My WeirdGuys flare out too much below the knee. Is it possible to get a pair of jeans tapered below the knee to cut out some flare? Has anyone done this with N&F jeans?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 8:57 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Naked and famous denim - Page 603post #9032 of 134666/14/12 at 7:52amQuote:
Sure, but if you want to keep the selvedge edge you must ask your tailor to taper from the inseam only. Or if you don't care about the selvedge edge at the bottom, then you can tell them to taper evenly from the outseam and inseam. If you don't wear a cuff or roll then I'd taper from both sides.post #9033 of 134666/14/12 at 11:14amI want an extremely breathable denim suited for hot weather. Lightweight is probably a good idea, but my focus is on breathability. I was thinking about the linen blends until I saw the painters.
Any suggestion between the two, or any alternatives? I wear a 29 in wg elephant 2, want to stay around the same shape with a major cut on the inseam.post #9034 of 134666/14/12 at 11:16amQuote:Originally Posted by alwaysraw
Sure, but if you want to keep the selvedge edge you must ask your tailor to taper from the inseam only. Or if you don't care about the selvedge edge at the bottom, then you can tell them to taper evenly from the outseam and inseam. If you don't wear a cuff or roll then I'd taper from both sides.
I do care about the selvedge edge because I usually cuff my jeans. Is it more difficult for a tailor to taper from the inseam only?post #9035 of 134666/14/12 at 12:34pmQuote:
you really find WG to flare too much? care to post a fit pic? do you have the right size?
i don't mean to offend, I'm just really surprised that you think they flare too much. Curious what your ideal fit is.post #9036 of 134666/14/12 at 12:35pmpost #9037 of 134666/14/12 at 1:20pmpost #9038 of 134666/14/12 at 1:23pmpost #9039 of 134666/14/12 at 2:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by c00kz
I want an extremely breathable denim suited for hot weather. Lightweight is probably a good idea, but my focus is on breathability. I was thinking about the linen blends until I saw the painters.
Any suggestion between the two, or any alternatives? I wear a 29 in wg elephant 2, want to stay around the same shape with a major cut on the inseam.
The painter denim is the obvious choice for you. Its 5oz denim. My friends swear by them!post #9040 of 134666/14/12 at 2:46pmQuote:
It can be done. I find it more even if you taper from both seams, but you had better ask a good tailor what they can do. What city are you in?post #9041 of 134666/14/12 at 4:51pmpost #9042 of 134666/14/12 at 6:13pm
I started a thread for Redcore Contest Denim. Come by and share your cool photos and insights.post #9043 of 134666/14/12 at 6:32pmpost #9044 of 134666/14/12 at 8:36pmpost #9045 of 134666/14/12 at 8:59pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › H. Stockton Atlanta - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › best hair products for fine,straight hair 5 minutes ago
- › US 11D - Lightly used Ralph Lauren Marlow (Crockett and Jones)... 6 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 12 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 15 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 15 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...