or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Naked and famous denim - Page 821

post #12301 of 13309
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponyboy312 View Post

Anybody seen any evo pics on the 32oz?  I remember it was a bfd when NF launched these beasts, but I haven't seen ANY fit pics or evo pics on them.  Are the owners ashamed?  Whats up?

 

I believe there is one or more contestant(s) in the HWDC contest that is held @ SuFu.
post #12302 of 13309

Both pair look good, but I would recommend that you go with the 34's. It won't be long before they stretch out a bit. Cheers.

post #12303 of 13309
Quote:
Originally Posted by h4id View Post

I've had this pair for 2 months and they are really comfortable now but I'm really conscious of how there's a weird shelf under the knees when I stand.

Anybody know what the deal is with that or how I can get rid of it (taper/hem/etc)?

I know this post is a month old, but I didn't see any true remedies, so I thought I'd throw one out there. I simply use an iron, with mild steam, over and around the knee. Be sure not to iron over the seam on either side of the leg though. Cheers.

 

...And "chinese"alpha, why are you fronting a Japanese avatar? :)

post #12304 of 13309

Help a fellow raw denim new comer?

 

I recently purchased my first pair of raws last month, some unbranded 201 size 32 (my tts waist).

 

When I first tried them on the fit fairly well. Ever so SLIGHTLY looser in the thighs and they flare just a tad more than I'd like, but over I was really happy with the fit. Well, with the exception of the waist be extremely tight (still can't button the top button). I've been wearing them for about a month now and the butt area seems to have stretched a bit, and I'm not liking the fit too much anymore. 

 

I know N&F is Unbrandeds sister company, and I want to cop myself a pair. I was wondering what fit do you guys think I should get? I've done some research and I'm leaning towards a size up on some "skinny guys". But I'm always wondering how much do N&F stretch if any.  

post #12305 of 13309

Generally speaking you will size down one for the skinny guy fit or two for weird guy fit. N&F will stretch out much like unbranded does, unless you buy a collaboration pair.

post #12306 of 13309

Really? I've read that unbranded's stretch are very minimal compared to N&F. If I wear to go skinny guys I don't think I should size down. I fear that will be way too tight since they are already a skinny fit. 

 

After browsing hypebeast N&F and Unbranded threads (and yes, I know most responses there aren't the most valid), the general consenses for unbrandeds is going TTS for the 201 (weird guys) and sizing up 1 or 2 for the 101 (skinny guys). But then again I guess that's not that relevant because N&F are different. 

 

How do the waist compare because I still can't button the top on my 201. 

post #12307 of 13309
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakawakawaka View Post


 

When I first tried them on the fit fairly well. Ever so SLIGHTLY looser in the thighs and they flare just a tad more than I'd like, but over I was really happy with the fit. Well, with the exception of the waist be extremely tight (still can't button the top button). I've been wearing them for about a month now and the butt area seems to have stretched a bit, and I'm not liking the fit too much anymore

I'm assuming your not happy with the way the seat has stretched out, exacerbating the flaring problem. If that is the case you should size down. It will be tight at first, you may not be able to button up the top button at first, but the waist will stretch out generously over time. Also keep in mind N&F is vanity sized, rendering the tag relatively meaningless.

post #12308 of 13309

My NF Weird Guys ..Not sure what they are though but they are just about 2 years old and werent washed until 1 year and since then i wash them like a normal garment would.   I have done all the repairs.  I am in no way capable of repairing anything but it did the job.  I sewedthe back pockets which started coming off where they are attached to the jeans.  I also applied numorous iron on patches lol.  They are now shorts as u can see

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #12309 of 13309

How is the stretching for Elephant 3s Skinny Guys? I was told to go TTS instead of sizing 1 down because they dont stretch much.

post #12310 of 13309

Hey guys, i got some Slim Guys and the rise is really low and at work i have to bend over alot and my jeans keep coming down belt or not. I was looking at the stretch denim in the same size and wondered how well it would fade compared to broken twill slim guys. Will they fade like regular raw denim or will they be harder to break through etc. Thanks!

post #12311 of 13309
Quote:
Originally Posted by aigoya View Post

How is the stretching for Elephant 3s Skinny Guys? I was told to go TTS instead of sizing 1 down because they dont stretch much.

Can I ask who gave you that advice? I was told to stay with my regular size, as they'd stretch. I was comparing them to the 15 oz. deep indigos. Went true to size, and they were still a pain. They haven't stretched out as much as my Dirty Fades. I'm interested in the E3s too and I want to know what size to get. Was thinking of sizing up, but, like I said, was advised to get my usual.
post #12312 of 13309

i'm going to buy some weird guy left hand twill jeans and was wondering what size should i get. i'm a 32 in levi's and thinking about getting a 30. i'm about 152 pounds by the way

post #12313 of 13309
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBoom View Post

i'm going to buy some weird guy left hand twill jeans and was wondering what size should i get. i'm a 32 in levi's and thinking about getting a 30. i'm about 152 pounds by the way

measure your best fitting pair of jeans following this guide - http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2010/01/blue-owl-measuring-guide-denim.html

 

compare to the size charts on blueowl and buy the size closest assuming you will get a good 1.5-2" of stretch in the waist and a 1/2" or so of stretch in the thigh.

 

i have a pair of left hand twills for sale below that are all stretched out to approx. 32" waist (measurements are in the link).  if you wanna save some money hit me up.  they are very lightly worn.  i'm 5'-8", 150 lbs.

post #12314 of 13309
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahonng View Post


Can I ask who gave you that advice? I was told to stay with my regular size, as they'd stretch. I was comparing them to the 15 oz. deep indigos. Went true to size, and they were still a pain. They haven't stretched out as much as my Dirty Fades. I'm interested in the E3s too and I want to know what size to get. Was thinking of sizing up, but, like I said, was advised to get my usual.

This was at a place in Korea that sells raw denim. I tried on the LHT first skinny guy 31, he told me it'll stretch to where I will like them. But if I'm interested in Elephants I may want to go to 32 so I don't feel the discomfort of heavier denim. Basically he said anything under 15oz should be fine to size down, but heavier denim, the buyer must take the weight and stretch into more caution. 

post #12315 of 13309
Quote:
Originally Posted by aigoya View Post

This was at a place in Korea that sells raw denim. I tried on the LHT first skinny guy 31, he told me it'll stretch to where I will like them. But if I'm interested in Elephants I may want to go to 32 so I don't feel the discomfort of heavier denim. Basically he said anything under 15oz should be fine to size down, but heavier denim, the buyer must take the weight and stretch into more caution. 

True if you talking E2, but E3 has more flex and will stretch a full inch or more. Size the same as other N&F denims in the 12oz to 14oz range.

Weight does not necessarily determine stretch. Cotton, dying process, and weave are more important at times. E3 is not as tightly woven compared to other denims.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim