Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 1:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Naked and famous denim - Page 829post #12421 of 134259/12/13 at 4:34pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12422 of 134259/12/13 at 6:44pm
probably isnt available in most stores but if it is, its in very limited sizes. this collab is fairly old by now (or at least it feels like it). Maybe check tate + yoko and i think the show room in toronto might have one pair in a larger size too. I have no idea for american storespost #12423 of 134259/13/13 at 12:19ampost #12424 of 134259/13/13 at 12:55amas great as the jh is, the oni collab is better. more character in the fabric imo.
there's not many ideas people can give if your choice is between lht and oni. you dont hv to wear them that skinny, so getting the oni in that size you looking at should be fine looking at the measurements. like i said, just wear them straight or cold soak if you're worried it will shrink too much.post #12425 of 134259/13/13 at 7:16am
^ Might I suggest an alternative? Instead of hunting down an old, hard to find model in a specific size, why not have a look at the limited run Okayama Spirit from the new collection? 16oz unsanforized denim from Okayama (hence the name).
The JH really is just the Oni collab material which has been sanforized. Both Bahzad from NF and Jay Doughten from Blue Owl have confirmed as much. If you have your heart set on an unsanforized fabric, the OS's should be a nice, more readily available choice.post #12426 of 134259/13/13 at 7:47amHave they?
That's crazy because I thought the Onis are even slubbier..
It's not that I narrowed down my search to the Oni collabo it's just the fact that alternatives are lacking.
Until you answered I haven't had the Okayama Spirit in mind.
The hunt for the Onis wouldn't be that tough, I'm in contact with a shop who still got some of the Onis in stock.
Thanks again!post #12427 of 134259/13/13 at 8:06ampost #12428 of 134259/13/13 at 11:30amQuote:
I don't have the Midnight Weird Guys nor do I think you can even buy them yet, but I do have the E3s. I've had them for a month and half or so and they are fading really nicely. If you want pics, I can put some up later.post #12429 of 134259/13/13 at 11:58ampost #12430 of 134259/13/13 at 2:55pmQuote:
When I met brendon and Bahzad. Bahzad explained to me how the unsanforized Japanese heritage (used by oni collab) is one of the most beautiful denim fabric n&f offers.post #12431 of 134259/14/13 at 10:39ampost #12432 of 134259/14/13 at 12:36pmQuote:
Thank you. I would like that very much.post #12433 of 134259/14/13 at 1:43pm
It seems Tate + Yoko received the first of the new Slim Guys. Checking the new measurements, they basically lost one inch in the waist and in the leg opening. Will have to try these when I get home to Montréal.
On a related matter, are there any impressions on the Lyocell Selvedge?It's the first of the new Slims, but it was released as a WG before.post #12434 of 134259/14/13 at 10:34pmQuote:
How do the E3s compare to the E2s? (if you have/seen E2s)post #12435 of 134259/14/13 at 11:30pm
I'd have to start with the denim being a much dark deeper blue. It almost looks like an indigo/black jean but it's not. It fades a pretty bright blue and I can't wait to see how it gets in a few months. It's a little less heavy than the E2s but it's not something you'll notice when you first put them on. They are just as heavy and stiff as ever.
- Naked and famous denim
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Anyone happy with itailor.com? 35 seconds ago
- › Camel Hair Sport Coat 44 R 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 5 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 10 minutes ago
- › The umbrella, cane, riding crop and miscellaneous accessories porn... 10 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 18 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 21 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015