or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 1946

post #29176 of 44084
HE WILL FOREVAR BE A NUGGET!!!
post #29177 of 44084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Also, this makes me happy:




 

E11nn3K.jpg
post #29178 of 44084
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

HE WILL FOREVAR BE A NUGGET!!!


Just like Melo, yeah?

 

(it's ok...my all time favorite, Olajuwon, spent his last year as a Raptor...)

post #29179 of 44084
IMO Freddy was the best frontman ever, watching this always puts me in a good mood:




Also made some sketches last night, pretty happy how they came out considering I never ever draw people.





post #29180 of 44084
^^ that's damn good.

also, Partnership Accounting is becoming my bitch. progress!
post #29181 of 44084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

E11nn3K.jpg
Bohemian Rhapsody doesn't last 10 minutes! confused.gif
post #29182 of 44084
Queen sucks and is horribly overrated. White people like them because Freddy Mercury was a homosexual who died of AIDS and so they get to appear sympathetic to two different causes at once. Also, it's impossible to dance to Queen so they'll never be forced to dance as long as it's playing. They can, however, fist pump into the air and do all other sorts of white people dancing substitutes.
post #29183 of 44084
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post

Queen sucks and is horribly overrated. White people like them because Freddy Mercury was a homosexual who died of AIDS and so they get to appear sympathetic to two different causes at once. Also, it's impossible to dance to Queen so they'll never be forced to dance as long as it's playing. They can, however, fist pump into the air and do all other sorts of white people dancing substitutes.

Your Cal Ripken-like streak of being wrong about art continues.
post #29184 of 44084
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post

Queen sucks and is horribly overrated. White people like them because Freddy Mercury was a homosexual who died of AIDS and so they get to appear sympathetic to two different causes at once. Also, it's impossible to dance to Queen so they'll never be forced to dance as long as it's playing. They can, however, fist pump into the air and do all other sorts of white people dancing substitutes.

EXACTLY!

Well, that is, if all white people knew he was gay and only started liking him after he contracted HIV. Seems to me, as someone actually alive and listening to Queen in (the later stages of) their hey day, the vast majority of folks had no idea he was gay and he was still in the bloom of health.
post #29185 of 44084
There's more artifice than art to Queen. It's more of the same crappy rah rah rock and roll done better by bands who decided to add music to their stage performances.
post #29186 of 44084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

EXACTLY!

Well, that is, if all white people knew he was gay and only started liking him after he contracted HIV. Seems to me, as someone actually alive and listening to Queen in (the later stages of) their hey day, the vast majority of folks had no idea he was gay and he was still in the bloom of health.

There's a reason Queen is more popular now than they were then (well, and its ubiquity in high school gymnasiums all over America in the last two decades and changing attitudes toward homosexuality). That, and white people feeling empowered by acting sympathetic to issues they wouldn't otherwise lift a finger for. I should've added that for the slower folks 'round here.

By the way, how old are you? He was pretty gay in the '70s, you know, during their heyday when you were supposedly listening to them.
post #29187 of 44084
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post

There's more artifice than art to Queen. It's more of the same crappy rah rah rock and roll done better by bands who decided to add music to their stage performances.

That may or may not be true. Still doesn't change the fact Queen was popular prior to your birth and most people had no idea he was gay and HIV had not even surfaced yet. The world did not start 20 years ago.
post #29188 of 44084
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post

There's a reason Queen is more popular now than they were then. I should've added that for the slower folks 'round here.

Or for people that were alive at the time of their fame? And they are not more popular now. Fuck, their music was everywhere at one point.

Nice ad hoc rescue attempt.
post #29189 of 44084
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post

There's a reason Queen is more popular now than they were then (well, that and its ubiquity in high school gymnasiums all over America in the last two decades). I should've added that for the slower folks 'round here.

wayne's world and college humor ushered in the bohemian rhapsody to confuse the general public into liking queen both ironically/un-ironically for the last 25 years.



and I watched a ton of international football from the 90's till present and in the euro soccer stadiums they still play queen consistently (especially after championship games).
post #29190 of 44084
Please define 'time of their fame' so you don't try to wiggle out later when I call you out on it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy