or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Naked and famous denim - Page 342

post #5116 of 13341

Not the best way to introduce myself to SF, but I'm selling a once-soaked, unworn pair of Japan Heritages in Weird Guy, size 31, on my sale thread over on sufu.  Yes a shameless plug, but I love the denim and need the money to pick up a correctly sized pair.  many thanks

 

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?p=2791376#post2791376
 

post #5117 of 13341
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post


I have the same problem but I think mine is because I ordered them too big, have you considered that being a possibility?

Yes, if the jeans are too big to start with, then the waist being loose will be an even bigger problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erenoth View Post

Can anyone who owns a pair of N&F x Big John's give any info about the sizing? From what I've read/noticed, WG's are usually 1.5-2" larger in the waist than tagged, and I don't have access to a Barneys to try them on before purchasing (assuming they'll even have any in stock to begin with). If it helps, I'm 32 around where my jeans sit.

edit1: Also, details on the indigo depth of the jeans would be much appreciated, as well. In some photos, they're far too "blue" for my taste, and in others they're at a near-perfect amount of darkness. Ugh.

I sized down 2 from my true waist measurement on mine. For you, I would probably go with a size 30.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post

Would totally enter that contest if i could get a pair in canada

AFAIK, Barney's does ship to Canada.
post #5118 of 13341
hmmmmmmmm elephant 2 or japan heritage?
can't decide
post #5119 of 13341
lol, isn't Elephant 2 "guaranteed discomfort"?
post #5120 of 13341
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip13a View Post

hmmmmmmmm elephant 2 or japan heritage?
can't decide

Jap Heritage, just because... no really, the denim in this pair is absolutely amazing. I think it's more unique than the E2's will be. But then again I don't think you can go wrong with either one of them.
post #5121 of 13341
i just ordered a pair of 33 from tobi, cant wait til they get here. definitely look nice. And i wasnt able to find them anywhere else. I think they are an older model but you could email naked and famous and tell them what city your in and brandon always will tell you where everything is at. They are really good at replying quickly too, an admirable trait in such a fast growing company now a days.

was replying to the post question a few pages back on the weird guy organic indigos, forgot to quote.
Edited by jcashen87 - 8/1/11 at 1:23pm
post #5122 of 13341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj5h1fT View Post

Did anyone pick up the Left Twill? Those look pretty interesting.

I just ordered the left hand twill from blue owl, thrilled they do chain stitching im sort of new to raw denim and have gotten 7 other pairs of naked and famous recently and i have to take em to self edge in san francisco which is luckily an hour away, but having the chain stitch done then shipped for free, cant beat it. Ill post detailed pics when i get them, they look like deep indigos a little bit in the pics, and have the orange-ish stitching like deep indigos. they have alost all sizes 28-34 at blue owl besides 33 which is what i got.
post #5123 of 13341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erenoth View Post

Can anyone who owns a pair of N&F x Big John's give any info about the sizing? From what I've read/noticed, WG's are usually 1.5-2" larger in the waist than tagged, and I don't have access to a Barneys to try them on before purchasing (assuming they'll even have any in stock to begin with). If it helps, I'm 32 around where my jeans sit.

edit1: Also, details on the indigo depth of the jeans would be much appreciated, as well. In some photos, they're far too "blue" for my taste, and in others they're at a near-perfect amount of darkness. Ugh.


No flash, just natural light:

 

http://imgur.com/a/IC4gu#pa91l

 

http://imageshack.us/g/813/imag0227medium.jpg/

 

I was kinda unsure when I bought these, but am very glad I did.  They fit great, look great, and are made very very well. I highly recommend these to anyone looking for just a solid pair of jeans.

 

ALSO: For sizing, my true waist is like a 36, and I wear a 34 in the WG.  They fit perfectly like that, so for you, I would def get a 30.  It will be a perfect fit.

 

post #5124 of 13341
i sized down 2 on my N&FxBig John's
post #5125 of 13341
Sized down 2 as per recommendations, eagerly awaiting a delivery from the FedEx guy today.
post #5126 of 13341
I picked up a pair of the Indigo Indigo Slub's from Barney's for the contest. They seem to run a bit small, so I had to go TTS. These fuckers are STIFF. Debating on whether or not to give them an initial soak. I know they're not going to shrink much, I mean to speed up the fading process. Any insights?
post #5127 of 13341
Stiff is good for fades.

Don't soak if you want better contrast.
post #5128 of 13341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

Stiff is good for fades.

Don't soak if you want better contrast.

Thanks
post #5129 of 13341
Got my N&FxBJs, wore em around as much as I could with a lovely thunderstorm ruining all outdoor plans for the day. I sized down quite a bit, and to be honest, can only button the bottom-most bottom for the time being. I think the fit overall is spot on, minus my waist/hip area that I'm having trouble squeezing into. Apparently this is pretty normal, as they aren't excessively tight anywhere else. Here's to hoping a few nights of uncomfortable sleep will stretch them out enough to fully button the fly. Here's some -rather awful- fit pics I took. Disregard the filthy mirror.

Notes: I don't plan on washing these for as long as I can possibly stand. This is probably going to be around the 8 month mark, as I'm sure they'll be a helluva lot comfier during the cooler months then they have been lately. Quick question, as well- are they any methods to get perfect looking stacks, or is stacking just a by-product of breaking in the jeans, and letting creases fall on their own? Am I over-analyzing? Pics:

P.S. - I'll try to get better photos up when I'm home.

img0033uv.jpg
img0034gtf.jpg
post #5130 of 13341
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erenoth View Post

Got my N&FxBJs, wore em around as much as I could with a lovely thunderstorm ruining all outdoor plans for the day. I sized down quite a bit, and to be honest, can only button the bottom-most bottom for the time being. I think the fit overall is spot on, minus my waist/hip area that I'm having trouble squeezing into. Apparently this is pretty normal, as they aren't excessively tight anywhere else. Here's to hoping a few nights of uncomfortable sleep will stretch them out enough to fully button the fly. Here's some -rather awful- fit pics I took. Disregard the filthy mirror.

Notes: I don't plan on washing these for as long as I can possibly stand. This is probably going to be around the 8 month mark, as I'm sure they'll be a helluva lot comfier during the cooler months then they have been lately. Quick question, as well- are they any methods to get perfect looking stacks, or is stacking just a by-product of breaking in the jeans, and letting creases fall on their own? Am I over-analyzing? Pics:

P.S. - I'll try to get better photos up when I'm home.

 

That's pretty nuts that you can't button them up all of the way, or close to it. . . I kinda feel like they would be too small, but if the legs fit, what can you do?  They are pretty soft too, so stretching shouldn't be that big of a deal.  They might end up being a perfect fit.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim