The Skinny Guy is pretty tight around, go TTS for sure or size down 1 if you dare.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 8:30 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Naked and famous denim - Page 570post #8537 of 134634/29/12 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by highway
if you don't like the fit of these, please return them, because they WILL NOT STRETCH.
i have been wearing a new pair of wg deeps, every single day, since april 6th, and they have not stretched at all . . . .ESPECIALLY in the thigh. so if you want them baggier, get a size bigger.
No, I like the fit, they are just tight enough that I can't gain much weight. But they have stretched a bit already. Not by much, but better than when I first put them on.post #8538 of 134634/29/12 at 12:08pmQuote:
I think the NF jeans look baggy in some of the pictures because the models are wearing jeans that are sized up a bunch. This is particularly noticeable on *********. I have a pair of weird guy indigo jeans that I have been wearing for less than a week and they are pretty slim, though not super skinny. I also think NF makes a skinnier cut.
My jeans were initially very tight (I sized down two as recommended), but after the fairly short amount of time that I have been wearing them, they have stretched out a bit in the thighs and crotch. I'm not sure that any potential future children are free from danger just yet, but they are much safer than they were the first day. At first I wasn't sure if these jeans would work out, but now I'm pretty confident that I will wear them for a while. In a month or two I will decide if I want to buy a size larger for my next pair.
I do feel that the waist on these jeans is a bit large compared to the thigh and crotch dimensions.post #8539 of 134634/29/12 at 12:51pmpost #8540 of 134634/29/12 at 1:59pmQuote:
the material gets a lot softer as you wear them more, the 15oz denim definitely isn't as stiff as it used to be, but even from sagging, i haven't noticed stretching at all - which usually is the case with heavier denim.
post #8541 of 134634/29/12 at 2:06pmpost #8542 of 134634/29/12 at 3:57pmpost #8543 of 134634/29/12 at 8:48pmQuote:
what jeans do you have now, the tagged size on most jeans are usually completely wrong. It might be that you are closer to a 32-33 you should measure your current jeans first then decide based on the sizing chart.post #8544 of 134634/29/12 at 9:34pmQuote:
I measured the current jeans I use often and It's 15" x2 so It's Size 30 right? That's what the tag says also.
So 30" waist Is what I should order and I think N&F size 29 Is like 31" waist, Should be okay right?post #8545 of 134634/30/12 at 7:36amQuote:
Should be fine at the waist just make sure to take proper thigh measurements, as it seems a lot of the guys on here have trouble with that area. You might be able to go 28 in the Wg if your true waist is a 30. but again check other measurements first then decide.post #8546 of 134634/30/12 at 10:37ampost #8547 of 134634/30/12 at 10:58amQuote:
"* Size 29 (31" waist, 10.25" rise, 11.25" thigh, 8.1" knee, 36" inseam, 7.1" leg opening)" - According to the Blueowl measurements.
How does the thigh measurements work?
I also measured my jeans on one leg/thigh and they were about 11" thighs does that seem right to fit the WG Japan Heritage? To measure thighs It's near the crotch area right?post #8548 of 134634/30/12 at 11:39ampost #8549 of 134634/30/12 at 11:49amQuote:
the thighs and legs of those are really really really big to begin with for the skinnyguy cut . . . other than that, I was able to get my waist to stretch an extra inch, so now my 34w tags measure to a 36 in the waist. also i dont think that the thighs will stretch all, but they really are big from the get go.
post #8550 of 134634/30/12 at 12:10pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 14 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › Winter boots that aren't ugly 5 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge September 2nd 2016 - the #menswear aficionado 7 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 17 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 21 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 27 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 29 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding