Also, check out the various SF Eternal 811 threads, if you have doubts about machine washing. ymmv
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 1:26 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Naked and famous denim - Page 814
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12197 of 134477/11/13 at 7:16ampost #12198 of 134477/11/13 at 7:24amQuote:Originally Posted by chinesealphaQuote:
You're probably right. With the exception of a pair of vintage Lee jeans, all my denim for the last 7-8 years has been raw or 1-wash selvedge. I cycle year round, and do a decent amount of dirtbaggy leisure activities. In other words, I destroy jeans, no matter how well made they are. I went through a few years of avoiding washing, eventually I just gave up on it, preferring to maintain some semblance of cleanliness. I'd hazard a guess that most people in the no-wash camp lead a far cleaner lifestyle than do I, so they can afford to go 6-12 months of effective wear. If I were to do that, my jeans would be rotting off my legs by the end.
That said, I wear denim less and less these days - prefer shorts, linen trousers, outlier pants, or lightweight wool in the summer, and heavyweight worsted wool or flannel in the cold.
Your right on all accounts. I'm a house cat basically. I sit in front of a computer most of my life. As for cleaning my jeans I like to spray them with a garden hose and let them dry in the sun.
Edited by mister56 - 7/12/13 at 9:36pmpost #12199 of 134477/11/13 at 7:56ampost #12200 of 134477/11/13 at 3:44pmpost #12201 of 134477/11/13 at 4:09pmQuote:
I got a pair of lightly used Unbranded 221s (size 31) I'm willing to part with for fitty, if you want a of pair fast fading selvage you dont mind beating to a pulp.
post #12202 of 134477/12/13 at 9:42pmpost #12203 of 134477/13/13 at 5:21pmpost #12204 of 134477/13/13 at 5:30pmpost #12205 of 134477/13/13 at 5:45pmpost #12206 of 134477/13/13 at 6:27pmpost #12207 of 134477/14/13 at 5:40ampost #12208 of 134477/14/13 at 1:34pmpost #12209 of 134477/14/13 at 3:39pmIs it me or do Naked & Famous Selvedge Duck Canvas jeans highlight the testicles a bit too extremely? I tried Weird Guy and Skinny Guy and I saw a clear outline of my most forward testicle. It's a shame because the jeans would have fit well otherwise and I like the color. What's the deal here? Is it the cut? I think the jeans might be a tad lighter than other brands. This might also happen if I wear shitty, malformed chinos.
And it's not just me! This model's balls are doing the same maneuver that happened with me. I'd literally have to tape them back for this not to be an issue:
What are some good alternatives to the Selvedge Duck (same color/material, other brands)?
- Naked and famous denim
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 30 seconds ago
- › BNIB Edward Green Inverness Bergundy Antique 888 Last UK 8.5 / US 9 2 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Brown Shell Cordovan Patriot - 13D 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...