The Skinny Guy is pretty tight around, go TTS for sure or size down 1 if you dare.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 6:13 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Naked and famous denim - Page 570
Styleforum Top Pickspost #8537 of 134124/29/12 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by highway
if you don't like the fit of these, please return them, because they WILL NOT STRETCH.
i have been wearing a new pair of wg deeps, every single day, since april 6th, and they have not stretched at all . . . .ESPECIALLY in the thigh. so if you want them baggier, get a size bigger.
No, I like the fit, they are just tight enough that I can't gain much weight. But they have stretched a bit already. Not by much, but better than when I first put them on.post #8538 of 134124/29/12 at 12:08pmQuote:
I think the NF jeans look baggy in some of the pictures because the models are wearing jeans that are sized up a bunch. This is particularly noticeable on *********. I have a pair of weird guy indigo jeans that I have been wearing for less than a week and they are pretty slim, though not super skinny. I also think NF makes a skinnier cut.
My jeans were initially very tight (I sized down two as recommended), but after the fairly short amount of time that I have been wearing them, they have stretched out a bit in the thighs and crotch. I'm not sure that any potential future children are free from danger just yet, but they are much safer than they were the first day. At first I wasn't sure if these jeans would work out, but now I'm pretty confident that I will wear them for a while. In a month or two I will decide if I want to buy a size larger for my next pair.
I do feel that the waist on these jeans is a bit large compared to the thigh and crotch dimensions.post #8539 of 134124/29/12 at 12:51pmpost #8540 of 134124/29/12 at 1:59pmQuote:
the material gets a lot softer as you wear them more, the 15oz denim definitely isn't as stiff as it used to be, but even from sagging, i haven't noticed stretching at all - which usually is the case with heavier denim.
post #8541 of 134124/29/12 at 2:06pmpost #8542 of 134124/29/12 at 3:57pmpost #8543 of 134124/29/12 at 8:48pmQuote:
what jeans do you have now, the tagged size on most jeans are usually completely wrong. It might be that you are closer to a 32-33 you should measure your current jeans first then decide based on the sizing chart.post #8544 of 134124/29/12 at 9:34pmQuote:
I measured the current jeans I use often and It's 15" x2 so It's Size 30 right? That's what the tag says also.
So 30" waist Is what I should order and I think N&F size 29 Is like 31" waist, Should be okay right?post #8545 of 134124/30/12 at 7:36amQuote:
Should be fine at the waist just make sure to take proper thigh measurements, as it seems a lot of the guys on here have trouble with that area. You might be able to go 28 in the Wg if your true waist is a 30. but again check other measurements first then decide.post #8546 of 134124/30/12 at 10:37ampost #8547 of 134124/30/12 at 10:58amQuote:
"* Size 29 (31" waist, 10.25" rise, 11.25" thigh, 8.1" knee, 36" inseam, 7.1" leg opening)" - According to the Blueowl measurements.
How does the thigh measurements work?
I also measured my jeans on one leg/thigh and they were about 11" thighs does that seem right to fit the WG Japan Heritage? To measure thighs It's near the crotch area right?post #8548 of 134124/30/12 at 11:39ampost #8549 of 134124/30/12 at 11:49amQuote:
the thighs and legs of those are really really really big to begin with for the skinnyguy cut . . . other than that, I was able to get my waist to stretch an extra inch, so now my 34w tags measure to a 36 in the waist. also i dont think that the thighs will stretch all, but they really are big from the get go.
- Naked and famous denim
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Long and he is so compelling at cleaning 41 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 42 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › Croquis sartoriaux / Sartorial sketches 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 14 minutes ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 19 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan