or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 1947

post #29191 of 44663
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post

Please define 'time of their fame' so you don't try to wiggle out later when I call you out on it.

Lulz. We can all see who is wiggling here. Carry on, school boy.
post #29192 of 44663
Thought so.

Anyway, stomp stomp clap.
post #29193 of 44663
So if Rob Halford had died young of AIDS, would we be having the same argument over "Breakin' the Law?"
post #29194 of 44663
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

So if Rob Halford had died young of AIDS, would we be having the same argument over "Breakin' the Law?"

No but we would never have gotten that Mark Wahlberg movie about him.
post #29195 of 44663
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post

Thought so.

Anyway, stomp stomp clap.

So you're going to try and ad hoc your way out of a very stupid statement by parsing the phrase, "time of their fame?" Well, I am admittedly one of the slower ones here you reference, but the phrase was used to indicate the approximate time they were an active popular and touring band. This time preceded your initial claim thus making you, as always, full of shit. Would you care to provide data to support your claim they are more popular now than "then," whenever "then" was?

Making me happy: school boys that think the world started when they became conscious of it.
post #29196 of 44663
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

So if Rob Halford had died young of AIDS, would we be having the same argument over "Breakin' the Law?"

Probably not, although the "Washing the Dog" spot on Beavis and Butthead might have been treated with more reverence.
post #29197 of 44663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Just like Melo, yeah?
(it's ok...my all time favorite, Olajuwon, spent his last year as a Raptor...)

melo is a bitch. glad hes gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

^^ that's damn good.

+1
Quote:
also, Partnership Accounting is becoming my bitch. progress!

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #29198 of 44663
Making me happy: party tonight, big happy hour with some celebrities tomorrow, party Saturday. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #29199 of 44663
also, queen is awesome. and i dont even like the fact that mercury was gay and died of AIDS. id far rather he was still alive (gay or straight) to make awesome music. imo, he had maybe the purest and best signing voice of all rockers. unbelievable music. and not just the 4 songs they play on the radio. the other less well known ones are even better.
post #29200 of 44663
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

also, queen is awesome. and i dont even like the fact that mercury was gay and died of AIDS. id far rather he was still alive (gay or straight) to make awesome music. imo, he had maybe the purest and best signing voice of all rockers. unbelievable music. and not just the 4 songs they play on the radio. the other less well known ones are even better.

I can remember having to sneak in to see "Highlander" when it first came out as it was R rated. The fact that Queen had the soundtrack to a movie about an immortal Highland warrior was pure icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif to me. "Who Wants to Live Forever" is still on most of my playlists.
post #29201 of 44663
You can dislike Queen's music all you want, but to say that people just like them because the singer was gay and died of AIDS is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Those songs were everywhere in the 90s when people still hated gays and were grossed out by AIDS. People liked them despite those facts.
post #29202 of 44663
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

You can dislike Queen's music all you want, but to say that people just like them because the singer was gay and died of AIDS is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Those songs were everywhere in the 90s when people still hated gays and were grossed out by AIDS. People liked them despite those facts.

It does make Fat Bottomed Girls a tad ironic, but I appreciate it all the more for that.
post #29203 of 44663

- Flash Gordon

- The only western groups (not from within the last fifteen years) that Koreans are more familiar with are The Beatles and the Rolling Stones.

- Didn't he announce that he had AIDS just a few weeks before he died?

post #29204 of 44663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

- Flash Gordon
- The only western groups (not from within the last fifteen years) that Koreans are more familiar with are The Beatles and the Rolling Stones.
- Didn't he announce that he had AIDS just a few weeks before he died?

Actually about a day before he died.
post #29205 of 44663
I never knew that Freddie Mercury was gay, as he never gave even a hint in his mannerisms or personal grooming habits. But once I heard the shocking news, I became a fan of the band straightaway. (The same thing happened with Adam Lambert, btw. Also Wham!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy