Generally unless they also have a black weft, they will fade out to a grey/white. (Basically if even if it's a super dark jean with a really black warp, when you wear down those fibers if there is a white weft below, it's gonna show).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 12:29 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Naked and famous denim - Page 845post #12661 of 1347511/10/13 at 8:36pmpost #12662 of 1347511/10/13 at 9:33pmQuote:
Thanks, flat spotting!
I think I'm safer with indigo jeans!!post #12663 of 1347511/10/13 at 10:44pm
This is always an option:
I've thought about it myself, but just have way too much denim!post #12664 of 1347511/10/13 at 10:55pmQuote:
Thanks for the information! I guess I'll go with something different for black denim, perhaps something that is priced lower. I'll certainly go with Naked & Famous Denim for indigo, though!post #12665 of 1347511/11/13 at 4:21pmpost #12666 of 1347511/11/13 at 6:00pmQuote:
I think that the Thermochromic jeans run small, if that's any help:).post #12667 of 1347511/11/13 at 8:41pmAnyone check out the Stacked Guy, exclusive to Barney's?
It's being modeled terribly. It has a 33" inseam and an 11" rise, so you're meant to be able to wear it it really low and get stacks, almost like a drop-crotch pant. Of course you also have the option to wear them up. Funny that there aren't any stacks on the model, though!post #12668 of 1347511/11/13 at 9:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by otacon
Anyone check out the Stacked Guy, exclusive to Barney's?
It's being modeled terribly. It has a 33" inseam and an 11" rise, so you're meant to be able to wear it it really low and get stacks, almost like a drop-crotch pant. Of course you also have the option to wear them up. Funny that there aren't any stacks on the model, though!
It's being modeled terribly, indeed. I dislike how these Naked & Famous Denim jeans are made to look like formal slacks in many pictures. That's not how jeans are supposed to be. It's misleading, and it turns me off. If I happened to be more of a novice to Naked & Famous Denim, I would probably turn away from the brand completely if I saw how these pairs of denim are being modeled. I don't want my jeans looking like formal slacks. Jeans aren't supposed to look like formal slacks. They're supposed to have a casual look to them.post #12669 of 1347511/11/13 at 9:36pmpost #12670 of 1347511/11/13 at 11:14pmpost #12671 of 1347511/12/13 at 12:52ampost #12672 of 1347511/12/13 at 9:08ampost #12673 of 1347511/12/13 at 9:22am@Tokyocean they're comfortable because it has the stretch to it. Also, I have the indigo wax coated skinny guys they came out a while back in the skinny guy cut, and those are super comfortable
@Octacon I went with my skinny guy sizing and they fit good. Really narrow legs and opening on the stacked guyspost #12674 of 1347511/12/13 at 9:56ampost #12675 of 1347511/12/13 at 6:58pmQuote:
What fit are you going for? Do you want more of a relaxed fit or a slim fit? If you're going for the Skinny Guy fit, stay true to size. If you're going for the Weird Guy fit, size down one unless you want a more relaxed fit. For a more relaxed fit, stay true to size or size up one. I hope that helps.
Where do you plan on ordering from?
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL Future of the Democratic Party Threak 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 10 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...