Originally Posted by Linkz
Hey Everyone I'm new here and I'm 17, 6'7", and about 215 lbs. And I want good looking Chest, Abs, and Arms. I live at a boarding school but we have a gym here. I haven't really worked out much and I need advice on a routine, and how many of what exercise I should do. We have lots of equipment. I also know that my long arms don't help with muscle building, and i'm not horribly fat, just not great either. Thanks for the help.
1. Since you have sought advice only on good looking chest, arms and abs, I can tell you are only into that and not the aeshetique for a good overall look ala the epitome of manhood, Jay Cutler.
2. You are on the right track by seeking to improve via the gym. It is an additional advantage the gym is well stocked.
3. To start off, keep a journal to record the day, the exercise, the weight and repetitions done. You can advance it by recording your weight and food eaten.
4. Do meat and potatoes exercises to gain mass. These would be straight barbell curls for biceps, flat or incline barbell or machine bench presses for chest, close grip bench or lying triceps extension for triceps.
Dont waste time on cable crossovers or preacher curls if you dont have no arms and man boobs.
You may consider doing shoulders for a good front upper body look.
You can do this workout 2 to 4 times a week.
5. For abs, most important thing is diet and cardio. Lots of it and minor ab works.
Most professional bodybuilders dont do tons of ab work anyway.