Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 1:09 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Naked and famous denim - Page 398
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5957 of 1341410/16/11 at 3:10pmpost #5958 of 1341410/16/11 at 4:47pmQuote:
Popped into leo boutique today actually, the staff are rude as shit and try to push sales on more expensive items that I have zero interest in all the time! IMO F that shop, but their selection is very small & I was told that there is a "waitlist" for items to come in in certain sizes...obviously if that many people want a certain size they're going to bring a heck of a lot more in or they'll be missing out on a lot of money. I'm sticking to BlueOwl online, Boutique Tozzi(mtl), Les Etoffes (mtl), Rooney Shop(mtl) and Fourhorsemen online.
sorry to answer your question no, not many items. 1 glow in the dark, 2 blanket lined, few nep denim,few LHT,tweed fill (larger sizes left only, duck canvas pants, slim shirt (red & blue), reg. shirt in red, workshirt blanket lined and terry hoody in charc.post #5959 of 1341410/16/11 at 5:36pmpost #5960 of 1341410/16/11 at 7:44pmpost #5961 of 1341410/16/11 at 8:20pmpost #5962 of 1341410/16/11 at 8:42pmQuote:
Collabs are way nicer from what I've seen. But there is a decent price difference so you do get what you pay for.post #5963 of 1341410/16/11 at 9:25pmpost #5964 of 1341410/16/11 at 9:25pmEvery collab I've seen is just leagues above the usual N&F. Price difference is obvious.post #5965 of 1341410/17/11 at 12:51ampost #5966 of 1341410/17/11 at 12:53ampost #5967 of 1341410/17/11 at 3:10amQuote:
you gotta get the collabs on sale. . . they are more expensive since they are made outside of canada -- therefore, the import tax is imposed on them, since they are a manufactured item outside of the country, whereas the others have only the denim itself imported and are assembeled in canada. brandon talks about it in one of his interviews.post #5968 of 1341410/17/11 at 10:10amQuote:Originally Posted by highway
you gotta get the collabs on sale. . . they are more expensive since they are made outside of canada -- therefore, the import tax is imposed on them, since they are a manufactured item outside of the country, whereas the others have only the denim itself imported and are assembeled in canada. brandon talks about it in one of his interviews.
I think another part of it is the craftsmanship. Some of the collabs are with some of the better denim companies in Japan.post #5969 of 1341410/17/11 at 10:37am
AFAIK, the Japanese Heritage is still made by N&F themselves in Canada, so the construction quality won't be as good as the collabs that are actually made in Japan by the Japanese denim companies.Quote:
This is definitely true. Also, the Japanese collabs have other details that regular N&F jeans don't, such as hidden back pocket rivets, which cost more to make.post #5970 of 1341410/17/11 at 11:40amQuote:Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
AFAIK, the Japanese Heritage is still made by N&F themselves in Canada, so the construction quality won't be as good as the collabs that are actually made in Japan by the Japanese denim companies.
This is definitely true. Also, the Japanese collabs have other details that regular N&F jeans don't, such as hidden back pocket rivets, which cost more to make.
you really think that 4 rivets cost $100?
- Naked and famous denim
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › *** The 2015 / 2016 Wolf vs. Goat Denim Contest - join by 5/31! *** 21 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...