or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 1664

post #24946 of 43932
I'm having the busiest year I've had since I came to my current job. I haven't had a single day this semester where I could take a few hours off and just relax. I'm not batting 1.000 in terms of getting things done at the quality I'd like or in terms of the timetable I'd like. But 1.000 would take a miracle. I'm pretty proud of myself for managing all the work as well as I have.
post #24947 of 43932
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

I'm having the busiest year I've had since I came to my current job. I haven't had a single day this semester where I could take a few hours off and just relax. I'm not batting 1.000 in terms of getting things done at the quality I'd like or in terms of the timetable I'd like. But 1.000 would take a miracle. I'm pretty proud of myself for managing all the work as well as I have.

good for you - but you can see when it will slow down, right? you can't do this for ever.
post #24948 of 43932
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

good for you - but you can see when it will slow down, right? you can't do this for ever.

Thanks. You're actually one of the people I think of when I feel too worn out to do more work and need to keep myself going--Thomas too--because you guys always seem not only to be working very hard, but working very hard on very important things.

I've accepted a new administrative position (which I don't actually get paid any more for!), and that requires very intense work for a couple months in the fall. In addition, I've just got a very active conference schedule this fall. So to answer your question, yes, I think this should start to slow down for me maybe in November.
post #24949 of 43932
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

Thanks. You're actually one of the people I think of when I feel too worn out to do more work and need to keep myself going--Thomas too--because you guys always seem not only to be working very hard, but working very hard on very important things.
I've accepted a new administrative position (which I don't actually get paid any more for!), and that requires very intense work for a couple months in the fall. In addition, I've just got a very active conference schedule this fall. So to answer your question, yes, I think this should start to slow down for me maybe in November.

thanks - I work really hard, but I also spend a lot of time with my family, or at least I do when I'm not traveling, and I make sure to save an hour or so for myself every day to excersize. these things are key for long term health.

good luck
post #24950 of 43932
Zicam actually works!
post #24951 of 43932
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

honestly, not so much, but I like to eat in a succah with the kids at least once a year. none of my friends make a really cool succah, but they are servicable and the company is great, so that is what matters.
did you get to a rocking succah?

i like an old school succhah. i dont know that i have ever been in rockin succah in the sense of decked out with bling. my parents have a rockin succah in that it is nicely decorated, good size, and there is always lots of singing and general good cheer. that is the rocking-est type of succah for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

We have friends that do an incredible sukkah every year. They use Xmas lights as part of their decorations laugh.gif It is huge and looks very cool. We missed their big party last night as we had a gala we had to go to. The gala was fine, as galas go, but would rather have been having his smoked brisket under the stars.

lolz, do they use red and green lights, or just the regular color lights on a string that you see adorning trees in the winter? bummer you missed out this year.

---

speaking of all this, i just got home from a fantastic big family lunch at my parents succah, preceded by dancing in the kitchen. most excellent. and the stitch wife is preparing a briket for this evening.

bigstar[1].gif
post #24952 of 43932
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

monday would be our 12th wedding anniversary. it was definitely no picnic, but a dozen years, a couple of wonderful kids, maybe another one soon, a couple of head surgeries, and tons of major facepalm moments, I've grown to love the acidwife more today than 12 years ago.
Congrats!!! cheers.gif
post #24953 of 43932
06F39E1D-8A91-4A6D-B4D7-73E40574CE58-13250-00000987A233DF98.jpg

Breakfast.
post #24954 of 43932
I would shank a motherfucker for a good cinnamon roll right now. God damn Messicans can't bake for shit.
post #24955 of 43932
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Incandescent View Post

^^ Sounds like you're in a great position. Congrads. Congratulations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

cheers, M... you doin' good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

DO IT! Even if it doesn't work out, you'll kick yourself if you pass it up without even trying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

...
DOOOOO EEEEET! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gificon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

Good luck with the decision. It's nice to be wanted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i think this sums it up nicely.

Thanks, all!

I'm strongly leaning to doing it. In fact, if the job were local, there'd be no question. The issue is that the interview is in a city that's about a half day drive, which means I'd have to take a day off of work to go to the interview. If this were a "I'm absolutely taking it if I get it" job, I'd go, period. However, given I'm not 100% on the job, I'm waffling on taking a day off and driving down for the interview.

Either way, I appreciate the support from all of you - one of these days I'm going to find the right move, even if this isn't it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

monday would be our 12th wedding anniversary. it was definitely no picnic, but a dozen years, a couple of wonderful kids, maybe another one soon, a couple of head surgeries, and tons of major facepalm moments, I've grown to love the acidwife more today than 12 years ago.

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

cheers.gif

Congrats!
post #24956 of 43932
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Thanks, all!
I'm strongly leaning to doing it. In fact, if the job were local, there'd be no question. The issue is that the interview is in a city that's about a half day drive, which means I'd have to take a day off of work to go to the interview. If this were a "I'm absolutely taking it if I get it" job, I'd go, period. However, given I'm not 100% on the job, I'm waffling on taking a day off and driving down for the interview.
Either way, I appreciate the support from all of you - one of these days I'm going to find the right move, even if this isn't it.
Do it! Like others have said, if you don't, you'll most certainly regret it at some point. Good luck!
post #24957 of 43932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

I would shank a motherfucker for a good cinnamon roll right now. God damn Messicans can't bake for shit.

I love simple Colombian breakfasts. Pan de Bono and hot chocolate. it's awesome when you see a Colombian flag on a food place in the city in the morning. they always have pan de bono.
post #24958 of 43932
I think I'm getting this job that's been in the works since the Cretaceous period. Received some promising news today and an offer should be made this week. Fingers are crossed.
post #24959 of 43932

Good luck, Conne.
 

post #24960 of 43932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connemara View Post

I think I'm getting this job that's been in the works since the Cretaceous period. Received some promising news today and an offer should be made this week. Fingers are crossed.

Maybe you shouldn't mention things like this on the forum before they come to fruition. It seems like you've jinxed yourself more than once. Irregardless, I hope it comes through this time.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy