he might have meant New Starndard not New cure. I have had a few NS myself. They are great
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 11:51 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Naked and famous denim - Page 496post #7427 of 134632/13/12 at 6:41pmQuote:
Do you have a link to the example? From what I have been told, Oni doesn't even make their own denim fabric (they contract with an independent mill, like most Japanese denim labels), so I am curious to see how they develop it for other companies.post #7428 of 134632/13/12 at 6:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by johnH123
My pair of WG fits too loose in the waist, but its what I needed to do to accomodate my legs. I don't have massive tree trunks by any means, but I've tried sizing down in denim the legs never stretched enough for my liking. I think I need to accept that the cut just doesn't work for me (rise too low and the leg to waist measurements don't work well for me). But I love the near perfect taper. Might be some WG Deep Indigo up for sale soon.
Anyone know of denim that is somewhat like the WG as far as the taper was concerned, but with a higher rise? I was looking at the 3Sixteen slim tapered but I'm not entirely sure what would work best.
This is exactly what I am going through. I am in the Naked and Famous competition currently and I can't wait for it to end because the fit on my weird guys is uncomfortable. It is just me or does the Weird guy cut only work for a small portion of the population. The waist will fit but the rise and thighs are way to small but the taper is great. I did get a pair of slim guys tapered and they are working pretty good. I am not sure if the WG high will fit better on me or not. I want a higher rise then the WG but not necessarily as high as the WG high ya know.post #7429 of 134632/13/12 at 6:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ecco
Is the upper thigh of the Slim Guy really narrower than the Weird Guy?
Upper thigh is 10.5 in the Slim Guy (which I own and is snug) and 11.25 in the Weird Guy. Does this jibe with people's experiences?
sorry for all the multiple posts here guys......
at any rate, this seems odd to me. I have both a WG in 32 and SG in size 31. The SG fits nice, The WG is too tight in the thighs.....I don't understand these measurementspost #7430 of 134632/13/12 at 7:35pmpost #7431 of 134632/13/12 at 9:06pmpost #7432 of 134632/13/12 at 9:36pmpost #7433 of 134632/13/12 at 11:11pmQuote:
Miring quads. Maybe you should get something thats roomier up top and taper them. Or get a larger size and get the waist hemmed.post #7434 of 134632/13/12 at 11:17pmpost #7435 of 134632/13/12 at 11:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
I'm not really familiar with Big John's dyes, but I do own the N&F Big John collab as well as the raw selvage Big Johns that Barneys had this past season, and I will say that the denim is definitely different on the two jeans. Not sure which one is considered the main line denim, but the non-collab Big Johns had heavier and slubbier denim than the N&F collabs.
Well other than that and the rare line, none of the jeans offered from Big John are >14.5 oz.
Since that was the case I thought those were what the collab was based off of. Close enough when seen on pic, no?
For 10000 jpy, I might just grab a pair when I go to Japan this summer.
EDIT: OH SHIT just realized that Overseas version & Domestic version were different. I think this is THE denim used on the collab.
Here is the description (via google translation): "14,5 oz denim look attractive with a solid Japan JAPAN HERITAGE Heritage. Darker color by using the number 100, which is the initial ogle "KD-8" first of domestic denim, use a cotton tea to base further, that express the ogle, such as dead stock."
I guess the ones at the Atelier and Tenue De Nimes are more of Rare Line.post #7436 of 134632/14/12 at 6:04am
I don't see where you would lose inches in the rise from hemming the waist.....
Edit: are there usually end of spring/beginning of summer sales? And if so how much does it discount?
Edited by TooAwesome - 2/14/12 at 6:30ampost #7437 of 134632/14/12 at 7:48amQuote:
I feel like this may end up being what I end up having to do. Is it easy for tailors to take a few inches out of the waist?post #7438 of 134632/14/12 at 9:29amQuote:
http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=7514&category_id=&manufacturer_id=55&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1post #7439 of 134632/14/12 at 11:33am
I'm looking at a pair of the N&F x Oni's on fleabay, but I'm curious how much they shrink when soaked? I tried a regalar ole' 32 Weird Guy on today and it was far too large for my 33" waist.
Quote:Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
Yes, the Oni collab uses the same denim that Oni uses in their main line. The price of the N&F collab is actually a little bit higher than what Oni's main line jeans retail for in Japan. The main line jeans retail for 21,000 yen, which at current exchange rates, comes out to $270.60. Very similar, but slightly less.
This is correct.
The Momotaro collab uses a different denim from Momo's main line, but the Oni collab uses Oni's main line denim.
I own a few pairs of Onis, and I can tell you that the denim looks and feels identical to the main line jeans that I own. The selvage id looks identical as well.
post #7440 of 134632/14/12 at 1:13pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › 5 Pairs of Lululemon Shorts 2 minutes ago
- › TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): SPRING-SUMMER EDITION 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden LWB Cigar, Oak Street Bookmakers Trail Oxford,... 7 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 25 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 29 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 31 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 32 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on what to wear to a nice restuarant for dinner 33 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 37 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding