What? I don't think that's accurate, at least for other previous models. My old Oni weird guys did not have the selv coin pocket id. Neither did my Elephant 2's. I thought that was a detail only found on the Skinny guy, maybe the slim guy. I am asking about this particular model, since all the pictures I've seen of these are stock or dudes wearing the SkG of SSG.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Yesterday at 11:08 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Naked and famous denim - Page 852post #12767 of 1347612/9/13 at 8:12pmpost #12768 of 1347612/9/13 at 8:13pmpost #12769 of 1347612/10/13 at 5:04ampost #12770 of 1347612/10/13 at 12:56pmpost #12771 of 1347612/10/13 at 1:57pmpost #12772 of 1347612/10/13 at 3:07pmQuote:
Normally, the WG's feature hidden selvage on the coinpocket. SG has visible selvage. Might be that there are a few exceptions, but in general this is the case.
Don't know about the other fits though, since N&F mostly release their jeans in either WG or SG cut.post #12773 of 1347612/11/13 at 4:59amQuote:
Hey thank you i really appreciate the info and will take your comments to help me decide on my purchasepost #12774 of 1347612/12/13 at 1:21ampost #12775 of 1347612/12/13 at 2:49ampost #12776 of 1347612/12/13 at 10:02ampost #12777 of 1347612/15/13 at 3:54pmWill N&F ever bring back their gray selvedge in a Super Skinny fit?
I don't know why it's so hard to find gray selvedge, but these are the best I could find in terms of the shade of gray and price (unfortunately I'm too skinny for WG).post #12778 of 1347612/19/13 at 5:52pmI know the whole "sizing" question has been done to death, but I'm a bit confused about the "Weird Guy" fit. I've read time and time again that it's a low rise jean (which I assume means that it sits lower on ones waist).
However I went to look on the Blueowl site for their measurements, and found that even the 28s had a rise of 9.85", that's higher than my size 30 Nudies (Grim Tims) and I'd refinitely consider them a higher rise than most of my jeans.
I guess what my question is, from experience do the Weird Guys sit on your waist, or a bit above them? For me it would be the difference between getting a size 28 or 29. Also would you say they will stretch out at least or at most an inch at the waist?
I wish there was a store where I live that stocked these so I could try them on!post #12779 of 1347612/20/13 at 3:33pm
Alright so since the colder weather has been rolling in I've been attempting to break in my WG Elephant 3's for the past 2 months or so, however this pair of denim seems to have a little bit more stretch in them than various other NF Weird Guys. And by stretch I mean the fabric has some more give in them, allowing them to better retain their original size rather than stretching out a bit after wear. This is a bit of a problem for me as I have fairly big thighs and I stuck with a size that was tight at first hoping they would stretch out and fit well like my other NF denims have done, however this isn't the case for the Ele 3's and I just can't seem to get the upper thigh & crotch region to stretch out to a more comfortable level. Does anyone have any stretching techniques I could use to loosen just this area of the denim without warping the overall look of the denim?
In summary, if you don't want to read all that; I need to stretch out the crotch and upper thigh area next to the crotch without screwing up the denim. Any ideas?post #12780 of 1347612/20/13 at 5:25pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 43 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 7 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 10 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 13 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Long Wallet For Men? 15 minutes ago
- › Wedding in September - Mostly know what I want 20 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 27 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...