Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Yesterday at 10:32 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Naked and famous denim - Page 797post #11941 of 134475/21/13 at 11:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11942 of 134475/21/13 at 11:18pmpost #11943 of 134475/22/13 at 7:06am
Jarlean, the thighs look pretty tight but you will see about .25 to .5 an inch of stretch there. It will take a while though but raw denim stretches where you apply enough force to it. The crotch is a different story, that won't stretch at all.
You got the buttons up on the waist so that will fit you in like 5-6 wears if you keep them on all day. The thighs will take longer. Your call my man.post #11944 of 134475/22/13 at 8:43amAs the waist stretches, you'll be able to wear them lower (which I recommend), and that will give you more room in the thighs. Breaking them in so they're not all fresh and crispy will also help the denim "relax" a little, which will make the thighs more comfortable and appear less awkward. I'd say if you plan on wearing them regularly, stick with them and they'll loosen up to the point where they're comfortable and look fine; if you're only going to wear them occasionally, you may want to size up and just wear a belt.post #11945 of 134475/22/13 at 10:39am
I've been wearing them this morning and they're easier to slip on each time. If I can get just a 1/4" stretch in the thighs, I think they'd be perfect - even though they're snug, they're extremely comfortable. Doesn't really feel painful or pinching or anything.
I'm planning on wearing them, if not every day, most days, and wearing them hard. Thanks for all the advice guys, I'm going to stick with them and see what happens. If they end up too small, I'll know that for the future - gotta start somewhere!post #11946 of 134475/22/13 at 11:53ampost #11947 of 134475/22/13 at 12:05pm
@ Jarlean, KEEP THEM! I am 101% sure that will stretch and will fit you perfectly after a 2 to 4 weeks you can say i am glad that i pick this size. For "me" with Raw Denim means NO PAIN NO GAIN. Post some pics after a month.
I am no expert about Raw Denim with only one year of experience.
Here what i have in my 1st year with this trend. N&F WG as my 3rd pair and how i wish i order 1 size smaller.post #11948 of 134475/22/13 at 12:06pmQuote:
Steam the jeans by running a super hot shower in your bathroom. Once the jeans steamed till damp, jam as many t-shirts and towels you can into the legs of the jeans. Steam again with the t-shirts/towels jam-packed into the legs. Say prayer. Let jeans dry with the legs packed.post #11949 of 134475/22/13 at 12:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ponyboy312
Steam the jeans by running a super hot shower in your bathroom. Once the jeans steamed till damp, jam as many t-shirts and towels you can into the legs of the jeans. Steam again with the t-shirts/towels jam-packed into the legs. Say prayer. Let jeans dry with the legs packed.
You are going to end up getting wonky shaping to your legs and stretching out weird places... i dont mind the steam idea... except instead i would say get in them for a little while, just a bit to stretch them some, hang dry em, and then just work them out as if they wer brand new.... start wearing them around the house til they stretch back.post #11950 of 134475/22/13 at 12:50pmpost #11951 of 134475/22/13 at 12:53pmpost #11952 of 134475/22/13 at 12:57pmpost #11953 of 134475/22/13 at 1:03pmpost #11954 of 134475/22/13 at 1:19pm
I can't say I'm fully satisfied with the construction quality. Lots of loose stitching and it's a bit off in a couple places. At a point in the hem the fabric was folded incorrectly in a tiny spot. Not a big deal, and I did get this shirt on sale, but I'd be pretty annoyed if I paid the $135+ retail price.post #11955 of 134475/22/13 at 2:28pm
- Naked and famous denim
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 second ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 20 seconds ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 10 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 15 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 16 minutes ago
- › Help me understand my color choices 16 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...