It's 019393, for weird guy at least. Not sure if they're different for skinny guy as I only have them in WG.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 1:42 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Naked and famous denim - Page 823
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12332 of 134268/20/13 at 6:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by joshmv
I soaked them for an hour in cold water (inside out). The water didn't really have any blue tint, it was just yellow. They smelled pretty strange also.
After a few hours of letting them hang in the bathroom I put them on and tried to stretch them in the hips a little. They were still wet and bleeding a lot so I took them off and hung them in front of a fan for the night.
Looking forward to seeing if there's any difference tomorrow.
So yeah this is really late, but I'm curious how this turned out for you?post #12333 of 134268/20/13 at 6:06pmpost #12334 of 134268/20/13 at 7:02pmpost #12335 of 134268/22/13 at 9:55ampost #12336 of 134268/22/13 at 5:02pmpost #12337 of 134268/22/13 at 7:21pmpost #12338 of 134268/23/13 at 5:54pmpost #12339 of 134268/23/13 at 11:16pmpost #12340 of 134268/23/13 at 11:46pmI got my Elephant 3s from http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/bin/showpage.dll?page=welcome Id recommend them. I ordered a size not suited for me and they sent a new pair before receiving the pair I already had. I haven't had that kind of service since Netflix in the early 2000s. Back then you would just tell them you sent the DVD back, and they would send a new one that day. It was amazing.
Anyway, they are great. I live in SoCal, so hot but dry air now and this heavy denim isn't too bad. They are very dark when you get them, but I can tell that the indigo will rub off fairly quickly. I rubbed a knee on the carpet and the difference in color is apparent to the naked eye, and I swabbed a food stain and a ton of indigo ran off. I've only worn them for a cumulative 2-3 weeks or so, nothing photoworthy yet. I've already gotten a positive comment on them from a coworker and a random stranger.
For sizing, the right size for mine were the same waist size as new standards, slicks(like 3-4 years ago), if that helps. The E3s are my first pair of heavy denim. It took time for them to stretch out a bit, and in the first few days they would squeak when I walked.post #12341 of 134268/24/13 at 5:40ampost #12342 of 134268/24/13 at 6:25ampost #12343 of 134268/24/13 at 8:31ampost #12344 of 134268/24/13 at 10:22ampost #12345 of 134268/24/13 at 10:35am
Bought these basically NWOT Weird Guys from a dude on reddit. Confused about what they are exactly. Tag says "Hank Dyed selvedge" which would make them these but they're not signed on the inside so I'm not sure. Maybe they did another run? Maybe this is some sample or something? Everything else about them seems to be consistent with this guy's sale a few years ago. They're pretty awesome. I took some pictures.
If anyone knows anything about these I'd love to learn about them. Thanks!
Edited by highvoltorb - 8/24/13 at 11:00am
- Naked and famous denim
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 17 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Bourbon. 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 5 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 7 minutes ago
- › BNIB Alden UM Shell Cordovan Wingtip Boots All-Eyelets & Commando... 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015