What? I don't think that's accurate, at least for other previous models. My old Oni weird guys did not have the selv coin pocket id. Neither did my Elephant 2's. I thought that was a detail only found on the Skinny guy, maybe the slim guy. I am asking about this particular model, since all the pictures I've seen of these are stock or dudes wearing the SkG of SSG.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Yesterday at 11:43 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Naked and famous denim - Page 852
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12767 of 1343412/9/13 at 8:12pmpost #12768 of 1343412/9/13 at 8:13pmpost #12769 of 1343412/10/13 at 5:04ampost #12770 of 1343412/10/13 at 12:56pmpost #12771 of 1343412/10/13 at 1:57pmpost #12772 of 1343412/10/13 at 3:07pmQuote:
Normally, the WG's feature hidden selvage on the coinpocket. SG has visible selvage. Might be that there are a few exceptions, but in general this is the case.
Don't know about the other fits though, since N&F mostly release their jeans in either WG or SG cut.post #12773 of 1343412/11/13 at 4:59amQuote:
Hey thank you i really appreciate the info and will take your comments to help me decide on my purchasepost #12774 of 1343412/12/13 at 1:21ampost #12775 of 1343412/12/13 at 2:49ampost #12776 of 1343412/12/13 at 10:02ampost #12777 of 1343412/15/13 at 3:54pmWill N&F ever bring back their gray selvedge in a Super Skinny fit?
I don't know why it's so hard to find gray selvedge, but these are the best I could find in terms of the shade of gray and price (unfortunately I'm too skinny for WG).post #12778 of 1343412/19/13 at 5:52pmI know the whole "sizing" question has been done to death, but I'm a bit confused about the "Weird Guy" fit. I've read time and time again that it's a low rise jean (which I assume means that it sits lower on ones waist).
However I went to look on the Blueowl site for their measurements, and found that even the 28s had a rise of 9.85", that's higher than my size 30 Nudies (Grim Tims) and I'd refinitely consider them a higher rise than most of my jeans.
I guess what my question is, from experience do the Weird Guys sit on your waist, or a bit above them? For me it would be the difference between getting a size 28 or 29. Also would you say they will stretch out at least or at most an inch at the waist?
I wish there was a store where I live that stocked these so I could try them on!post #12779 of 1343412/20/13 at 3:33pm
Alright so since the colder weather has been rolling in I've been attempting to break in my WG Elephant 3's for the past 2 months or so, however this pair of denim seems to have a little bit more stretch in them than various other NF Weird Guys. And by stretch I mean the fabric has some more give in them, allowing them to better retain their original size rather than stretching out a bit after wear. This is a bit of a problem for me as I have fairly big thighs and I stuck with a size that was tight at first hoping they would stretch out and fit well like my other NF denims have done, however this isn't the case for the Ele 3's and I just can't seem to get the upper thigh & crotch region to stretch out to a more comfortable level. Does anyone have any stretching techniques I could use to loosen just this area of the denim without warping the overall look of the denim?
In summary, if you don't want to read all that; I need to stretch out the crotch and upper thigh area next to the crotch without screwing up the denim. Any ideas?
- Naked and famous denim
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 5 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 13 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 15 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 16 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 17 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 20 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 27 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...