Originally Posted by Teger
this semester has been insanely busy but pretty gratifying:
* today we finished the last day of a three day long event that i suggested, planned and organized... was a huge amount of work and it turned out really well, and i've heard that my work putting everything together was noticed by a lot of higher ups which is nice
* went to a conference, presented a paper and won a nice award for the paper ($$)
* got a very competitive paid internship for the summer with a museum
* i chose the program i did to basically work with one professor, and this person told me this semester that: he'd be happy to oversee my thesis (actually going so far to suggest a topic to me that he himself is interested in, but doesn't have time, and thinks that i'm capable of researching) and have a future in the profession if i want it
* just heard this past week that i most likely will be receiving a $1000 scholarship in the next week or so
Damn, dude, sounds like you are cleaning up. Congrats on all the recent successes.
Originally Posted by globetrotter
we went to "tiger kingdom" where you play with baby tigers, and you can get you picture taken with adult tigers. I'm lieing on the ground with two baby tigers on top of me, and they go all midevil on me, bitting my ass and knee. looking back, it was hilarious, at the time, it was like a large dog attacking me.
That sounds like it would be really fun. I would love to do something like that some day.