My WeirdGuys flare out too much below the knee. Is it possible to get a pair of jeans tapered below the knee to cut out some flare? Has anyone done this with N&F jeans?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 2:40 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Naked and famous denim - Page 603
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9032 of 134126/14/12 at 7:52amQuote:
Sure, but if you want to keep the selvedge edge you must ask your tailor to taper from the inseam only. Or if you don't care about the selvedge edge at the bottom, then you can tell them to taper evenly from the outseam and inseam. If you don't wear a cuff or roll then I'd taper from both sides.post #9033 of 134126/14/12 at 11:14amI want an extremely breathable denim suited for hot weather. Lightweight is probably a good idea, but my focus is on breathability. I was thinking about the linen blends until I saw the painters.
Any suggestion between the two, or any alternatives? I wear a 29 in wg elephant 2, want to stay around the same shape with a major cut on the inseam.post #9034 of 134126/14/12 at 11:16amQuote:Originally Posted by alwaysraw
Sure, but if you want to keep the selvedge edge you must ask your tailor to taper from the inseam only. Or if you don't care about the selvedge edge at the bottom, then you can tell them to taper evenly from the outseam and inseam. If you don't wear a cuff or roll then I'd taper from both sides.
I do care about the selvedge edge because I usually cuff my jeans. Is it more difficult for a tailor to taper from the inseam only?post #9035 of 134126/14/12 at 12:34pmQuote:
you really find WG to flare too much? care to post a fit pic? do you have the right size?
i don't mean to offend, I'm just really surprised that you think they flare too much. Curious what your ideal fit is.post #9036 of 134126/14/12 at 12:35pmpost #9037 of 134126/14/12 at 1:20pmpost #9038 of 134126/14/12 at 1:23pmpost #9039 of 134126/14/12 at 2:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by c00kz
I want an extremely breathable denim suited for hot weather. Lightweight is probably a good idea, but my focus is on breathability. I was thinking about the linen blends until I saw the painters.
Any suggestion between the two, or any alternatives? I wear a 29 in wg elephant 2, want to stay around the same shape with a major cut on the inseam.
The painter denim is the obvious choice for you. Its 5oz denim. My friends swear by them!post #9040 of 134126/14/12 at 2:46pmQuote:
It can be done. I find it more even if you taper from both seams, but you had better ask a good tailor what they can do. What city are you in?post #9041 of 134126/14/12 at 4:51pmpost #9042 of 134126/14/12 at 6:13pm
I started a thread for Redcore Contest Denim. Come by and share your cool photos and insights.post #9043 of 134126/14/12 at 6:32pmpost #9044 of 134126/14/12 at 8:36pm
- Naked and famous denim
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAY... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Official Golf Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan