or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 1851

post #27751 of 44021

This is making me happy. Why does crappy air make me happy? Well, a few days ago the pollution peaked at around 750(on a scale that only goes to 500, anything above 500 would be extremely hazardous), so having it back at the normal hazardous levels feels kinda "good". Just for reference, the recommended limit is 25(kids and sensitive people) and 100 for the rest. Also, the air quality in NY at the same time was 19. 

 

 

post #27752 of 44021
Jesus. Stay safe, Maxi.
post #27753 of 44021
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post

Jesus. Stay safe, Maxi.

 

Thanks. Yea, I do have a mask for pollution when I'm outside and ride my bike to/from work, and I try to stay indoors as much as possible. However, having really crappy air is just something that you have to deal with when you live in Beijing/China. I do have to say though, that usually it's hovering between 2-300, so anything above 500 is extreme even by Beijing standards. 

One of my jobs has an office at the 23rd floor, so you could clearly see about 1 block and then everything was covered in a brown stinky mist. I didn't know the pollution was going to be that bad, so I rode my bike to work and back when the pollution peaked at 750. First time my eyes started to water when I was riding a bike. My throat and lungs didn't feel too good either, despite the mask. 

 

Ah well, this too shall pass. Apparently there are winds that will clean this mess away from here in the next few days. Hopefully.

post #27754 of 44021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximator View Post

Thanks. Yea, I do have a mask for pollution when I'm outside and ride my bike to/from work, and I try to stay indoors as much as possible. However, having really crappy air is just something that you have to deal with when you live in Beijing/China. I do have to say though, that usually it's hovering between 2-300, so anything above 500 is extreme even by Beijing standards. 
One of my jobs has an office at the 23rd floor, so you could clearly see about 1 block and then everything was covered in a brown stinky mist. I didn't know the pollution was going to be that bad, so I rode my bike to work and back when the pollution peaked at 750. First time my eyes started to water when I was riding a bike. My throat and lungs didn't feel too good either, despite the mask. 

Ah well, this too shall pass. Apparently there are winds that will clean this mess away from here in the next few days. Hopefully.

I visited Mexico City back in the '90s when it was really fucking bad and i could not have survived in that. Don't know what it was back then, numbers wise, but it was bad. Hope it's nothing like that.
post #27755 of 44021
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post


I visited Mexico City back in the '90s when it was really fucking bad and i could not have survived in that. Don't know what it was back then, numbers wise, but it was bad. Hope it's nothing like that.

 

I have too much time on my hands, so I did some research. According to a study done in 1997, the air pollution levels are about a third to a fourth of what we usually have in Beijing. I don't know if that's because the cleanup measures started to work(probably) or if it never was THAT bad. However, since Beijing currently has the worst air quality in the world(a position shared with New Delhi), I'd say that Mexico City then and Beijing now are about as shitty.

 

 

Sources: http://aaqr.org/VOL10_No3_June2010/1_AAQR-09-06-OA-0042_193-211.pdf   Check out table 4;

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2010/11/29/10-cities-with-worlds-worst-air/  This article is from 2010, and it hasn't gotten better...

post #27756 of 44021
'97 was on the way up I think, but if Beijing is even close to as bad as Mexico City in '93 you should be wearing a gas mask. I was hacking up black "stuff" for two days after I left.
post #27757 of 44021

Haha, I should be wearing a gas mask, period. I honestly don't want to see how my lungs look like. Probably like a 50 year old smoker. 

post #27758 of 44021
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post




getting paid to party. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 View Post

Speaking of breakfast, my mother is 0 for 2 right now. I originally requested some hash browns with a side of eggs. Ended up with pancakes and sausage. Fortunately, sausages were cooked to perfection.

ugh. your mom's unbearable... its mighty big of you to let her stay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximator View Post

This is making me happy. Why does crappy air make me happy? Well, a few days ago the pollution peaked at around 750(on a scale that only goes to 500, anything above 500 would be extremely hazardous), so having it back at the normal hazardous levels feels kinda "good". Just for reference, the recommended limit is 25(kids and sensitive people) and 100 for the rest. Also, the air quality in NY at the same time was 19. 




that is disgusting.
post #27759 of 44021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximator View Post

This is making me happy. Why does crappy air make me happy? Well, a few days ago the pollution peaked at around 750(on a scale that only goes to 500, anything above 500 would be extremely hazardous), so having it back at the normal hazardous levels feels kinda "good". Just for reference, the recommended limit is 25(kids and sensitive people) and 100 for the rest. Also, the air quality in NY at the same time was 19. 




I have asthma..

I will be dead there in 5 minutes..
post #27760 of 44021
Congrats to Huntsman, Bhowie, Acid and HB... the latter for giving me the greatest tool ever.

Neo--I don't know how you survive. You are a true hero for us all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscotti View Post

I love going to Spanish mass--I don't know what they are saying.

ME TOO! The thing I hate though is they are about 90 minutes long and I can go to the Cathedral and be done in 50 minutes. I'm pious but not that pious...
post #27761 of 44021
Neo, I hope this gross mistreatment you are receiving from your mother in no way compromises the fine work you do as a world renowned neurosurgeon.
post #27762 of 44021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Neo, I hope this gross mistreatment you are receiving from your mother in no way compromises the fine work you do as a world renowned neurosurgeon.

I would imagine that after he gets a fine serving of sausage he is under less stress than before. So... no.
post #27763 of 44021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Neo, I hope this gross mistreatment you are receiving from your mother in no way compromises the fine work you do as a world renowned neurosurgeon.

One thing that was under appreciated with the legend of Doogie Howser was how unquestionably supportive his mom was. Specially during the time he and Wanda broke up.
post #27764 of 44021
A Canuker wearing the Panta pants I got him for Christmas smile.gif
post #27765 of 44021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Canuker View Post

A Canuker wearing the Panta pants I got him for Christmas smile.gif

ill bet he looks dapper as can be!
--
going to my cousins wedding today. should be nice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy