or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 1828

post #27406 of 45299
I had a fantastic NYE, maybe my best ever. Opera, dinner, and lots of drinking. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #27407 of 45299
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

I had a fantastic NYE, maybe my best ever. Opera, dinner, and lots of drinking. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

nice! when is the road trip back home? drive safe.
post #27408 of 45299
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

I had a fantastic NYE, maybe my best ever. Opera, dinner, and lots of drinking. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

sounds awesome. glad you enjoyed, JJ.
post #27409 of 45299
Hope everyone had an awesome NYE. I'm happy to report only two glasses were broken at our table last night. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #27410 of 45299
Hangover has cleared up, some very spicy food and copious amounts of soup did the job:)
post #27411 of 45299
There's herring, there are sardines and shrimp salad, there's bacon and leverpostej and frikadeller.

Something like 5 different aquavits in the freezer, bunch of beer sitting on the porch, and a bottle of sherry in the living room.

Now just need the guests to arrive smile.gif
post #27412 of 45299
Quote:
Originally Posted by otc View Post

There's herring, there are sardines and shrimp salad, there's bacon and leverpostej and frikadeller.
Something like 5 different aquavits in the freezer, bunch of beer sitting on the porch, and a bottle of sherry in the living room.
Now just need the guests to arrive smile.gif

Didn't you host last night too? You're the man.

I'm happy 'cause I didn't cook yesterday and not cooking today. Pulling some of the rillettes out of the fridge I made a few weeks ago and headed down the street for dinner. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #27413 of 45299
This just happened. I went out to pick up sandwiches from a neighborhood joint and this kind of spaced out girl takes my order for chicken salad.

"We dont carry that."

"Are you sure, its right there on the menu underneath egg salad?"

"Ohh, chicken salad. I thought you said chicken talon"

eek.gif
post #27414 of 45299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Didn't you host last night too? You're the man.
I'm happy 'cause I didn't cook yesterday and not cooking today. Pulling some of the rillettes out of the fridge I made a few weeks ago and headed down the street for dinner. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Nah, mostly just stayed at home with my parents preparing food for today.

Every new years day we host what we call "Danish Lunch" which is essentially a danish christmas day lunch from the 50's (when my grandparents came to america...although I've talked to some danes about it and it seems like many of them still have remarkably similar christmas meals). This one's done on new year's day with friends instead of family and has been going on since before I was born.

Lots of open faced sandwiches assembled in courses. bunnch of different pickled herrings/sardines/deviled eggs/shimp salad first. Then some sliced meats and salami/liver pate/danish version of swedish meatballs/etc. Finally some smelly cheeses and fruit.
All served with plenty of beer and toasts with shots of aquavit.

14 people this year, two newbies to the event and everybody else has been to many.
post #27415 of 45299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennglock View Post

This just happened. I went out to pick up sandwiches from a neighborhood joint and this kind of spaced out girl takes my order for chicken salad.
"We dont carry that."
"Are you sure, its right there on the menu underneath egg salad?"
"Ohh, chicken salad. I thought you said chicken talon"
eek.gif

true story... I was in thailand 15years ago visiting a friend and was eating a chicken soup dish that his mother prepared and was very proud of. I swirled around the ladle and scooped up a drum stick and it turned over revealing a huge assed steaming chicken talon/foot from the broth. I was still a spoiled sheltered kid from new england at the time and started retching immediately.

I was embarrassed and appologized profusely. by the end of the two week trip i was eating BBQ'd chicken feet (fucking delicious), and BBQ'd chicken intestines sold on street vendors voraciously.
post #27416 of 45299
I've eaten them dozens of times before, I'll eat them dozens of times again, but I will always loathe chicken feet. Nasty.
post #27417 of 45299
Never had a chicken's foot. Had several pig's feet.
post #27418 of 45299
Fried Chicken feet FTw.
post #27419 of 45299
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Hope everyone had an awesome NYE. I'm happy to report only two glasses were broken at our table last night. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

only?
post #27420 of 45299
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

nice! when is the road trip back home? drive safe.
I made the first half of the trip today to my favorite spot in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Too much snow and cold for hiking, so I get to watch football all evening. Yay!!! smile.gif

Tomorrow I'll finish the drive home, but will probably have to shovel my way into the garage because of all the snow there since I've been gone. frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy