or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Naked and famous denim - Page 108

post #1606 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by konadog View Post
yeah, their jeans are all raw. HOWEVER, they are not all cardboard stiff. any of them with silk, wool, or cashmere in them start off pretty soft and become very soft quickly.
I see. I'm afraid to make the jump to raw. For one, what if I get them dirty? I can't wash them without waiting months? Also, if I sit on a couch or lay in a bed, will the color bleed into the fabric? Can I get them dry cleaned without having to worry about losing the color or does everyone wait months before washing?
post #1607 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetcity View Post
I see. I'm afraid to make the jump to raw. For one, what if I get them dirty? I can't wash them without waiting months? Also, if I sit on a couch or lay in a bed, will the color bleed into the fabric? Can I get them dry cleaned without having to worry about losing the color or does everyone wait months before washing?

They will bleed in the beginning, but that stops after a while. If they get dirty, just wash them. It's not going to ruin them, and washing a dirty pair of will probably extend the life of the jeans.

Waiting for months to wash the jeans is only to maximize contrast on fades. It is by no means a necessity with raw denim.
post #1608 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasty View Post
Just received my Elephant Skinnies in the mail, and these are fucking awesome. They are SO stiff and thick, they make my old APC's feel like paper. I had a hard time just getting my legs all the way through the end of the jeans. The only problem I have with them are the front pockets are a tad bit small (or at least smaller than my APC's), and since they're so tight, and the denim is so rough, it kind of hurts my hand to get them in there. Not really a big problem though, and once they soften up it should be fine. I'd take some pictures but all I have is a shitty cell phone. For $135, these are pretty fucking amazing and a great deal.

let us know how the stitching and seams hold up.
post #1609 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post
They will bleed in the beginning, but that stops after a while. If they get dirty, just wash them. It's not going to ruin them, and washing a dirty pair of will probably extend the life of the jeans.

Waiting for months to wash the jeans is only to maximize contrast on fades. It is by no means a necessity with raw denim.

Will the colour also bleed onto shoes?
post #1610 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post
Will the colour also bleed onto shoes?

this is the worst part about it.
they will bleed all over your shoes.

buy a magic eraser from mr. clean and be diligent.
post #1611 of 13466
But i've never experienced any bleeding where i sit from raw denim.
post #1612 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post
Will the colour also bleed onto shoes?
I've never had much of that happen to me, but it is a common complaint about raw denim on the forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post
But i've never experienced any bleeding where i sit from raw denim.
I haven't noticed much for me overall, but my wife complains that it happens, so I guess that it does. The amount of bleeding that you get will vary between manufacturers and models. I can tell you that with my current pair, the Eternal BiG contest 811, there is much more indigo bleeding than what I have ever noticed before with raw denim.
post #1613 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphabetcity View Post
Does N&F make jeans that are not raw?

N+F is strictly raw.

But I know that soon they will go the way of the Nudie and APC and start making pre washes :\\
post #1614 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb_32 View Post
N+F is strictly raw.

But I know that soon they will go the way of the Nudie and APC and start making pre washes :\\

hope they never do.

it would probably cost more for them.
post #1615 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingazn View Post
hope they never do.

it would probably cost more for them.

how so
post #1616 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb_32 View Post
how so

labour costs, they have get someone to distress it and stonewash it.
plus they have to buy the equipment and the washers.

actually, they likely won't ever do this.
it'll increase the price too much.

not part of their core philsophy also.
post #1617 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingazn View Post
labour costs, they have get someone to distress it and stonewash it.
plus they have to buy the equipment and the washers.

actually, they likely won't ever do this.
it'll increase the price too much.

not part of their core philsophy also.

youre forgetting that more people buy faded jeans than raw
post #1618 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb_32 View Post
But I know that soon they will go the way of the Nudie and APC and start making pre washes :\\
Do you have inside information telling you this? Because otherwise, it seems really unlikely that they would start doing that with they way they brag about only selling their jeans raw ("No washes, no gimmicks, etc.")
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb_32 View Post
how so
It takes time, labor, and materials to prewash jeans. You can see this in the price difference in any jean that is offered both raw and prewashed, the prewashed version is always significantly more expensive than the raw version.
post #1619 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb_32 View Post
youre forgetting that more people buy faded jeans than raw
That is true, especially with cheaper jeans, but does that apply to higher-end selvage jeans as well?
post #1620 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post
That is true, especially with cheaper jeans, but does that apply to higher-end selvage jeans as well?

people buy prefaded apcs
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim