he might have meant New Starndard not New cure. I have had a few NS myself. They are great
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 4:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Naked and famous denim - Page 496
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7427 of 134142/13/12 at 6:41pmQuote:
Do you have a link to the example? From what I have been told, Oni doesn't even make their own denim fabric (they contract with an independent mill, like most Japanese denim labels), so I am curious to see how they develop it for other companies.post #7428 of 134142/13/12 at 6:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by johnH123
My pair of WG fits too loose in the waist, but its what I needed to do to accomodate my legs. I don't have massive tree trunks by any means, but I've tried sizing down in denim the legs never stretched enough for my liking. I think I need to accept that the cut just doesn't work for me (rise too low and the leg to waist measurements don't work well for me). But I love the near perfect taper. Might be some WG Deep Indigo up for sale soon.
Anyone know of denim that is somewhat like the WG as far as the taper was concerned, but with a higher rise? I was looking at the 3Sixteen slim tapered but I'm not entirely sure what would work best.
This is exactly what I am going through. I am in the Naked and Famous competition currently and I can't wait for it to end because the fit on my weird guys is uncomfortable. It is just me or does the Weird guy cut only work for a small portion of the population. The waist will fit but the rise and thighs are way to small but the taper is great. I did get a pair of slim guys tapered and they are working pretty good. I am not sure if the WG high will fit better on me or not. I want a higher rise then the WG but not necessarily as high as the WG high ya know.post #7429 of 134142/13/12 at 6:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ecco
Is the upper thigh of the Slim Guy really narrower than the Weird Guy?
Upper thigh is 10.5 in the Slim Guy (which I own and is snug) and 11.25 in the Weird Guy. Does this jibe with people's experiences?
sorry for all the multiple posts here guys......
at any rate, this seems odd to me. I have both a WG in 32 and SG in size 31. The SG fits nice, The WG is too tight in the thighs.....I don't understand these measurementspost #7430 of 134142/13/12 at 7:35pmpost #7431 of 134142/13/12 at 9:06pmpost #7432 of 134142/13/12 at 9:36pmpost #7433 of 134142/13/12 at 11:11pmQuote:
Miring quads. Maybe you should get something thats roomier up top and taper them. Or get a larger size and get the waist hemmed.post #7434 of 134142/13/12 at 11:17pmpost #7435 of 134142/13/12 at 11:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
I'm not really familiar with Big John's dyes, but I do own the N&F Big John collab as well as the raw selvage Big Johns that Barneys had this past season, and I will say that the denim is definitely different on the two jeans. Not sure which one is considered the main line denim, but the non-collab Big Johns had heavier and slubbier denim than the N&F collabs.
Well other than that and the rare line, none of the jeans offered from Big John are >14.5 oz.
Since that was the case I thought those were what the collab was based off of. Close enough when seen on pic, no?
For 10000 jpy, I might just grab a pair when I go to Japan this summer.
EDIT: OH SHIT just realized that Overseas version & Domestic version were different. I think this is THE denim used on the collab.
Here is the description (via google translation): "14,5 oz denim look attractive with a solid Japan JAPAN HERITAGE Heritage. Darker color by using the number 100, which is the initial ogle "KD-8" first of domestic denim, use a cotton tea to base further, that express the ogle, such as dead stock."
I guess the ones at the Atelier and Tenue De Nimes are more of Rare Line.post #7436 of 134142/14/12 at 6:04am
I don't see where you would lose inches in the rise from hemming the waist.....
Edit: are there usually end of spring/beginning of summer sales? And if so how much does it discount?
Edited by TooAwesome - 2/14/12 at 6:30ampost #7437 of 134142/14/12 at 7:48amQuote:
I feel like this may end up being what I end up having to do. Is it easy for tailors to take a few inches out of the waist?post #7438 of 134142/14/12 at 9:29amQuote:
http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=7514&category_id=&manufacturer_id=55&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1post #7439 of 134142/14/12 at 11:33am
I'm looking at a pair of the N&F x Oni's on fleabay, but I'm curious how much they shrink when soaked? I tried a regalar ole' 32 Weird Guy on today and it was far too large for my 33" waist.
Quote:Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Yes, the Oni collab uses the same denim that Oni uses in their main line. The price of the N&F collab is actually a little bit higher than what Oni's main line jeans retail for in Japan. The main line jeans retail for 21,000 yen, which at current exchange rates, comes out to $270.60. Very similar, but slightly less.
This is correct.
The Momotaro collab uses a different denim from Momo's main line, but the Oni collab uses Oni's main line denim.
I own a few pairs of Onis, and I can tell you that the denim looks and feels identical to the main line jeans that I own. The selvage id looks identical as well.
post #7440 of 134142/14/12 at 1:13pm
- Naked and famous denim
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 13 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 13 minutes ago
- › The Kent Wang Wedding Photo Contest 15 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 18 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 20 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...