or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 1824

post #27346 of 47107
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

Happy Birthday, me. Shall I buy some Alden boots? Sure. Why not.

Happy Birthday SH. How old are you?
post #27347 of 47107
I just discovered that I have a very distant relative who was born in 1835 and who was named Theodore Freiheit. If that were an English name rather than a German one, he'd be Theo Freedom. Theo Freedom is the name that Ray Smuckles (the cat) adopted when he went into rehab for his alcoholism. (He signed the Cognitive Intuity Register as Theo Freedom.)

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=05142012

That is some pretty cool stuff.
post #27348 of 47107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Happy Birthday SH. How old are you?

27.
post #27349 of 47107
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

27.

Bastard.
post #27350 of 47107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

^ My local shop sells something called Faux Gras, for those who want the taste of froie gras without the liver-explodery component. While about 80% of the way there, it simply doesn't match up to the real stuff.

Isn't that just pate?
post #27351 of 47107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Isn't that just pate?

Duck liver pate...
post #27352 of 47107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Isn't that just pate?

Possibly, it may be "clever" [used in the loosest possible sense] marketing, or they may have made an attempt at making it taste genuine, in the sense of adding ingredients to mimic the uber-smooth texture and melt in the mouth.

I can't say it holds much interest to me personally; if my food isn't hurting someone then it simply isn't be made right. I like to go to McDonalds simply to imagine the cows crying.
post #27353 of 47107

A) I got a full nights sleep and woke up feeling like about a million bucks.

 

B) I managed to get a few transactions handled at the bank so I have more money than I did.

 

C) I'm dressed like an idiot today, like three hipsters and someone's grandma got caught in the blender ugly, but damn if I'm not warm and comfy on a cold ass miserable winter's day.

post #27354 of 47107
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

Happy Birthday, me. Shall I buy some Alden boots? Sure. Why not.
That would be a nice birthday present, especially if you get someone to buy them for you. Happy Birthday.
post #27355 of 47107
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

Happy Birthday, me. Shall I buy some Alden boots? Sure. Why not.

Happy birthday Stephen.

...

Sunday, we replaced the toddler bed with a twin-size bed, and our girl was very happy with it. I have a few misgivings, but she got to sleep a bit early and slept well. The mattress dwarfs her, though. She could sleep sideways and have room to stretch. Afterwards, we ran around a bit and then hung out in the living room together, where I watched her put her dolls to bed, play-cook, and then - bizarre - she grabbed a book off the stack, sat on the couch, and thumbed through it. Later on she helped me with the laundry, putting sheets from the washer into the dryer, and then started putting the towels that had just come out of the dryer back into the washer. I kinda didn't want to stop her.
post #27356 of 47107
I slept on an extra long twin for years and was totally fine with it. Getting a queen was the worst mistake I have ever made. It caused the girlfriend to move in... plain.gif
post #27357 of 47107
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

Happy Birthday, me. Shall I buy some Alden boots? Sure. Why not.

HAPPY B-DAY!! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

Sunday, we replaced the toddler bed with a twin-size bed, and our girl was very happy with it. I have a few misgivings, but she got to sleep a bit early and slept well. The mattress dwarfs her, though. She could sleep sideways and have room to stretch. Afterwards, we ran around a bit and then hung out in the living room together, where I watched her put her dolls to bed, play-cook, and then - bizarre - she grabbed a book off the stack, sat on the couch, and thumbed through it. Later on she helped me with the laundry, putting sheets from the washer into the dryer, and then started putting the towels that had just come out of the dryer back into the washer. I kinda didn't want to stop her.

awww, thats really sweet. great stuff, T-bird.
post #27358 of 47107
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHero View Post

27.

jeeze i know 27 might feel old, but you are very very very young.

there's that thing where all rock stars artists die at 28, and othes claim that its the hardest year to live in a young life, and I didn't believe it, but when I hit 28 (i'm turning 34 in march) I had a hellacious year (36hour medical duties, being married and away from the wife the whole time, wanting to give up on life).

happy birthday man, enjoy it and brace yourself for that upcoming 28.
post #27359 of 47107
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD View Post

jeeze i know 27 might feel old, but you are very very very young.
there's that thing where all rock stars artists die at 28, and othes claim that its the hardest year to live in a young life, and I didn't believe.

It's 27 Club , not 28. wink.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club
post #27360 of 47107
At 27 I feel so behind at everything.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy