or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 184

post #2746 of 43608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
I found out I got the job I really wanted in the place I really want to live. Not only do I have a good job in a good city, but I get to leave my crappy job!
Sounds like great news, congrats!
post #2747 of 43608
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post
I found out I got the job I really wanted in the place I really want to live. Not only do I have a good job in a good city, but I get to leave my crappy job!

Great news indeed! Congratulations!
post #2748 of 43608
congrats!
post #2749 of 43608
Don't have to take the MPRE. Sweet.
post #2750 of 43608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Canuker View Post
Looks like another little Princess will be joining the family
congratulations! +++++ So I went to my friend's cremation service yesterday. She succumbed to cancer last week, the morning after we visited her in the hospital. She was just 35, and a husband to a friend of mine since I was in grade school and a mother of a 3 year old and a 5 year old, both lovely girls. The past week was terrible to say the least, and it was hard coming to terms with her death, even if it was a long drawn out battle against cancer. Dealing with it was hard not just for me but most specially to her family, including her very much grieving parents, siblings and in-laws. Anyway at yesterday's service, her dad in the eulogy talked about having to let her go. I know its hard specially for them, the parents, but its great that they realize that we all should come to terms with her loss and move on. She will be sorely missed, but life still has to go on. The mood after her dad's eulogy turned from sad to light and jovial, and I think that's what our departed friend would've wanted. And that's what's making me happy.
post #2751 of 43608
^ Tragic and inspiring.
post #2752 of 43608
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLantern View Post
^ Tragic and inspiring.

+1

Thanks for sharing that, Acidic. And sorry for your loss.
post #2753 of 43608
Thread Starter 
sorry for your loss. that is a very tragic story.
post #2754 of 43608
Sorry to hear this acidic.

I am now several days status post federal inspection. I feel very good.
post #2755 of 43608
Thread Starter 
it looks very likely that I will hit 60% growth in sales in my unit this year. the other unit is going to be down, maybe by 15-20%. I will, very probrably, get the highest level of bonus that was on my plan, making this the year that I will earn the most money in my life. right now I am trying to make sure that I don't grow more than 60%, because anything above that falls outside of my bonus structure. on top of that, my CEO didn't believe that it was possible for me to grow sales by 30% (which we already hit), he is going to be totally amazed that sales have grown so much.

I don't mean to be shallow, but that fucking makes me very very happy.
post #2756 of 43608
good shit.
post #2757 of 43608
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post
it looks very likely that I will hit 60% growth in sales in my unit this year. the other unit is going to be down, maybe by 15-20%. I will, very probrably, get the highest level of bonus that was on my plan, making this the year that I will earn the most money in my life. right now I am trying to make sure that I don't grow more than 60%, because anything above that falls outside of my bonus structure. on top of that, my CEO didn't believe that it was possible for me to grow sales by 30% (which we already hit), he is going to be totally amazed that sales have grown so much.

I don't mean to be shallow, but that fucking makes me very very happy.

Very cool, Globe. You can use that extra bonus money for Pokemon cards!
post #2758 of 43608
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
Sounds like great news, congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
Great news indeed! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
congrats!

Thanks, all! I really couldn't be happier about it. I'm fortunate to have a job at all right now, getting the one I want is the icing on the cake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicboy View Post
So I went to my friend's cremation service yesterday. She succumbed to cancer last week, the morning after we visited her in the hospital. She was just 35, and a husband to a friend of mine since I was in grade school and a mother of a 3 year old and a 5 year old, both lovely girls. The past week was terrible to say the least, and it was hard coming to terms with her death, even if it was a long drawn out battle against cancer. Dealing with it was hard not just for me but most specially to her family, including her very much grieving parents, siblings and in-laws. Anyway at yesterday's service, her dad in the eulogy talked about having to let her go. I know its hard specially for them, the parents, but its great that they realize that we all should come to terms with her loss and move on. She will be sorely missed, but life still has to go on. The mood after her dad's eulogy turned from sad to light and jovial, and I think that's what our departed friend would've wanted.

And that's what's making me happy.

Condolences. It sounds like everyone made the best of a terrible situation.
post #2759 of 43608
thanks everyone... night after her cremation- downed 4 beers with a buddy at our usual place, because life does go on.
post #2760 of 43608
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post
Very cool, Globe. You can use that extra bonus money for Pokemon cards!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy