or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 1899

post #28471 of 45192
my kidz squirt hockey team is not great but has been improving steadily over the season. couple of weeks ago they upset second place team in one of their leagues. yesterday's game (in the other league) was against undefeated 1st place tea and they led most of the game - superstars were scared and fought back hard (and dirty), but they held their own. superstars tied it w/ 3 minutes to go and we lost in the last minute but fun game to watch for parents ho sit through a lot of 8-0 thrillers
post #28472 of 45192
I don't know if it's my recent relocation and exposure to the States but I am really starting to like the American national anthem. I used to hate singing it when I was younger because the beginning part is so dull and boring. foo.gif
post #28473 of 45192
Squirt Hockey sounds like an awesome porno.
post #28474 of 45192
renewing my license wasn't too bad considering its a monday and I went right after lunch. Took about an hour. The brooklyn office has parking, and some food options nearby. I finally tried one of those Auntie Ann's hotdog inside a pretzel thing... was surprisingly delicious.

I usually get a almond pretzel and a lemonade. I've actually had that combo in Manila, Hong Kong, and Singapore its tastes the same wherever.
post #28475 of 45192
I went to the location in Manhattan I felt like I was at a free health clinic. They made me squat down to take my photo because my hair wouldn't fit in the picture.
post #28476 of 45192
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I went to the location in Manhattan I felt like I was at a free health clinic. They made me squat down to take my photo because my hair wouldn't fit in the picture.

My wife swears by the Bowling Green Location DMV in manhattan. It supposedly has minimal lines and workers who are nice. I was lazy and didn't want to take the train down there though. Plus I had some errands to do in the area.
post #28477 of 45192
I believe I went to a midtown location? Can't remember really it was a couple years ago.
post #28478 of 45192
while driving through the Bushwick area today I saw a festive "JUST DIVORCED" spray painted onto the back of a decrepit minivan.
post #28479 of 45192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

I start with an "L" motion, keeping a fairly sharp corner at the bottom. Then I add the middle and upper tines of the E. So, it goes

L. then middle, then upper.
Doesn't this make it look like the symbol for pounds sterling?
post #28480 of 45192
Comcast guy calls to ask if he can show up an hour earlier to set up my internet & cable TV. I was home so that was more than fine with me--especially since the last time I moved, the Comcast guy was late by two or three hours. While he was here, the furniture movers called to ask if they could deliver my loveseat several hours early. I was afraid I'd be sitting around waiting until 9 p.m., but I was done with everything by 4. I was so excited setting shit up that I stayed too long in my parking spot and got a $36 ticket, but I didn't even mind.
post #28481 of 45192
What are Comcast and consumer satisfaction doing in the same story?
post #28482 of 45192
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

What are Comcast and consumer satisfaction doing in the same story?

Easy. When I dropped Comcast I called on them to honor their 30-day opt-out no-charge clause. After four phone calls - each of which resulted in a random reduction - they eventually cancelled my service. I went to AT&T and was satisfied.
post #28483 of 45192
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRoi View Post

Doesn't this make it look like the symbol for pounds sterling?

No, because it doesn't.

No loops, and the horizontal strokes all start off the vertical (well, close to it) and they are roughly the same length. If I'd started with a cursive 'L' (think the monogram on Laverne's sweater) then I could see your point. But mine is a Brutalist-styled L, when I'm in the right frame of mind.
post #28484 of 45192
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

What are Comcast and consumer satisfaction doing in the same story?

I have no idea. It's a first for me after years of being an unhappy Comcast customer.
post #28485 of 45192
Does there even exist a major cable/phone company in the US that does exude teh suckage?

Anyway, very happy lately to have added cardio to my workout. It's freaking awesome to see the number of miles you're able to run increase pretty significantly with each new workout session. Also, runner's high is awesome icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif.

Anyone else notice that you're able to run much longer if you try to ignore the 'distance ran' gauge for as long as possible? That thing is like the ultimate de-motivator because the moment I see I'm close to a nice 'wholesome' number, I tell myself, 'okay, you can take a break once you reach X.0 miles or X.5 miles' when I probably could easily keep running.

I wish I could just turn it off completely.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy