or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 1366

post #20476 of 44646
Thanks, AB. I hope your build goes well and causes a minimal of stress.
post #20477 of 44646
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

I am hoping I'll be in that same position 14 to 16 months from now. cheers, piob!

good luck brah
post #20478 of 44646
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

I am hoping I'll be in that same position 14 to 16 months from now. cheers, piob!

good luck mang!
post #20479 of 44646
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

Thanks, AB. I hope your build goes well and causes a minimal of stress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

good luck brah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas View Post

good luck mang!

thanks y'all... of course you guys are invited to the housewarming. smile.gif
post #20480 of 44646
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post

thanks y'all... of course you guys are invited to the housewarming. smile.gif

Sweet.

Larry, who is the photographer, you or your wife?
post #20481 of 44646
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif you paying for the travel?
post #20482 of 44646
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtS90 View Post

...
I am still new to college and Valencia... But who do we complain/talk with if we don't feel the professor is up to the job? I e-mailed and called her office
...

Dude, Valencia is a community college. Your instructors are not professors.
post #20483 of 44646
Incidentally, of the four institutions of higher learning I attended, one of my instructors at Valencia was, by far, the worst. It was a speech class, and public speaking is something for which I have a knack. That didn't stop her from giving me awful grades on my projects. I can recall one presentation in particular where, during her critique of my work in front of the class, she gave me a list of parts of the assignment she claimed I hadn't done in my speech (e.g. verbally cite sources). I'd done all of them, and I responded along the lines of, "no that was all in there," but she wouldn't listen. I even had other classmates standing up for me and saying, "no, [instructor], he definitely included all of that stuff," but she insisted I hadn't.

She also told my friend, who happened to be in the class with me, that I was the "student from Hell."

That experience was the only time in my academic career that I can honestly say that a teacher had it out for me. I did my fair share of screwing up (my transcripts from that time are laughable), and I never blamed it on anyone but myself. Her class was the lone exception.

I wasn't the only one, either. She threw another guy out of the class, and he reported her to the powers-that-be.
post #20484 of 44646
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post

Sweet.
Larry, who is the photographer, you or your wife?

I am. The wife has a weird tick whenever she's about to take a photograph (cellphone/camera/ect) she's actually move right before clicking resulting in a blurry pic (or non focused subject). It results in repeated pictures and lots of stress.
post #20485 of 44646
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post

Incidentally, of the four institutions of higher learning I attended, one of my instructors at Valencia was, by far, the worst. It was a speech class, and public speaking is something for which I have a knack. That didn't stop her from giving me awful grades on my projects. I can recall one presentation in particular where, during her critique of my work in front of the class, she gave me a list of parts of the assignment she claimed I hadn't done in my speech (e.g. verbally cite sources). I'd done all of them, and I responded along the lines of, "no that was all in there," but she wouldn't listen. I even had other classmates standing up for me and saying, "no, [instructor], he definitely included all of that stuff," but she insisted I hadn't.
She also told my friend, who happened to be in the class with me, that I was the "student from Hell."
That experience was the only time in my academic career that I can honestly say that a teacher had it out for me. I did my fair share of screwing up (my transcripts from that time are laughable), and I never blamed it on anyone but myself. Her class was the lone exception.
I wasn't the only one, either. She threw another guy out of the class, and he reported her to the powers-that-be.

this is me not being surprised about where she landed a teaching job.
post #20486 of 44646
i just put together a great report for my boss. he was very pleased. smile.gif
post #20487 of 44646
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i just put together a great report for my boss. he was very pleased. smile.gif

Awesome broski, now TAKE HIS JOB!

post #20488 of 44646
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

this is me not being surprised about where she landed a teaching job.

Yeah, it certainly wasn't a shocker. She was awful.

I did have some fun with her, though. Our first speech assignment was a "how to" where we had to show people how to do some project, including specific steps to complete it. My speech was entitled "How to Get Harassed by the Police," and it included a number of helpful hints on how to irk the law without doing anything wrong. Among the hints were things like "piercings are good tools for getting harassed because the police know that people who stick needles in their faces will also use needles to do heroin." I also advised anti-social/mainstream stuff like long hair, heavy metal t-shirts, being out late at night, and so on, and I was my own example. I basically did the same thing as the kid who taught us all how to change a tire, but funny.

I believe I received a C on that particular assignment...
post #20489 of 44646
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrG View Post


Dude, Valencia is a community college. Your instructors are not professors.

IDK, they introduced there self as Professor, XXX... So I just went with it. But Valencia is transitioning to a state college and offers a few four year degrees.

post #20490 of 44646
Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtS90 View Post

IDK, they introduced there self as Professor, XXX... So I just went with it. But Valencia is transitioning to a state college and offers a few four year degrees.

Meh. They can call themselves whatever they want, but using the title "professor" in a non-research, non-tenure-track environment where terminal degrees for faculty are not the rule and student admission isn't competitive is an extraordinarily tenuous use of the term.

WRT the change in "format," it's not transitioning to a state college. It's transitioning to a college that offers some four-year degrees. SPC, formerly SPJC, did the same thing about 10 years ago.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy