or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 1777

post #26641 of 42004
I'm drinking a martini right now.
post #26642 of 42004
at home. Lots of wine. College hockey on TV. No wife tonight.
post #26643 of 42004
I've managed to stave off a complete and utter mental collapse.
post #26644 of 42004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

I've managed to stave off a complete and utter mental collapse.

I am happy to hear that, although I'm not happy that it was apparently a close call.
post #26645 of 42004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post


Visiting relatives or walking the earth, meeting people and getting into adventures?

 

A bit of both I suppose. Visiting relatives in Ireland, where I've never been before. A little bit of meeting people and getting into adventures may be on the list. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

 

post #26646 of 42004
Edit: wrong thread >_>

OT: got laid!
post #26647 of 42004
Quote:
Originally Posted by dune View Post

Edit: wrong thread >_>
OT: got laid!

 

For the first time? cheers.gif

post #26648 of 42004
Getting back to my Christmas sewing. Got all pattern pieces, ruffle pieces, elastic and fold over elastic cut last night to make 3 doll size nightgowns this morning, it's going to be a great day!
post #26649 of 42004
AA25354E-715F-46A3-9EB8-EE96F93FB891-14323-0000091A31DA9B0D.jpg

Candy cane chocolate chip christmas cookies.
post #26650 of 42004
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I am happy to hear that, although I'm not happy that it was apparently a close call.

Its something that I have to constantly ward off at the moment. Nothing like having the bounds of your mental stability tested on a bi-weekly basis.
post #26651 of 42004
Knowing that you need to fight is half the battle sometimes. It's when you realise that you haven't been fighting it that things get really interesting. Stay strong!
post #26652 of 42004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Its something that I have to constantly ward off at the moment. Nothing like having the bounds of your mental stability tested on a bi-weekly basis.

About 25 years ago a family friend, who is a psychiatric nurse, told me something that I think is very true. He said "you are in charge of your own mental health". That doesn't mean that you shouldn't avail yourself of pharmacological or professional help, but if you need help you have to ask for it. It sounds to me like you need help, but only you can make that determination and only you can act on it.
post #26653 of 42004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

Knowing that you need to fight is half the battle sometimes. It's when you realise that you haven't been fighting it that things get really interesting. Stay strong!

Troof.
post #26654 of 42004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Its something that I have to constantly ward off at the moment. Nothing like having the bounds of your mental stability tested on a bi-weekly basis.
All the best....
post #26655 of 42004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhood View Post

Knowing that you need to fight is half the battle sometimes. It's when you realise that you haven't been fighting it that things get really interesting. Stay strong!

It is. And sometimes, when you don't yet realize that things have gotten bad, its almost too late to climb back out of the hole. Its amazing how subversive it can be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

About 25 years ago a family friend, who is a psychiatric nurse, told me something that I think is very true. He said "you are in charge of your own mental health". That doesn't mean that you shouldn't avail yourself of pharmacological or professional help, but if you need help you have to ask for it. It sounds to me like you need help, but only you can make that determination and only you can act on it.

Well, what I really need is to get away from the cause of my mental stress issues. Sadly, that won't be the case for another month. So I have to be on guard until then. When I'm away from this things aren't a problem.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy