or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Naked and famous denim - Page 14

post #196 of 13265
Okay, I may try soaking them. I'll check other threads for advice on whether I should do a hot or cold soak, and for how long.
post #197 of 13265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
Do people really love their denim to be so stiff? I've been wearing the weird guys for about 5 or 6 weeks now and they are finally starting to soften up. Finally. And I can't wait for them to get softer.
I have the Deep Indigo Weird Guys 15oz denim, and personally I love how stiff it is. It does get softer with wear, but it still feels like I'm wearing some sort of light duty armour (perhaps I'm exaggerating). The crispiness of the denim does lend itself to well defined fades (once they actually start fading - these are overdyed and the indigo is very stubborn)
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertorex View Post
you could always soak denim to get some of the stiffness out without fading them too much.
With my Weird Guys, soaking them just made them just as stiff as they were when new. I thought this was pretty awesome and enjoyed breaking them in again. They did soften up again after about a week of wear. There was some indigo loss from the soak and fades are becoming more defined now that some of the excess indigo is gone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
Okay, I may try soaking them. I'll check other threads for advice on whether I should do a hot or cold soak, and for how long.
What model do you have? I can say that the Deep Indigo Weird Guys do shrink a bit, despite the claim that they are sanforized. I gave mine a partial hot soak and they shrunk about an inch in the waist and 1/4" in the thighs. However, I soaked mine to shrink them, not to soften them up. As I mentioned earlier, soaking them only made them stiff again. I think you would need to agitate them in water (i.e. wash them) in order to lose some of the starch and make them softer...
post #198 of 13265
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterParker View Post
What model do you have?...

The model I have is Weird Guy "Indigo Selvedge". How long did you soak for?
post #199 of 13265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
The model I have is Weird Guy "Indigo Selvedge". How long did you soak for?
About 1 hour in steaming hot tap water. Hung to dry over a heat duct. And by partial soak, I mean that I soaked the top block only (see my post a few pages back for details).
post #200 of 13265
^^thanks for that.

I probably won't bother with the soak; the stiffness continues to wear away on its own.

As I posted earlier, I really like the way mine fit...with the exception that the crotch (as some others have pointed out) does seems a bit 'wierd.' These semi-vertical creases form around my business, and i have to wear the front really, really low to make them go away. I don't know, it just doesn't seem right.
post #201 of 13265
I've been looking into the Skinnyguy in Silk and the Weirdguy in Greycast indigo. Can anyone who has owned or handled both give me an idea of their thoughts on it as far as fit, in person color, and impressions (superbrief is fine by me) after wear? Fit pics or any pics in general would great if possible. Thanks!
post #202 of 13265
If you have a problem with the stiffness, soak them for half hour to an hour in cold water to remove some of the starch that is put on the jeans by N&F. They will be stiff when you after you hang dry them from the cotton shrinking a little bit, but that will go away probably the same day you wear them.
post #203 of 13265
What are people's thoughts about hemming weird guy's?

This is my first pair of raw jeans. I normally have a 30" inseam, but since I've gotten these N&F's I've been stacking for the first time, which is a different look for me. The stacks on one leg are higher than the other (i didn't do anything special to ensure this didn't happen). Not particularly bothersome, but I wouldn't rule out getting them hemmed sometime down the road. How would that look with the weird guy cut?
post #204 of 13265
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post
I've been looking into the Skinnyguy in Silk and the Weirdguy in Greycast indigo. Can anyone who has owned or handled both give me an idea of their thoughts on it as far as fit, in person color, and impressions (superbrief is fine by me) after wear? Fit pics or any pics in general would great if possible. Thanks!

i have the skinny guy in silk. i dont wear them to often but they look way good, super comfy, the fit is nice. they're not shinny but they are defenately more flashy than regular indigo.
post #205 of 13265
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapbo View Post
i have the skinny guy in silk. i dont wear them to often but they look way good, super comfy, the fit is nice. they're not shinny but they are defenately more flashy than regular indigo.

Hmm. Interesting. I sent you a pm.
post #206 of 13265
Anyone know where to get the chambray ties and price?
post #207 of 13265
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonio028 View Post
I've been looking into the Skinnyguy in Silk and the Weirdguy in Greycast indigo. Can anyone who has owned or handled both give me an idea of their thoughts on it as far as fit, in person color, and impressions (superbrief is fine by me) after wear? Fit pics or any pics in general would great if possible. Thanks!

the skinny guy silks are very unique, they have a different look and a bit of shine coming off them because of the silk thread, they're durable but not stiff, they're super comfortable, it's like a dress denim i would say

i'm not sure what the wear will be like on them though
post #208 of 13265
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychiz View Post
the skinny guy silks are very unique, they have a different look and a bit of shine coming off them because of the silk thread, they're durable but not stiff, they're super comfortable, it's like a dress denim i would say

i'm not sure what the wear will be like on them though

They sound nice and I found some info. on them in an old Denim Bar thread from over a year ago. How would you recommend sizing them? I heard true to size even though BiG sizing makes them seem bigger than they really are. True?
post #209 of 13265
I'd recommend sizing down 1 or 2. My waist is about 31 and I have a pair of sz29 weird guys that fit well.
post #210 of 13265
Quote:
Originally Posted by phildo View Post
I'd recommend sizing down 1 or 2. My waist is about 31 and I have a pair of sz29 weird guys that fit well.

I was told to go true from Tobi, but thought about going for the 29. I have the same waist as you, but I have athletic (not He-man like though) legs so I was worried sizing down would be too much for my thighs. I'm about 5'8", 150 lbs. Were you in a similar predicament?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim