Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 8:28 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Naked and famous denim - Page 835post #12512 of 1346610/2/13 at 1:42pmQuote:Originally Posted by Distorbiant
Really disappointed in my vintage loom hoodie. The fabric has begun to separate slightly near the armpits. I sized large for this thing too. Hopefully a tailor will be able to reinforce them or something. This is really awful. I haven't even worn/washed it that much.
Keep wearing. Eventually you will be "Naked & Famous"post #12513 of 1346610/2/13 at 3:33pmQuote:
We had a customer send us some measurements before and after soak. Looks like the inseam will still shrink quite a bit, down to 31 inches (from 32.75). The thigh, knee, and leg opening each shrunk about a quarter inch. After wearing a bit the waist and thigh stretched back out to pre-soak measurements, but the rest remained shrunk.
Edited by Jay-D - 10/5/13 at 1:12pmpost #12514 of 1346610/2/13 at 4:26pmpost #12515 of 1346610/3/13 at 12:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Jay-D
We had a customer send us some measurements before and after soak. Looks like the inseam will still stretch quite a bit, down to 31 inches (from 32.75). The thigh, knee, and leg opening each shrunk about a quarter inch. After wearing a bit the waist and thigh stretched back out to pre-soak measurements, but the rest remained shrunk.
i assume this is a hot soak?
cannot wait for the okayama spirits in super skinny!post #12516 of 1346610/3/13 at 9:16amOh Jay, thanks once again!
The waist and the thigh stretching back out with the lower legs remaining shrunk sounds perfect.
"Looks like the inseam will still stretch quite a bit, down to 31 inches (from 32.75)."
Is this a typo and it should say "shrink quite a bit" instead of "stretch quite a bit"?
A 31 inches inseam sounds like the oni collabo. I'm around 5 8 and I'd like to doublecuff. The short inseam could be a turn-off though..post #12517 of 1346610/3/13 at 9:24am
i'm interested in the corduroy slim guys they released last year. anyone have experience with these? i work in a business casual office which leans heavily on the casual side, but not quite casual enough to wear jeans, which sucks as a raw denimhead. i feel like i could get away with wearing these on a regular basis because they're not denim though, plus it'd be cool to fade some corduroy
also, anyone know if they're vanity sized? i wear a 34 for levis, just as a referencepost #12518 of 1346610/3/13 at 10:44amQuote:
I'm super interested in seeing this as well because, like I said previously, looking to get a pair of jeans that is just a bit roomier than my current WG's, but not super baggy like the old Slim Guy's were.post #12519 of 1346610/3/13 at 4:44pm
Here are pictures of the new Slim Guy (Navy chino) vs the old Slim Guy (Cashmere blend), both size 36. The difference is not extreme: it's an inch tighter at the waist and slightly tappered in the leg (it's not too much that it feels tight, but not as loose that it flaps around like the old ones).post #12520 of 1346610/4/13 at 10:13am
I think it may be a moot point for me - I was comparing measurements on BlueOwl, and it appears that the thigh is actually smaller on the Slim Guy's than on the Weird Guys - and the only part of the Weird Guys that is a little snug is the thighs, haha. DAMN YOU BIKER THIGHS.
Does anyone know of a similar cut/style that has measurements similar to the Weird Guys, just with slightly bigger thighs? I realize that they're already the "big thigh" version, hah.
It's definitely a bit more tapered than the previous Slim Guys, at least from those photos. They look better/less bulky than before.post #12521 of 1346610/5/13 at 11:09ampost #12522 of 1346610/5/13 at 1:13pmpost #12523 of 1346610/5/13 at 6:33pmQuote:Quote:
slim guy sz 33, im 5-6 so you can have a idea of the inseam, jeans were hot soaked for 2 hours and air dried, the fit is definitely better than the old slim guy fit, its just a little slimmer to my s710xx's with a lower rise which i feel looks better due to my heightpost #12524 of 1346610/5/13 at 9:42pmpost #12525 of 1346610/5/13 at 10:00pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Outfit for textured trousers 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 3 minutes ago
- › NWT Zegna Tie Woven Silk Handmade Italy MSRP $200 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › NWT Orvis Classic Barn Coat Medium (40R) 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 13 minutes ago
- › NWOT Schott NYC slim fit peacoat (MSRP: $310) 16 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...