or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Naked and famous denim - Page 866

post #12976 of 13357
Amazon has N&F 20% off with code DENIM2I4.
post #12977 of 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan138zig View Post

Does anyone have any experience with the white/black or arctic model? I'm looking for light grey jeans and I wonder if they're good.

I would go with the white/black Selvedge if I were you for a truly unique fading.

They do plain grey and a Heather Grey which is darker, but the one you're re referring to is a gorgeous jean, one I'd buy myself if it came in Leggy Girl - I've already emailed Brandon and sadly they don't.

Kop them before it's too late!smile.gif
post #12978 of 13357
Have you seen them in person, especially worn by somebody?

I'm torn between the weird and skinny. My perfect thigh width seems to be 10" yet the skinny guys that fit my waist has 9.75" thigh while the weird guys have 11.xx.
post #12979 of 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan138zig View Post

Have you seen them in person, especially worn by somebody?

I'm torn between the weird and skinny. My perfect thigh width seems to be 10" yet the skinny guys that fit my waist has 9.75" thigh while the weird guys have 11.xx.

I haven't seen them faded, but would kill to own a pair!

As for the fit, Wierd Guy would be a more comfortable fit if they shrank - my own experience with N and F is that they stretch out, so you Might just get away with the skinny guys, depending how tight you want them to look..

Why don't you email Brandon or Tate and Yoko for better informed advice?smile.gif
post #12980 of 13357
Thanks. Never thought I would follow your advice, hirsh. Lol. Please check out my photo tribute for you in the challenge thread. You can even vote for it in the poll thread!
post #12981 of 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan138zig View Post

Thanks. Never thought I would follow your advice, hirsh. Lol. Please check out my photo tribute for you in the challenge thread. You can even vote for it in the poll thread!

I'm truly honoured - thanks a lot!smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
post #12982 of 13357
I just noticed that the weird guys thigh measurements are bigger than other brands' tapered jeans. so I was wondering do they look like carrot fit or something?

My true waist is 31" so I'm aiming at weird size 29 or skinny size 29 also (I can't choose skinny 30 because I prefer 7" opening or lower). FYI the best fit for me are jeans that have 10"-ish thigh. Now the weird guys 29 have 11.35" thigh and the skinnys 29 have 9.75". So I'm confused here, I'm afraid the weird guys would be flarey on my thighs while the skinnys would be too tight on them. My true thigh measurement is 19.5". Could you please advise? Thanks!
Edited by dan138zig - 3/10/14 at 12:43am
post #12983 of 13357

Looking for some fit/size advice on N&F, hoping someone can help.

 

I am looking for another pair of raw selvedge denim in a slim/tapered fit, and would prefer 100% cotton to stretch. I am currently wearing APC PS in a 28 which I am quite happy with and fit pretty well, but could almost size down 1 more or go slightly slimmer. Looking at measurements on Tate + Yoko and the Supper Skinny Guy in a 28 seems quite similar in dimensions.

 

Can anyone recommend which N&F fit and size would be best. Thanks

post #12984 of 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3v2 View Post

Looking for some fit/size advice on N&F, hoping someone can help.

I am looking for another pair of raw selvedge denim in a slim/tapered fit, and would prefer 100% cotton to stretch. I am currently wearing APC PS in a 28 which I am quite happy with and fit pretty well, but could almost size down 1 more or go slightly slimmer. Looking at measurements on Tate + Yoko and the Supper Skinny Guy in a 28 seems quite similar in dimensions.

Can anyone recommend which N&F fit and size would be best. Thanks

Depending how tight you want them, I would either go for skinny guy or for a Very tight fit super skinny guy in size 28"

They do stretch out, but they shrink when washed as they're raw, so I wouldn't size down or you won't get into them again!

Hope this helps:)
post #12985 of 13357
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

Hope this helps:)


Thanks Hirsh, might take advantage of Amazon's current coupon and try out a pair!
post #12986 of 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu3v2 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post

Hope this helps:)


Thanks Hirsh, might take advantage of Amazon's current coupon and try out a pair!

Go for it, I'd give Anything for a pair of the Arctic Selvedge in Leggy Girl, but Brandon won't take custom orders and he doesn't have a sample size girls pair unfortunately!

Can't wait for you to post pics, and watch them evolve...biggrin.gif
post #12987 of 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan138zig View Post

I just noticed that the weird guys thigh measurements are bigger than other brands' tapered jeans. so I was wondering do they look like carrot fit or something?

My true waist is 31" so I'm aiming at weird size 29 or skinny size 29 also (I can't choose skinny 30 because I prefer 7" opening or lower). FYI the best fit for me are jeans that have 10"-ish thigh. Now the weird guys 29 have 11.35" thigh and the skinnys 29 have 9.75". So I'm confused here, I'm afraid the weird guys would be flarey on my thighs while the skinnys would be too tight on them. My true thigh measurement is 19.5". Could you please advise? Thanks!

Weird Guys aren't flared at all, they're very flattering, and sound like the best fit for you!

Go for it!

N and F are great fun jeans, the most inexpensive and fun raw jeans on the market, and the denim is all Japanese!

I've got 3 pairs, all from 2013, and can't wait to end my jeans ban (self imposed as I'm spending a fortune on a custom Kurabo pair with all of the trimmings, fitting in a fortnight, that takes up the rest of my annual denim budget, even with my boyfriends contribution), so that I can buy more N and F - unless I get more for Xmas from my parents like last year...smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
post #12988 of 13357
How much did you spend on the kurabo?
post #12989 of 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan138zig View Post

How much did you spend on the kurabo?

Too much -££££ (hand tailored by a Savile Roe tailor, with black alligator patch, custom pocketing and a solid silver button fly.

So far only 50% paid-balance due on completion, but I got a pair of 21oz Kurabo made there in July 2012, which are my oldest jeans, and will last for years!smile.gif
post #12990 of 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirsh View Post


Depending how tight you want them, I would either go for skinny guy or for a Very tight fit super skinny guy in size 28"

They do stretch out, but they shrink when washed as they're raw, so I wouldn't size down or you won't get into them again!

Hope this helps:)

 

I am after them a little tighter than my current Petit Standards, so would you say that the Skinny Guy is about the same fit-wise as the PS and Super Skinny is skinnier or are both fits slimmer than the APC's?

 

I am familiar with the stretch/shrink with raw denim coming from a pair of APC, though I hear it isn't as extreme with the N&F which is one of the reasons I am keen to give them a try

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim