Generally unless they also have a black weft, they will fade out to a grey/white. (Basically if even if it's a super dark jean with a really black warp, when you wear down those fibers if there is a white weft below, it's gonna show).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 10:34 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Naked and famous denim - Page 845post #12661 of 1341411/10/13 at 8:36pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12662 of 1341411/10/13 at 9:33pmQuote:
Thanks, flat spotting!
I think I'm safer with indigo jeans!!post #12663 of 1341411/10/13 at 10:44pm
This is always an option:
I've thought about it myself, but just have way too much denim!post #12664 of 1341411/10/13 at 10:55pmQuote:
Thanks for the information! I guess I'll go with something different for black denim, perhaps something that is priced lower. I'll certainly go with Naked & Famous Denim for indigo, though!post #12665 of 1341411/11/13 at 4:21pmpost #12666 of 1341411/11/13 at 6:00pmQuote:
I think that the Thermochromic jeans run small, if that's any help:).post #12667 of 1341411/11/13 at 8:41pmAnyone check out the Stacked Guy, exclusive to Barney's?
It's being modeled terribly. It has a 33" inseam and an 11" rise, so you're meant to be able to wear it it really low and get stacks, almost like a drop-crotch pant. Of course you also have the option to wear them up. Funny that there aren't any stacks on the model, though!post #12668 of 1341411/11/13 at 9:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by otacon
Anyone check out the Stacked Guy, exclusive to Barney's?
It's being modeled terribly. It has a 33" inseam and an 11" rise, so you're meant to be able to wear it it really low and get stacks, almost like a drop-crotch pant. Of course you also have the option to wear them up. Funny that there aren't any stacks on the model, though!
It's being modeled terribly, indeed. I dislike how these Naked & Famous Denim jeans are made to look like formal slacks in many pictures. That's not how jeans are supposed to be. It's misleading, and it turns me off. If I happened to be more of a novice to Naked & Famous Denim, I would probably turn away from the brand completely if I saw how these pairs of denim are being modeled. I don't want my jeans looking like formal slacks. Jeans aren't supposed to look like formal slacks. They're supposed to have a casual look to them.post #12669 of 1341411/11/13 at 9:36pmpost #12670 of 1341411/11/13 at 11:14pmpost #12671 of 1341411/12/13 at 12:52ampost #12672 of 1341411/12/13 at 9:08ampost #12673 of 1341411/12/13 at 9:22am@Tokyocean they're comfortable because it has the stretch to it. Also, I have the indigo wax coated skinny guys they came out a while back in the skinny guy cut, and those are super comfortable
@Octacon I went with my skinny guy sizing and they fit good. Really narrow legs and opening on the stacked guyspost #12674 of 1341411/12/13 at 9:56ampost #12675 of 1341411/12/13 at 6:58pmQuote:
What fit are you going for? Do you want more of a relaxed fit or a slim fit? If you're going for the Skinny Guy fit, stay true to size. If you're going for the Weird Guy fit, size down one unless you want a more relaxed fit. For a more relaxed fit, stay true to size or size up one. I hope that helps.
Where do you plan on ordering from?
- Naked and famous denim
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 9 seconds ago
- › Kamakura Shirts Vintage Oxford Shirts (S/M) 1 minute ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 6 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 7 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...