or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

things that are making you happy - Page 14

post #196 of 45938
Amateur boxing!
post #197 of 45938
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post
For the fourth week in a row, I won trivia playing alone against a dozen other four man teams (two of which are friends of mine). I am a trivia god. In a fair and decent world, there would be trivia groupies.
What are you playing? Trivial Pursuit? I would pwn you.
post #198 of 45938
Quote:
Originally Posted by West24 View Post
Amateur boxing!
cool. Let us know how it goes. What weight you fighting at?
post #199 of 45938
Thanks i will. im fighting at heavyweight. im 6'2, 197.
post #200 of 45938
Quote:
Originally Posted by West24 View Post
Thanks i will. im fighting at heavyweight. im 6'2, 197.

Jeez... lets hope you are fast, cause you aren't very heavy for your height.
post #201 of 45938
actually i dont think im too bad for my height. im not skinny, pretty muscular, nothing crazy. but yea i have pretty decent hand speed for a heavy weight. and im naturaly right handed but fight southpaw, so i cause all kinds of problems for people that way.
post #202 of 45938
Quote:
Originally Posted by West24 View Post
actually i dont think im too bad for my height. im not skinny, pretty muscular, nothing crazy. but yea i have pretty decent hand speed for a heavy weight. and im naturaly right handed but fight southpaw, so i cause all kinds of problems for people that way.
I probably would have fought (if I'd had any pro or semi-pro fights) at 210-215. I think I have excellent hand speed. What I don't have is excellent foot speed. I'm a bit of a puncher. But hey, not everyone can be Ali... right?
post #203 of 45938
haha thats true, but did you ever box and just not compete? i was above 200 pounds, but im making sure to stay under 200 because over is super heavyweight, where i would be fighting people who are 260 etc. i would be faster, but id rather not get hit by those guys if i can avoid it.
post #204 of 45938
Quote:
Originally Posted by West24 View Post
haha thats true, but did you ever box and just not compete? i was above 200 pounds, but im making sure to stay under 200 because over is super heavyweight, where i would be fighting people who are 260 etc. i would be faster, but id rather not get hit by those guys if i can avoid it.

Being faster really helps with not getting hit as much. I'd wager you'd get hit more in heavyweight at 190ish (with a bunch of other guys who weigh 190ish) than you would in Super at 210 or so. Super is full of fat, slow people. There are the occasional freaks of nature like my friend Demico who are like 6'5" 255 with 8 percent body fat and nearly seven foot wingspan, but he doesn't really box, he fights MMA. Those people comprise about 3% of the super heavyweight division, IME.The other 97% should be all technique fights.
post #205 of 45938
oh im sure youre right, and people have told me that, but im just worried about one day climbing into the ring with a 6'7 260 pure muscle bound freak.
post #206 of 45938
Quote:
Originally Posted by West24 View Post
oh im sure youre right, and people have told me that, but im just worried about one day climbing into the ring with a 6'7 260 pure muscle bound freak.

Its all part of the show!
post #207 of 45938
haha yea, i just hope im the one watching that one!
post #208 of 45938
Law school acceptance letters!!!
post #209 of 45938
"Sugar, Sugar" by the Archies.

"I'm gonna make your life so sweet, hey hey hey"
post #210 of 45938
Yesterday I went to one of the better menswear stores to get a few MTM shirts. I started talking to a guy there who I never saw before and just assumed he was a new salesperson (my usually guy had the day off.) After talking to him for awhile, he said he was impressed how I knew so much about clothes and asked me if I wanted to work for the store. I later found out that was the regional manager who just popped in for the day. I already have a career, but I thought it was a pretty cool compliment.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › things that are making you happy