or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 1800

post #26986 of 44601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Is "backyard foliage" code for ass hairs?

No. Shave those once, and you never do it again. Unless you're idfml.

Long story: to get to the back yard, we have to go around the pool, and there's an oak sapling that's starting to take root - and a larger tree-like thing of indeterminate origin that's branching out into the walkway. It was early-ish and I was taking the dog out for a pee, and I thought...hey, I know where those loppers are...and I never have the time to do this when I get home... So at 4:45 this morning I had the loppers out and started pruning back that stupid tree.
post #26987 of 44601

I'm getting gray hairs. They're actually becoming noticeable. Fuck knows why this makes me happy, but it does.

post #26988 of 44601
Lucky, I have to shave those bad boys every 3 weeks.
post #26989 of 44601
Just found a 100 dollar bill in the pocket of my shirt. Don't know how it got there or how long it's been there. I should probably be mad at myself for losing 100 bucks and not knowing it, since I'm pretty far from being rich enough to toss around 100s like they are nothing, but instead I am all icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #26990 of 44601
I think you should be concerned about why your shirts have pockets...
post #26991 of 44601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

Holy hell, I slept 6 hours last night and feel like a new man. Got up, studied for a bit, trimmed some of the backyard foliage, responded to a few emails, ran some decent mileage in a solid time, got the baby girl up and ready, arrived at work early.

awesome. glad you finally got some normal person sleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

No. Shave those once, and you never do it again. Unless you're idfml.

correct.
---
had appt with doc yesterday. new meds, some OTC and a prescription cough suppressant. feeling so much better. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #26992 of 44601
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

Just found a 100 dollar bill in the pocket of my shirt. Don't know how it got there or how long it's been there. I should probably be mad at myself for losing 100 bucks and not knowing it, since I'm pretty far from being rich enough to toss around 100s like they are nothing, but instead I am all icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

best. feeling. ever.

well, finding candy is better, but a hundo is pretty good.
post #26993 of 44601
SF members who have met me know that I am a reserved person who talks little about my private life. But I thought this story was too good not to share.

I went to a holiday party last Saturday night. The hostess introduced me to a gorgeous blonde -- think actress January Jones. This girl and I got to talking, and I discovered that she was smart (government lawyer) and well-traveled, and had a bubbly personality. Throughout our conversation, she gave me little signs that she was interested; meanwhile, all I could think was "Why are you not running away yet?" and "I can't believe this is happening." Later on in the evening, she tracked me down to let me know she was leaving for another party and gave me a hug goodbye. Naturally, I asked for her number. She seemed eager to meet up again.

Fast forward to last night. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to dating, and believe that a man should always call up a woman to ask her out rather than texting, regardless of how nervous he is. As expected, I got her voicemail and left a rambling and inarticulate message about getting together before the end of the world on Friday, and being willing to take the chance that the Mayans got it wrong if she wasn't available until next week. Damn, it sounded much smoother in my head than it came out of my mouth. She didn't call back, and I'm thinking I totally crapped away my chance with this girl. Then I received a text message an hour ago from her telling me that she got my message, she's headed to Boston today, and we'll touch base next week. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I have no idea where this is going. She may change her mind about meeting me again before next week, or she may FZ me after our meeting. All I know is that I'm on a high, and nothing's gonna bring me down. In a year where my beloved Redskins appear ready to reverse countless years of frustration, why can't my personal life do the same? smile.gif
post #26994 of 44601
I love it when my girlfriend gets her period because I know she's not pregnant.
post #26995 of 44601
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I love it when my girlfriend gets her period because I know she's not pregnant.

Ahaha I used to breathe the same sigh of relief
post #26996 of 44601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

SF members who have met me know that I am a reserved person who talks little about my private life. But I thought this story was too good not to share.
I went to a holiday party last Saturday night. The hostess introduced me to a gorgeous blonde -- think actress January Jones. This girl and I got to talking, and I discovered that she was smart (government lawyer) and well-traveled, and had a bubbly personality. Throughout our conversation, she gave me little signs that she was interested; meanwhile, all I could think was "Why are you not running away yet?" and "I can't believe this is happening." Later on in the evening, she tracked me down to let me know she was leaving for another party and gave me a hug goodbye. Naturally, I asked for her number. She seemed eager to meet up again.
Fast forward to last night. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to dating, and believe that a man should always call up a woman to ask her out rather than texting, regardless of how nervous he is. As expected, I got her voicemail and left a rambling and inarticulate message about getting together before the end of the world on Friday, and being willing to take the chance that the Mayans got it wrong if she wasn't available until next week. Damn, it sounded much smoother in my head than it came out of my mouth. She didn't call back, and I'm thinking I totally crapped away my chance with this girl. Then I received a text message an hour ago from her telling me that she got my message, she's headed to Boston today, and we'll touch base next week. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I have no idea where this is going. She may change her mind about meeting me again before next week, or she may FZ me after our meeting. All I know is that I'm on a high, and nothing's gonna bring me down. In a year where my beloved Redskins appear ready to reverse countless years of frustration, why can't my personal life do the same? smile.gif

Be more confident, man. It's just a girl. You'll be fine.
post #26997 of 44601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

SF members who have met me know that I am a reserved person who talks little about my private life. But I thought this story was too good not to share.
I went to a holiday party last Saturday night. The hostess introduced me to a gorgeous blonde -- think actress January Jones. This girl and I got to talking, and I discovered that she was smart (government lawyer) and well-traveled, and had a bubbly personality. Throughout our conversation, she gave me little signs that she was interested; meanwhile, all I could think was "Why are you not running away yet?" and "I can't believe this is happening." Later on in the evening, she tracked me down to let me know she was leaving for another party and gave me a hug goodbye. Naturally, I asked for her number. She seemed eager to meet up again.
Fast forward to last night. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to dating, and believe that a man should always call up a woman to ask her out rather than texting, regardless of how nervous he is. As expected, I got her voicemail and left a rambling and inarticulate message about getting together before the end of the world on Friday, and being willing to take the chance that the Mayans got it wrong if she wasn't available until next week. Damn, it sounded much smoother in my head than it came out of my mouth. She didn't call back, and I'm thinking I totally crapped away my chance with this girl. Then I received a text message an hour ago from her telling me that she got my message, she's headed to Boston today, and we'll touch base next week. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I have no idea where this is going. She may change her mind about meeting me again before next week, or she may FZ me after our meeting. All I know is that I'm on a high, and nothing's gonna bring me down. In a year where my beloved Redskins appear ready to reverse countless years of frustration, why can't my personal life do the same? smile.gif


Just relax, you'll do fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I love it when my girlfriend gets her period because I know she's not pregnant.


icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #26998 of 44601
The family of the lost dog showed up at our door today with an adorable three year old telling us "thank you for finding our lost doggie." They gave us a thank-you card with a picture of them and the dog, a Starbucks gift card, and best of all, a generous donation to the local humane society made in my girlfriend's name. This whole episode has made my entire holiday; faith in humanity = restored.
post #26999 of 44601
AC, i met you, dude, you are a smooth cat, you will do fine. great news, glad for ya, mang.
--
jarude - great end to a great story. well done, sir.
post #27000 of 44601
AC - happy for ya mang. Hope it works out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I love it when my girlfriend gets her period because I know she's not pregnant.

Yeah, well, the thrill wears off after a while. Trust me on this one.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy