Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 3:54 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Naked and famous denim - Page 398
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5957 of 1341310/16/11 at 3:10pmpost #5958 of 1341310/16/11 at 4:47pmQuote:
Popped into leo boutique today actually, the staff are rude as shit and try to push sales on more expensive items that I have zero interest in all the time! IMO F that shop, but their selection is very small & I was told that there is a "waitlist" for items to come in in certain sizes...obviously if that many people want a certain size they're going to bring a heck of a lot more in or they'll be missing out on a lot of money. I'm sticking to BlueOwl online, Boutique Tozzi(mtl), Les Etoffes (mtl), Rooney Shop(mtl) and Fourhorsemen online.
sorry to answer your question no, not many items. 1 glow in the dark, 2 blanket lined, few nep denim,few LHT,tweed fill (larger sizes left only, duck canvas pants, slim shirt (red & blue), reg. shirt in red, workshirt blanket lined and terry hoody in charc.post #5959 of 1341310/16/11 at 5:36pmpost #5960 of 1341310/16/11 at 7:44pmpost #5961 of 1341310/16/11 at 8:20pmpost #5962 of 1341310/16/11 at 8:42pmQuote:
Collabs are way nicer from what I've seen. But there is a decent price difference so you do get what you pay for.post #5963 of 1341310/16/11 at 9:25pmpost #5964 of 1341310/16/11 at 9:25pmEvery collab I've seen is just leagues above the usual N&F. Price difference is obvious.post #5965 of 1341310/17/11 at 12:51ampost #5966 of 1341310/17/11 at 12:53ampost #5967 of 1341310/17/11 at 3:10amQuote:
you gotta get the collabs on sale. . . they are more expensive since they are made outside of canada -- therefore, the import tax is imposed on them, since they are a manufactured item outside of the country, whereas the others have only the denim itself imported and are assembeled in canada. brandon talks about it in one of his interviews.post #5968 of 1341310/17/11 at 10:10amQuote:Originally Posted by highway
you gotta get the collabs on sale. . . they are more expensive since they are made outside of canada -- therefore, the import tax is imposed on them, since they are a manufactured item outside of the country, whereas the others have only the denim itself imported and are assembeled in canada. brandon talks about it in one of his interviews.
I think another part of it is the craftsmanship. Some of the collabs are with some of the better denim companies in Japan.post #5969 of 1341310/17/11 at 10:37am
AFAIK, the Japanese Heritage is still made by N&F themselves in Canada, so the construction quality won't be as good as the collabs that are actually made in Japan by the Japanese denim companies.Quote:
This is definitely true. Also, the Japanese collabs have other details that regular N&F jeans don't, such as hidden back pocket rivets, which cost more to make.post #5970 of 1341310/17/11 at 11:40amQuote:Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
AFAIK, the Japanese Heritage is still made by N&F themselves in Canada, so the construction quality won't be as good as the collabs that are actually made in Japan by the Japanese denim companies.
This is definitely true. Also, the Japanese collabs have other details that regular N&F jeans don't, such as hidden back pocket rivets, which cost more to make.
you really think that 4 rivets cost $100?
- Naked and famous denim
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 26 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 28 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 35 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 4 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 4 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...