696 of 44020
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Got my 2012 bonus and 2013 salary information.

It's my first year in this role so I don't really have a baseline, but I happy with it smile.gif (probably shouldn't let my bosses know that I am happy with it though)

Congrats (on breaking six figures)!!

devil.gif
post #29697 of 44020
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Got my 2012 bonus and 2013 salary information.
It's my first year in this role so I don't really have a baseline, but I happy with it smile.gif (probably shouldn't let my bosses know that I am happy with it though)

congrats, man. thats a good feeling.
post #29698 of 44020
The Manhattan is quite possibly the world's most perfect cocktail.

Also, my wife is out of town this weekend. Which kinda sucks, cause we've been traveling a lot lately and I haven't gotten to spend much time with her, but it does free me up to 1) play video games in my underwear, and 2) do some first hand research on a really important question which has been vexing me lately--can man survive on bacon alone?

I submit yes.
post #29699 of 44020
Never had a Manhattan, but I'm a huge fan of the French 75.

--

Anyway, I booked a hotel a couple months back for our trip to Ultra and I get some bullshit email from the hotel last Thursday saying my CC was denied and that I need to get them a new CC within 24 hours, or risk losing my reservation. I call them immediately, they don't pick up. So I left them a voice message asking them to get back to me so we can figure things out.

No response all day and when I land back at home, nothing still, so I send them an email asking what's up. Then I get an email saying my reservation was cancelled because I failed to contact them. WTF.

Long story short, I was stern and polite but made clear my utter disappointment with how they dealt with the situation and they concluded that they had messed up because I clearly tried to resolve the issue with them within the 24 hour deadline. Problem is, they're booked for one of the three nights that I originally reserved and they said they'd try to figure something out for us.

Well, they got us a night at the Four Seasons!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #29700 of 44020
I have completed my department's schedule of classes for Spring 2014. It went a lot faster than I expected, and I think I got everyone pretty close to the times they wanted. Now I am going to go home and enjoy some port (vinho do porto).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy