or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Naked and famous denim - Page 24

post #346 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by quevola View Post
Barneys has them at a good price no?

http://www.barneys.com/Clothes/SALEM...Famous%20Denim

i picked up the lightweight weird guys from mauro and the green from barneys...

the lightweight is actually a really interesting jean. i was on the fence about it because i didn't need anymore indigo, but they're really light and soft.

and, the green weird guys i picked up in size 31 (two down from normal size) stretched out (they were tight last week). I think they're about the perfect fit now, and if you're willing to break them in at home for a week, i'd say size down two.

Again, though, the sizing seems inconsistent--the lightweight weird guys measured an inch wider at the waist than the green weird guys
post #347 of 13466
tobi.com has em and u can use this 30% coupon code
post #348 of 13466
Weird guy vintage blue 5 months, 2 washes. They've faded a bit but the contrast isn't as high as with darker denim so it's harder to see.
post #349 of 13466
Finally bought a pair of weird guys, sz. 31. They're a bit tight in some areas and a bit loose in the waist, but I think they'll stretch out and fit pretty good. Opinions?



post #350 of 13466
yeah i need to know how the stretching is on these. i ordered a pair of N&F weird guys in grey selvage in size 28 ... i wear a 26 in APC NS so i hope this is correct!
post #351 of 13466
The weird guys posted above do not look very good. Not sure if it`s a sizing thing, or if the cut just does not work for you, but you`ve got a ton of hip flair going on and the whole thing looks kind of sloppy. The waist will stretch at least a size so if they are already loose you could be in trouble. I would exchange them for a different size, or maybe even give the Slim Guy a shot.

With all the different materials Naked and Famous uses the stretching can be all over the place, but as a general rule of thumb i size down one in the Weird Guy. Depending on the look you want i can definitely see how some people are going down 2 sizes, but it`s not necessarily something i would recommend. These do not stretch as much as APC`s in my experience.
post #352 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
Opinions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy_4HM View Post
The weird guys posted above do not look very good. Not sure if it`s a sizing thing, or if the cut just does not work for you, but you`ve got a ton of hip flair going on and the whole thing looks kind of sloppy. The waist will stretch at least a size so if they are already loose you could be in trouble. I would exchange them for a different size, or maybe even give the Slim Guy a shot.
The fit does look a little odd, but it isn't terrible. I don't see the hip flare mentioned above, but the fit through the thighs looks tight. Right now it's accentuating your thighs and ass, making you look bottom heavy. It's hard to tell without a full body shot, but your upper body looks proportionately slim. If the waist is already a little loose, I can't imagine sizing up one. I agree that the Weird Guy cut, and tapered cuts in general, are not for everyone - guys with larger thighs, in particular. Perhaps try a straight leg cut (e.g. the Slim Guy, as mentioned already).
post #353 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterParker View Post
The fit does look a little odd, but it isn't terrible. I don't see the hip flare mentioned above, but the fit through the thighs looks tight. Right now it's accentuating your thighs and ass, making you look bottom heavy. It's hard to tell without a full body shot, but your upper body looks proportionately slim. If the waist is already a little loose, I can't imagine sizing up one. I agree that the Weird Guy cut, and tapered cuts in general, are not for everyone - guys with larger thighs, in particular. Perhaps try a straight leg cut (e.g. the Slim Guy, as mentioned already).
The "Hip Flair" is just because of the cellphone in my pocket. I wanted the slim guys, but nowhere around here has them and I can't see myself ordering them online because jeans rarely fit me the way I think they are going to... Might give some slim guys a try anyway though. Might just return the weird guys and hope I can find a place online that has a good return policy EDIT: Speaking of... Anywhere good to get some slim guys? I PM'd Mauro, and checked Tobi.com, but Tobi.com, as well as BiG, only have black and the 21 oz...
post #354 of 13466
well im a true 28 and thus had 26 apcs ... but n&f doenst make a smaller size than 28. so are you saying that it will be a little big on me on the waist after some stretching???
post #355 of 13466
dyzfunctioned, I think a straight leg jean would look better with your body type. Your thighs look too big to work with more tapered jeans.
post #356 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildo View Post
dyzfunctioned, I think a straight leg jean would look better with your body type. Your thighs look too big to work with more tapered jeans.

I know. I'm returning the weird guys and searching for some slim guys. Thanks!
post #357 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterParker View Post
The fit does look a little odd, but it isn't terrible. I don't see the hip flare mentioned above, but the fit through the thighs looks tight. Right now it's accentuating your thighs and ass, making you look bottom heavy. It's hard to tell without a full body shot, but your upper body looks proportionately slim.

If the waist is already a little loose, I can't imagine sizing up one. I agree that the Weird Guy cut, and tapered cuts in general, are not for everyone - guys with larger thighs, in particular. Perhaps try a straight leg cut (e.g. the Slim Guy, as mentioned already).

I kind of agree... I think the weird guy cut works on guys that have 'medium' thighs (not chicken legs but not huge thighs), as while they don't work on large thighs they also look too loose on guys with real skinny thighs
post #358 of 13466
Seeing as I just realized the store I bought them from doesn't take returns ( ), only store credit... they're now up in the F/S section... Anyone interested, let me know haha.
post #359 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomkoreandude View Post
well im a true 28 and thus had 26 apcs ... but n&f doenst make a smaller size than 28. so are you saying that it will be a little big on me on the waist after some stretching???

FWIW, I have a pair of fully-stretched APC NS in 30 and fully-stretched N&F Weird Guys in 32. The fit is remarkably similar. Overall the N&F fit maybe a half size larger. The major differences are in thigh and the rise; N&F is larger in both.
post #360 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notreknip View Post
FWIW, I have a pair of fully-stretched APC NS in 30 and fully-stretched N&F Weird Guys in 32. The fit is remarkably similar. Overall the N&F fit maybe a half size larger. The major differences are in thigh and the rise; N&F is larger in both.

oh thanks a lot man that helps so much. now im not so worried. im glad they are very similar!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim