Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 1:58 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Naked and famous denim - Page 835
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12512 of 1343410/2/13 at 1:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Distorbiant
Really disappointed in my vintage loom hoodie. The fabric has begun to separate slightly near the armpits. I sized large for this thing too. Hopefully a tailor will be able to reinforce them or something. This is really awful. I haven't even worn/washed it that much.
Keep wearing. Eventually you will be "Naked & Famous"post #12513 of 1343410/2/13 at 3:33pmQuote:
We had a customer send us some measurements before and after soak. Looks like the inseam will still shrink quite a bit, down to 31 inches (from 32.75). The thigh, knee, and leg opening each shrunk about a quarter inch. After wearing a bit the waist and thigh stretched back out to pre-soak measurements, but the rest remained shrunk.
Edited by Jay-D - 10/5/13 at 1:12pmpost #12514 of 1343410/2/13 at 4:26pmpost #12515 of 1343410/3/13 at 12:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Jay-D
We had a customer send us some measurements before and after soak. Looks like the inseam will still stretch quite a bit, down to 31 inches (from 32.75). The thigh, knee, and leg opening each shrunk about a quarter inch. After wearing a bit the waist and thigh stretched back out to pre-soak measurements, but the rest remained shrunk.
i assume this is a hot soak?
cannot wait for the okayama spirits in super skinny!post #12516 of 1343410/3/13 at 9:16amOh Jay, thanks once again!
The waist and the thigh stretching back out with the lower legs remaining shrunk sounds perfect.
"Looks like the inseam will still stretch quite a bit, down to 31 inches (from 32.75)."
Is this a typo and it should say "shrink quite a bit" instead of "stretch quite a bit"?
A 31 inches inseam sounds like the oni collabo. I'm around 5 8 and I'd like to doublecuff. The short inseam could be a turn-off though..post #12517 of 1343410/3/13 at 9:24am
i'm interested in the corduroy slim guys they released last year. anyone have experience with these? i work in a business casual office which leans heavily on the casual side, but not quite casual enough to wear jeans, which sucks as a raw denimhead. i feel like i could get away with wearing these on a regular basis because they're not denim though, plus it'd be cool to fade some corduroy
also, anyone know if they're vanity sized? i wear a 34 for levis, just as a referencepost #12518 of 1343410/3/13 at 10:44amQuote:
I'm super interested in seeing this as well because, like I said previously, looking to get a pair of jeans that is just a bit roomier than my current WG's, but not super baggy like the old Slim Guy's were.post #12519 of 1343410/3/13 at 4:44pm
Here are pictures of the new Slim Guy (Navy chino) vs the old Slim Guy (Cashmere blend), both size 36. The difference is not extreme: it's an inch tighter at the waist and slightly tappered in the leg (it's not too much that it feels tight, but not as loose that it flaps around like the old ones).post #12520 of 1343410/4/13 at 10:13am
I think it may be a moot point for me - I was comparing measurements on BlueOwl, and it appears that the thigh is actually smaller on the Slim Guy's than on the Weird Guys - and the only part of the Weird Guys that is a little snug is the thighs, haha. DAMN YOU BIKER THIGHS.
Does anyone know of a similar cut/style that has measurements similar to the Weird Guys, just with slightly bigger thighs? I realize that they're already the "big thigh" version, hah.
It's definitely a bit more tapered than the previous Slim Guys, at least from those photos. They look better/less bulky than before.post #12521 of 1343410/5/13 at 11:09ampost #12522 of 1343410/5/13 at 1:13pmpost #12523 of 1343410/5/13 at 6:33pmQuote:Quote:
slim guy sz 33, im 5-6 so you can have a idea of the inseam, jeans were hot soaked for 2 hours and air dried, the fit is definitely better than the old slim guy fit, its just a little slimmer to my s710xx's with a lower rise which i feel looks better due to my heightpost #12524 of 1343410/5/13 at 9:42pm
- Naked and famous denim
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 seconds ago
- › [CLOSED ] G. Inglese Cotton Pique L/S Polo Shirts - PRE-ORDERS 4 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 9 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 11 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 13 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...