or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 1979

post #29671 of 46575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

The word "fucking."

It's just a great fucking word. It feels great to say it, especially as a word of emphasis in places where it's not totally out of bounds, but just kind of unexpected. It still has a good shock factor, better than "shit," which has lost some of its uniqueness from overuse, and also because it's a verb, a doing word. And it just has great phonic qualities. The long fffff counterpointed by the sharp k, and then the innnggggg, which you can kind of accentuate and drag out.

Fffu CK! Ing idiots out there today.

:boner:

This fucking post is fan-fucking-tastic.
post #29672 of 46575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

confused.gif

im serious. i think a lot of the humor in that movie was humor of the time, and for most people who did not live in that time period, a lot of the humor is missed.

this happens a lot with comedies imo.
post #29673 of 46575
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i think its funnier if you were alive at the time it was made. we all missed out.

Years back when I sold cars a older sales guy was telling me about seeing the first Friday the 13th and how it scared everyone shitless yet when you watch it today it's tame compared to modern slash and gore. Caddyshack is a similar story where the quality of the film has been downgraded by the crap that is produced today.

LC and I saw The Dictator in the theaters though and that was damn funny,it seems that not many comedies are able to actually crack a joke, sucks. SNL has the same issue, I watch that once in a while when I've stayed up to late wondering what is the goal and how these people have jobs.
post #29674 of 46575
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Canuker View Post

Years back when I sold cars a older sales guy was telling me about seeing the first Friday the 13th and how it scared everyone shitless yet when you watch it today it's tame compared to modern slash and gore. Caddyshack is a similar story where the quality of the film has been downgraded by the crap that is produced today.

LC and I saw The Dictator in the theaters though and that was damn funny,it seems that not many comedies are able to actually crack a joke, sucks. SNL has the same issue, I watch that once in a while when I've stayed up to late wondering what is the goal and how these people have jobs.

Used Cars was--and still is--completely hilarious. It holds up, at least in my mind.

I never worked as a salesman but I've been in many a repair bay and that movie is a fucking documentary.
post #29675 of 46575

Caddyshack had its moments. Chevy Chase was always great. Dangerfield was obnoxious. The 80's really knew how to do full frontal nudity.

post #29676 of 46575
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

im serious. i think a lot of the humor in that movie was humor of the time, and for most people who did not live in that time period, a lot of the humor is missed.

this happens a lot with comedies imo.

Some of us were fairly cognizant of our surroundings at that point in time.
post #29677 of 46575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Caddyshack had its moments. Chevy Chase was always great. Dangerfield was obnoxious. The 80's really knew how to do full frontal nudity.

chevy chase was amazing, i think one of my favorite lines from the movie was,

"You're not, you're not ... good, Al. You stink. "

also, was that movie the originator of the phrase, "no homo"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Some of us were fairly cognizant of our surroundings at that point in time.

confused.gif
post #29678 of 46575
I sold on the used side of a bigger Ford dealership. The process was ok but some of the things that other guys did made my stomach turn, I guess you have to lower your morals a bit which I never could do. Often if people seemed to have a idea of the car but not the price guys would start 2K higher than what the dealer was asking and then the "bargin" buyer would think they pulled one over which, clearly, wasn't even close to the case.

When I bought LC her car she was very specific as to what she wanted and it took us a few months to find the "one". When we were doing the deal the sales guy was getting annoyed as I wasn't budging and when I stepped up to have a break he tried to put the screws to her. She said something like "I don't want this car and am not going to be able to help you" which quickly finished any hope they had of getting us to pay more. She's a smart cookie and when we talk about the deal both of us laugh at the memory.
post #29679 of 46575
I used to really enjoy the process of obtaining a car but the last four vehicles have been from the same two man team so they just sit down and go over all the numbers with me and give me the best price they can. It has become very boring.

My best deal ever was when I leased my Rover and had a trade in. The lease manager was on vacation, and when I went in for my first service, he introduced himself to me as he wanted to meet the guy that negotiated a deal where the dealership lost $513. laugh.gif
post #29680 of 46575
http://www.fastcoexist.com/1681515/using-the-new-sim-city-6-urban-planners-battle-for-bragging-rights#1

I'm totally going to get the new Sim City and try it out. Haven't played it probably since it came on floppy.
post #29681 of 46575
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

Haven't played it probably since it came on floppy.

Floppy?
post #29682 of 46575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post

The word "fucking."

It's just a great fucking word. It feels great to say it, especially as a word of emphasis in places where it's not totally out of bounds, but just kind of unexpected. It still has a good shock factor, better than "shit," which has lost some of its uniqueness from overuse, and also because it's a verb, a doing word. And it just has great phonic qualities. The long fffff counterpointed by the sharp k, and then the innnggggg, which you can kind of accentuate and drag out.

Fffu CK! Ing idiots out there today.

:boner:

The Mrs worked a short while for a British lady who owned a staffing firm and favored the word "fuckingly". I really don't use it as much as I'd like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Canuker View Post

I sold on the used side of a bigger Ford dealership. The process was ok but some of the things that other guys did made my stomach turn, I guess you have to lower your morals a bit which I never could do. Often if people seemed to have a idea of the car but not the price guys would start 2K higher than what the dealer was asking and then the "bargin" buyer would think they pulled one over which, clearly, wasn't even close to the case.

When I bought LC her car she was very specific as to what she wanted and it took us a few months to find the "one". When we were doing the deal the sales guy was getting annoyed as I wasn't budging and when I stepped up to have a break he tried to put the screws to her. She said something like "I don't want this car and am not going to be able to help you" which quickly finished any hope they had of getting us to pay more. She's a smart cookie and when we talk about the deal both of us laugh at the memory.

Oh jeez, I spent three years consulting to dealerships, most stayed on decently good behavior across-the-board, but there was this one F&I manager who redefined the term "Predatory". I mean, the guy wrote a deal on a Mercury Cougar that made $10k back-office profit. I watched the deal happen and was just surprised that this customer got taken for such a ride.
post #29683 of 46575
*knocking on the door*

Fuck the fuck off, or come the fuck in!
post #29684 of 46575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Floppy?

You know, like Jamie's tits.
post #29685 of 46575
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

Oh jeez, I spent three years consulting to dealerships, most stayed on decently good behavior across-the-board, but there was this one F&I manager who redefined the term "Predatory". I mean, the guy wrote a deal on a Mercury Cougar that made $10k back-office profit. I watched the deal happen and was just surprised that this customer got taken for such a ride.

This is why I scoff at the, "I told them I was going to pay cash so I got the GREATEST DEAL ever." Having been in the industry I know "the box" (F&I office) usually makes more for the dealership than the sale of the car. Dealerships have zero incentive to discount more for cash vs. credit.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy