Also, check out the various SF Eternal 811 threads, if you have doubts about machine washing. ymmv
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 3:11 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Naked and famous denim - Page 814
Styleforum Top Pickspost #12197 of 134497/11/13 at 7:16ampost #12198 of 134497/11/13 at 7:24amQuote:Originally Posted by chinesealphaQuote:
You're probably right. With the exception of a pair of vintage Lee jeans, all my denim for the last 7-8 years has been raw or 1-wash selvedge. I cycle year round, and do a decent amount of dirtbaggy leisure activities. In other words, I destroy jeans, no matter how well made they are. I went through a few years of avoiding washing, eventually I just gave up on it, preferring to maintain some semblance of cleanliness. I'd hazard a guess that most people in the no-wash camp lead a far cleaner lifestyle than do I, so they can afford to go 6-12 months of effective wear. If I were to do that, my jeans would be rotting off my legs by the end.
That said, I wear denim less and less these days - prefer shorts, linen trousers, outlier pants, or lightweight wool in the summer, and heavyweight worsted wool or flannel in the cold.
Your right on all accounts. I'm a house cat basically. I sit in front of a computer most of my life. As for cleaning my jeans I like to spray them with a garden hose and let them dry in the sun.
Edited by mister56 - 7/12/13 at 9:36pmpost #12199 of 134497/11/13 at 7:56ampost #12200 of 134497/11/13 at 3:44pmpost #12201 of 134497/11/13 at 4:09pmQuote:
I got a pair of lightly used Unbranded 221s (size 31) I'm willing to part with for fitty, if you want a of pair fast fading selvage you dont mind beating to a pulp.
post #12202 of 134497/12/13 at 9:42pmpost #12203 of 134497/13/13 at 5:21pmpost #12204 of 134497/13/13 at 5:30pmpost #12205 of 134497/13/13 at 5:45pmpost #12206 of 134497/13/13 at 6:27pmpost #12207 of 134497/14/13 at 5:40ampost #12208 of 134497/14/13 at 1:34pmpost #12209 of 134497/14/13 at 3:39pmIs it me or do Naked & Famous Selvedge Duck Canvas jeans highlight the testicles a bit too extremely? I tried Weird Guy and Skinny Guy and I saw a clear outline of my most forward testicle. It's a shame because the jeans would have fit well otherwise and I like the color. What's the deal here? Is it the cut? I think the jeans might be a tad lighter than other brands. This might also happen if I wear shitty, malformed chinos.
And it's not just me! This model's balls are doing the same maneuver that happened with me. I'd literally have to tape them back for this not to be an issue:
What are some good alternatives to the Selvedge Duck (same color/material, other brands)?
- Naked and famous denim
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?