or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 1967

post #29491 of 41838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I would seriously rather be a big time lawyer or have been a big time NHL player. If I had been the latter I would be retired and very rich. If the former, flying around on my private jet making bank on the misery of others.

You aren't paid for your contributions to CE?
post #29492 of 41838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

You aren't paid for your contributions to CE?

INORITE?!?!
post #29493 of 41838
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Just bought a $1,000 umbrella for $500.

Deets. SAB?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

I would seriously rather be a big time lawyer or have been a big time NHL player. If I had been the latter I would be retired and very rich. If the former, flying around on my private jet making bank on the misery of others.

As a medium time lawyer I have to say its a lot more fun than a big time lawyer. Sure, the big timers make more money but they all do tax law or personal injury. It's all so fucking boring. I'd much rather defend rapists and drug dealers and pederasts than have to sort my way through an accounting ledger.
post #29494 of 41838
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Deets. SAB?
As a medium time lawyer I have to say its a lot more fun than a big time lawyer. Sure, the big timers make more money but they all do tax law or personal injury. It's all so fucking boring. I'd much rather defend rapists and drug dealers and pederasts than have to sort my way through an accounting ledger.

Kirchtag, umbrolly.

When I run over a black kid in my Mercedes I will be sure to call you.
post #29495 of 41838
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Kirchtag, umbrolly.

When I run over a black kid in my Mercedes I will be sure to call you.

Just make sure your girlfriend is driving and then surreptitiously record her confession.
post #29496 of 41838
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

grats G
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post

Also, congrats G. Great news biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

Fantastic!!! cheers.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

Congrats G! Very happy for you. Now we can commiserate. laugh.gif

Unrelated note: The X-Files was such an awesome show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by imatlas View Post

Go G!

OTC, if you need practice I have some curtains that need hemming smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

great news, m! and good luck on the move!
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

Congrats dude.
...
Quote:
Originally Posted by topcatny View Post

Congrats!

Thanks, guys!

I'm starting to get nervous about the move, but I know it will be good long term. We're heading to the new town this weekend to look at places to live. Based on our poking around online, I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll find something in our price range in the area we want, so that's encouraging. Worst case, we find a nice apartment for a year or so while we get our bearings.
post #29497 of 41838
Where are you moving to?
post #29498 of 41838
Wow, a move too? Best of luck, G!
post #29499 of 41838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Wow, a move too? Best of luck, G!

Best of all, dude's going to be closer to me. Like, way closer. nod[1].gif
post #29500 of 41838
Sounds hot.
post #29501 of 41838
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I'm starting to get nervous about the move, but I know it will be good long term. We're heading to the new town this weekend to look at places to live. Based on our poking around online, I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll find something in our price range in the area we want, so that's encouraging. Worst case, we find a nice apartment for a year or so while we get our bearings.

good luck with the move, G!
post #29502 of 41838
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Deets. SAB?
As a medium time lawyer I have to say its a lot more fun than a big time lawyer. Sure, the big timers make more money but they all do tax law or personal injury. It's all so fucking boring. I'd much rather defend rapists and drug dealers and pederasts than have to sort my way through an accounting ledger.

My clients feature a lot of big time lawyers and it doesn't seem so great. I sure don't think I would be able to do it.
The big time plaintiff's lawyers have it a little better but it still seems like it would suck, and most of them seem kind of scummy since it seems like they can just throw whatever they want at the wall and see what sticks (and then the defense lawyers have to waste a bunch of time disproving absurd things). I don't think I am scummy enough to do the corporate equivalent of personal injury.
post #29503 of 41838
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

My clients feature a lot of big time lawyers and it doesn't seem so great. I sure don't think I would be able to do it.
The big time plaintiff's lawyers have it a little better but it still seems like it would suck, and most of them seem kind of scummy since it seems like they can just throw whatever they want at the wall and see what sticks (and then the defense lawyers have to waste a bunch of time disproving absurd things). I don't think I am scummy enough to do the corporate equivalent of personal injury.

Well there's Saul Goodman PI and there's John Edwards PI. The latter does very well, but that's not slip n' slide work that's big time Civil Action type work. And it's fucking boring as all get out.
post #29504 of 41838
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

I'm starting to get nervous about the move, but I know it will be good long term. We're heading to the new town this weekend to look at places to live. Based on our poking around online, I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll find something in our price range in the area we want, so that's encouraging. Worst case, we find a nice apartment for a year or so while we get our bearings.

I'm not sure how far you are actually moving but I certainly wouldn't call this "worst case". In fact, I might go so far as to call it best case unless you are very familiar with the area you are moving to.
post #29505 of 41838
Crazy hot chick came into the office just now. No idea why she's here, meeting with our QC Director. Must be a rep for a calibration or instrumentation firm, I would guess. This is manufacturing, girl is a fish out of water around here. Might have to poke my head in there to, you know, check on things.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy