or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 1921

post #28801 of 45216
Had a royal feast last night with a friend for a sort-of Fat Tuesday celebration. It was most exceptional. IS (or his wife) gave me a Hebrew lesson the other day. I have a weekend literally filled with bonsai (And a spelling bee).

There was something else, but I forget.

Oh, and seeing GreenFrog's laughable "defense" of his driving record and steady composure is awesome.

Also, now I can't say that good luck to Piobaire because my gay flirting with him was crossing a line, I'll admit but if I were able to congratulate him I would say that I would like to be in his shoes some day.
post #28802 of 45216
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

...It's slow drivers that piss me off more often. Speed limits are almost universally bullshit and designed to raise revenue, not make people safe.

THIS! not only that, people who drive TOO slow, particularly on the highway, are a significant hazard to themselves and others. i have seen more than a few accidents caused by it.

as to revenue. i need to get my hands on some drones, and take out all the speed cameras.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

Had a royal feast last night with a friend for a sort-of Fat Tuesday celebration. It was most exceptional. IS (or his wife) gave me a Hebrew lesson the other day. I have a weekend literally filled with bonsai (And a spelling bee).

one of the things you can always expect from teh joos, is a good meal. glad you enjoyed. that was me, btw. smile.gif
post #28803 of 45216
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I take the garbage out every morning. We usually just end up filling a small grocery bag that goes out daily. Oh yeah and two empty wine bottles for recycling. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif


I save up the bottles with deposits until i get a huge recycling bag full of them. Then I take them with me when I drive to a supermarket and give the whole bag to someone random at the recycling collection machines.

I used to leave it out in front of the house, but it got dicey when people eventually ring my door bell and ask for it.

I also used to stand and try to use those machines to collect deposits, but it wasn't worth the time, effort, and mess.
post #28804 of 45216
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I take the garbage out every morning. We usually just end up filling a small grocery bag that goes out daily. Oh yeah and two empty wine bottles for recycling. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

i basically do the same thing, though the bags from Fairway are pretty large so it's usually every other day. The kitchen trash can we use (aluminum from Muji) is like gallon sized (it's more, but I see it as gallon sized), and I much prefer the small size with frequent take outs over bigger sizes where leftover food sits for 3+ days and attracts rodents.
post #28805 of 45216
Interesting Larry. Basically every day I see some woman going through the recycling. I think the garbage situation at my building makes it pretty easy for people who collect bottles and such.
post #28806 of 45216
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenFrog View Post

Neo, you are a person hiding behind a computer who not only pretends to date a fictional girl named Jamie, but also tries to sell the laughable idea of your being a neurosurgeon to a forum of older men of typically higher SES and with an interest in men's clothing.

Untill you manage to make a sock puppet, keep it going for 5+ years, learn to sew, produce fake children and clothes, start fights on SF, post pics of said sock puppet/children/clothes progressing in age, create a FB account plus friend random SF users and, finally, enrage people on the internet you are simply a amature in my eyes.
post #28807 of 45216
The housekeeper served up what must have been quad-gin and tonics before dinner. The light buzz really takes the edge off of Big Bang Theory reruns....
post #28808 of 45216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Making me happy is that hopefully, by EOB, I will have shepherded the organization into making probably it's single biggest decision of the year.
Great! Hope it works. Congrats in advance!
post #28809 of 45216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

The housekeeper served up what must have been quad-gin and tonics before dinner. The light buzz really takes the edge off of Big Bang Theory reruns....

that's a terrible show
post #28810 of 45216
Yeah, it really is.

Somewhere I saw a clip of it minus the laugh track, and it was just painful.
post #28811 of 45216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

The housekeeper served up what must have been quad-gin and tonics before dinner. The light buzz really takes the edge off of Big Bang Theory reruns....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

that's a terrible show
I got a good laugh out of the first season or two, but not the recent stuff.
post #28812 of 45216
Unfortunately at 7:30pm in England your choices are terrible sitcoms or the news or soap operas. As I spend all day with the radio on by this time the news is just the same stories over and over again. Soaps rank lower on the viewbility rank, so sitcoms it is!
post #28813 of 45216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

Unfortunately at 7:30pm in England your choices are terrible sitcoms or the news or soap operas. As I spend all day with the radio on by this time the news is just the same stories over and over again. Soaps rank lower on the viewbility rank, so sitcoms it is!
is there no such thing as DVR where you live? although from cambridge, i'd always kind of expected quiet evenings with a single-malt, opera on the cd, re-reading Spenser. or have i been watching too many inspector morses?
post #28814 of 45216
Some of the rerun's seem to have the Theory chick going from decent to porker and back again, that lifestyle must be punishing to a person and thier mental health.
post #28815 of 45216
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post

is there no such thing as DVR where you live? although from cambridge, i'd always kind of expected quiet evenings with a single-malt, opera on the cd, re-reading Spenser. or have i been watching too many inspector morses?

I feel like I am destroying the reputation of my fair city, but no, its mostly TV and a Sofa. On the other hand, I've had Gin in front of an open log fire with a cat and have a copy of Debrett's Modern Gentleman so maybe I'm not doing too badly to uphold the stereotype.


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy