or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Naked and famous denim - Page 897

post #13441 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoxuantu View Post
 

I wear Levi's 501 size 29, which sizes of N&F slim and wierd guy should i buy ?

 

I'm new around here, but I've always used the "measure the pair you own and compare to the measurements of the pair you want" method.  

 

Like this:  http://blueowl.us/measurement-guide/

 

So if your tagged 29 Levi's actually have a 31" waist for example (after wearing and stretching them), you should look for a corresponding pair of N&F that have approximately a 30" waist, as they will stretch with wear out to a 31" waist. 

post #13442 of 13466

Hey all, need some advice... 

 

I recently received a brand new pair of N&F Super Skinny Guy Left Hand Twill in size 29. The weird thing is these fit almost identical to my ~3 year old pair of Skinny Guy (non-super skinny guy) deep indigos in size 31. My 31s have been washed and dried several times so while they certainly stretched out from new, they may also have shrunk back down some. I'm just confused because of how similar the fit is on a size 29 super skinny and an older/worn size 31 skinny. Should I return the 29s and size down an additional size or two in anticipation that the 29 left hand twills will also stretch out quite a bit? 

 

Thanks

post #13443 of 13466

recent purchase, elephant 4 weird guy

post #13444 of 13466

Recently bought a pair of weird guy in left hand twill .. i need to get them hemmed as they are a 35 length i believe .. should i wash them first to see if the length shrinks first or no?

post #13445 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by joxr View Post
 

Recently bought a pair of weird guy in left hand twill .. i need to get them hemmed as they are a 35 length i believe .. should i wash them first to see if the length shrinks first or no?

 

They will shrink, both in the waist and in length, and that holds true whether you just rinse them in cold water and air dry or dry them in the dryer (the latter will just be more drastic). If you hang the pants by the cuff when you air dry, it would shrink less, but if you plan on hemming and ever washing, you should take that into consideration. Either leave them an inch or so long to enjoy the nice raw denim look for a bit... or wash first. 

post #13446 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post
 

 

They will shrink, both in the waist and in length, and that holds true whether you just rinse them in cold water and air dry or dry them in the dryer (the latter will just be more drastic). If you hang the pants by the cuff when you air dry, it would shrink less, but if you plan on hemming and ever washing, you should take that into consideration. Either leave them an inch or so long to enjoy the nice raw denim look for a bit... or wash first. 


Alright thanks. I will wash them and then get them hemmed.

post #13447 of 13466

I want to buy deep indigo Superskinnies, but don't know how much they stretch in tights and waist. Because measuring with waist of my APC Petit Standard size 28 should be right in the waist after stretch, but not sure about tights and knees (wear 28 in APC PS).

post #13448 of 13466
I have a pair of the Stretch cords in the skinny guy cut size 33 that fit just about perfect. Any insight on what would be the right size for raw demin superskinny guys? Would a 33 end up being too big after stretching?
post #13449 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post

I have a pair of the Stretch cords in the skinny guy cut size 33 that fit just about perfect. Any insight on what would be the right size for raw demin superskinny guys? Would a 33 end up being too big after stretching?

I'd probably go with the same size and let them stretch... but really, you should look at Blue Owl's website. They break down the average measurements on each pair.

post #13450 of 13466

This is probably a dumb question but is the new Sky Blue Powder jean raw selvedge?

post #13451 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post

I'd probably go with the same size and let them stretch... but really, you should look at Blue Owl's website. They break down the average measurements on each pair.

Thanks that's helpful.

So I found the pants i have and according to the site the waist is 33.75". If I get a pair whose waist is 32", would they likely stretch to that length?
post #13452 of 13466
Quote:
Originally Posted by munchausen View Post


Thanks that's helpful.

So I found the pants i have and according to the site the waist is 33.75". If I get a pair whose waist is 32", would they likely stretch to that length?


Very unlikely that you will gain nearly 2" in the waist. I would rather take a 33" pair if I were you.

post #13453 of 13466
Just got the super skinnies in the mail. For anyone who's wondering, you def want to go for a larger size on these. For reference, I wear a 32 in Levi's 513 and in Weird Guys, and a 31 in APC New Standard. I bought a 31 and a 33 just to see what size would work. The 31 I couldnt even get over my hips. The 33s are tight but I'm pretty sure they will stretch to fit. I probably could have worn a 34 though.
post #13454 of 13466

I bought the Elephant 5 jacket but find the sleeves 1-2" too long unbuttoned.  Is it easy to get them altered and shortened by a tailor?  Can any competent tailor handle this job or I need to find a denim specialist to do it?  Is the jacket going to shrink at all and the extra sleeve length will take care of itself if I give it a good soak?  Thanks!

post #13455 of 13466
I ordered my first pair of N&F. They are the skinny 12oz deep Indigo stretch selvedge in size 32. I went to Nordstrom yesterday in the mall of America and tried on a few pair (they only had like 4-5 different styles). Very excited to get these. I ordered from Tate & Yoko so hopefully they don't take too long to get here since they are being shipped from Canada. Does anyone have these or know how much they will shrink if/when I wash them? Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim