or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Naked and famous denim - Page 484

post #7246 of 13341
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_slater View Post

I definitely agree that Naked and Famous is under priced. In my opinion the quality is up there with 3Sixteen and (almost) Momotaro. They are without a doubt more better made than APC, which is laughable considering APC's usually cost more.

I disagree with you on the above post. N&F's construction quality has improved noticeably in the past year, but I think it is still far behind Momotaro and a little bit behind 3sixteen. I would also say that the construction quality is around the level of APC now, where it was actually worse than APC up until the past year IME.

I like that N&F is able to offer exotic denims at affordable prices, but unless they are on sale, I don't find them underpriced, especially the standard models. I think that at retail, they are pretty much priced where they should be at.
post #7247 of 13341
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychiz View Post

so what's the gimmick exactly? you make it sound like the entire line is a gimmick, you've basically covered every special run model they've created in 4 years of releases. they do it because they can and they know their market wants something different than they've been offered in the past but as the user base grows people will find their base model pair isn't so rare so they look to collabs and interesting materials to entice their committed users IE something like deep indigo's which were pretty unique when first released, now have 7-8 seasons of release
brandon is smart as shit, he knows one's going to own 3 pairs of deep indigos, much like APC is always creating seasonal NS and PS on top of their black and indigos

Actually, all of the models he listed were just from the past year, and he didn't even list anywhere near all of the special run models they did in just that time period. In the past 4 years, N&F has done countless more "gimmick" models (stainless steel, kevlar, camo, blanket-lined, flannel textured, citrus weft, red weft, green selvage, big slub, natural indigo, frankenstein, indigo/indigo, elephant, 21 oz., 24 oz., Momotaro collab, Big John collab, Oni collab, nep selvage, tweed selvage, etc., etc.)

Let's face it, the forte of this company is to offer a wide variety of experimental denims at an affordable price.
post #7248 of 13341

My NS still fitting tight after over a month of wear. Doesnt help that I gained 5 pounds. I think it will stretch a bit more. I was able to button all of the buttons when i first got it.

post #7249 of 13341
its really a no big deal with the pricing or in fact anything..

there's no argument at all that Momo, sams, pbj are all superior to naked and famous..

but what commodorewheeler said is on the money..

the reason i fell in love with this brand so quickly is that the amount of different fabrics and fun denim they have and most are very much affordable. and like what Jay, you have to give credit and admire their business philosophy..

ps: within a month, i have already gotten 2 n&f denim icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #7250 of 13341
I was told by someone at Blue Owl that the Left Hand Twill Skinny Guy run was all sized one smaller than actual (and their measurements reflect this). So I called N&F to check on it and Brandon (surprised and impressed that he was taking calls) said they fit the same as all the others. So far all I've been able to try on in person was a 27 in duck canvas, seemed like a pretty good fit, and a 28 in deep indigo, which fit, but wouldn't if there was any stretch.
Can anyone clarify the sizing on the current LHT production sizes? Did anyone have any issues having to size down one more with them?
Edited by tomorrowstars - 2/4/12 at 4:28am
post #7251 of 13341
I gotta say I tried on a few LHT Slim guys but could get no joy because it was sized really strange.
post #7252 of 13341
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomorrowstars View Post

I was told by someone at Blue Owl that the Left Hand Twill Skinny Guy run was all sized one smaller than actual (and their measurements reflect this). So I called N&F to check on it and Brandon (surprised and impressed that he was taking calls) said they fit the same as all the others. So far all I've been able to try on in person was a 27 in duck canvas, seemed like a pretty good fit, and a 28 in deep indigo, which fit, but wouldn't if there was any stretch.
Can anyone clarify the sizing on the current LHT production sizes? Did anyone have any issues having to size down one more with them?


if you know your measurements, email Jay at blue owl and ask him what size would be best. i also got a pair of LHT and ended up having to get a size smaller than the other pair of NF that i have becayse jay mentioned they are smaller than other models. 

post #7253 of 13341
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSafternoon View Post
 Also it seems they use a pretty high gauge thread, so reaching into the back pockets is really scratchy.

 

This is what bothers me most about my N&Fs...it would be so easy to fix, those threads are like knives...

I hate using the back pockets...
 

 

post #7254 of 13341
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingotripod View Post

IMO the slim shirts have a very odd fit. It seems like Brandon designed the fit around his own body rather than a general fit for the masses. Usually for most brands I can get a really good fit varying around small but for the NF slim shirts in a small the shoulders are ridiculously tight while the body is normal. The medium also had an awkward fit.

yes, I agree, because I really wanted to get the navajo shirt but the forearms are fucking tiny
383
post #7255 of 13341
Quote:
Originally Posted by datniche View Post

lots of crotch blowouts I've heard..lower quality denim..a little too "trendy" but in a bad way.. Just not a fan and I think most would agree there's better for the price

 In the N&F range ish there is APC and 3sixteen

love that. I have a pair of nudies from 04 that have never given me problems.
post #7256 of 13341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-D View Post

You do realize Nudie is imported and made in Italy, right? It is not overpriced for the USA market. Those other brands are domestic and you are not paying the same duties/shipping costs that are billed into the product on those items. Momotaro can be a bit different because they are the denim mill, label, desiger, and producer so they can achieve a better price overall than pretty much any other label.
As for N&F, they are creative and it is great to see a brand try to do something different. If you want a normal indigo denim, there are plenty of options out there, but for me personally, I want to wear the N&F denims that are different.

I agree here, i wasn't sold on the N&F when they first started up. Since I got my indigoxindigo's I'm really impressed. People talk about gimmicks, I don't view it differently than sugarcane doing mud dyes, persimmion dyes, giant oni slub, or brandXbrandXbrandXbrand super LIMITED EDITION jeans. People complain about the gimmick of 32oz, but look at iron hearts, people want 21+oz.
people take too much time thinking about silly things, pretending this brand is better than that brand. buy what you want and just get what you want.

i really like this video because it shows how much fun he's having doing this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhNKjJ_-ywE
post #7257 of 13341
Quote:
Originally Posted by poly800rock View Post

yes, I agree, because I really wanted to get the navajo shirt but the forearms are fucking tiny
383
My only problem with the fit on shirts is the sleeves being too short. Other than that I really like the fit a lot.
post #7258 of 13341
I have a 32-33" waist and 23-24" thighs, do you guys think a size 31 Weird Guy would be good? Or should I go for a 32? I want a pretty slim, but not super tight, fit.
post #7259 of 13341

^I'd recommend the 32, if not a 33.  A 31 will likely be too tight in the thighs for you.  

 

I'm stuck inbetween sizes, at about a 33.5" waist, with 23" thighs and the WG works for me in sz 33 in most of their fabrics.

post #7260 of 13341
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMFanatic View Post

I have a 32-33" waist and 23-24" thighs, do you guys think a size 31 Weird Guy would be good? Or should I go for a 32? I want a pretty slim, but not super tight, fit.

Let me ask you a question, since this always comes up, have you bothered to look at measurements?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim