Also, check out the various SF Eternal 811 threads, if you have doubts about machine washing. ymmv
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Naked and famous denim - Page 814
Styleforum Top Picks
You're probably right. With the exception of a pair of vintage Lee jeans, all my denim for the last 7-8 years has been raw or 1-wash selvedge. I cycle year round, and do a decent amount of dirtbaggy leisure activities. In other words, I destroy jeans, no matter how well made they are. I went through a few years of avoiding washing, eventually I just gave up on it, preferring to maintain some semblance of cleanliness. I'd hazard a guess that most people in the no-wash camp lead a far cleaner lifestyle than do I, so they can afford to go 6-12 months of effective wear. If I were to do that, my jeans would be rotting off my legs by the end.
That said, I wear denim less and less these days - prefer shorts, linen trousers, outlier pants, or lightweight wool in the summer, and heavyweight worsted wool or flannel in the cold.
Your right on all accounts. I'm a house cat basically. I sit in front of a computer most of my life. As for cleaning my jeans I like to spray them with a garden hose and let them dry in the sun.
Edited by mister56 - 7/12/13 at 9:36pm
I got a pair of lightly used Unbranded 221s (size 31) I'm willing to part with for fitty, if you want a of pair fast fading selvage you dont mind beating to a pulp.
And it's not just me! This model's balls are doing the same maneuver that happened with me. I'd literally have to tape them back for this not to be an issue:
What are some good alternatives to the Selvedge Duck (same color/material, other brands)?
- Naked and famous denim
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... just now
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 second ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 17 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 43 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...