Also, check out the various SF Eternal 811 threads, if you have doubts about machine washing. ymmv
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 10:30 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Naked and famous denim - Page 814
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12197 of 134117/11/13 at 7:16ampost #12198 of 134117/11/13 at 7:24amQuote:Originally Posted by chinesealphaQuote:
You're probably right. With the exception of a pair of vintage Lee jeans, all my denim for the last 7-8 years has been raw or 1-wash selvedge. I cycle year round, and do a decent amount of dirtbaggy leisure activities. In other words, I destroy jeans, no matter how well made they are. I went through a few years of avoiding washing, eventually I just gave up on it, preferring to maintain some semblance of cleanliness. I'd hazard a guess that most people in the no-wash camp lead a far cleaner lifestyle than do I, so they can afford to go 6-12 months of effective wear. If I were to do that, my jeans would be rotting off my legs by the end.
That said, I wear denim less and less these days - prefer shorts, linen trousers, outlier pants, or lightweight wool in the summer, and heavyweight worsted wool or flannel in the cold.
Your right on all accounts. I'm a house cat basically. I sit in front of a computer most of my life. As for cleaning my jeans I like to spray them with a garden hose and let them dry in the sun.
Edited by mister56 - 7/12/13 at 9:36pmpost #12199 of 134117/11/13 at 7:56ampost #12200 of 134117/11/13 at 3:44pmpost #12201 of 134117/11/13 at 4:09pmQuote:
I got a pair of lightly used Unbranded 221s (size 31) I'm willing to part with for fitty, if you want a of pair fast fading selvage you dont mind beating to a pulp.
post #12202 of 134117/12/13 at 9:42pmpost #12203 of 134117/13/13 at 5:21pmpost #12204 of 134117/13/13 at 5:30pmpost #12205 of 134117/13/13 at 5:45pmpost #12206 of 134117/13/13 at 6:27pmpost #12207 of 134117/14/13 at 5:40ampost #12208 of 134117/14/13 at 1:34pmpost #12209 of 134117/14/13 at 3:39pmIs it me or do Naked & Famous Selvedge Duck Canvas jeans highlight the testicles a bit too extremely? I tried Weird Guy and Skinny Guy and I saw a clear outline of my most forward testicle. It's a shame because the jeans would have fit well otherwise and I like the color. What's the deal here? Is it the cut? I think the jeans might be a tad lighter than other brands. This might also happen if I wear shitty, malformed chinos.
And it's not just me! This model's balls are doing the same maneuver that happened with me. I'd literally have to tape them back for this not to be an issue:
What are some good alternatives to the Selvedge Duck (same color/material, other brands)?
- Naked and famous denim
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official BLUE BLUE JAPAN thread - all things indigo, many... 8 minutes ago
- › Unipair - Gentlemen's Shoe Boutique - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 10 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › Whey protein 2014 16 minutes ago
- › NWT J. Press York St. White Cotton Pants 30*32 17 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan