Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 7:15 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Naked and famous denim - Page 797post #11941 of 134135/21/13 at 11:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #11942 of 134135/21/13 at 11:18pmpost #11943 of 134135/22/13 at 7:06am
Jarlean, the thighs look pretty tight but you will see about .25 to .5 an inch of stretch there. It will take a while though but raw denim stretches where you apply enough force to it. The crotch is a different story, that won't stretch at all.
You got the buttons up on the waist so that will fit you in like 5-6 wears if you keep them on all day. The thighs will take longer. Your call my man.post #11944 of 134135/22/13 at 8:43amAs the waist stretches, you'll be able to wear them lower (which I recommend), and that will give you more room in the thighs. Breaking them in so they're not all fresh and crispy will also help the denim "relax" a little, which will make the thighs more comfortable and appear less awkward. I'd say if you plan on wearing them regularly, stick with them and they'll loosen up to the point where they're comfortable and look fine; if you're only going to wear them occasionally, you may want to size up and just wear a belt.post #11945 of 134135/22/13 at 10:39am
I've been wearing them this morning and they're easier to slip on each time. If I can get just a 1/4" stretch in the thighs, I think they'd be perfect - even though they're snug, they're extremely comfortable. Doesn't really feel painful or pinching or anything.
I'm planning on wearing them, if not every day, most days, and wearing them hard. Thanks for all the advice guys, I'm going to stick with them and see what happens. If they end up too small, I'll know that for the future - gotta start somewhere!post #11946 of 134135/22/13 at 11:53ampost #11947 of 134135/22/13 at 12:05pm
@ Jarlean, KEEP THEM! I am 101% sure that will stretch and will fit you perfectly after a 2 to 4 weeks you can say i am glad that i pick this size. For "me" with Raw Denim means NO PAIN NO GAIN. Post some pics after a month.
I am no expert about Raw Denim with only one year of experience.
Here what i have in my 1st year with this trend. N&F WG as my 3rd pair and how i wish i order 1 size smaller.post #11948 of 134135/22/13 at 12:06pmQuote:
Steam the jeans by running a super hot shower in your bathroom. Once the jeans steamed till damp, jam as many t-shirts and towels you can into the legs of the jeans. Steam again with the t-shirts/towels jam-packed into the legs. Say prayer. Let jeans dry with the legs packed.post #11949 of 134135/22/13 at 12:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ponyboy312
Steam the jeans by running a super hot shower in your bathroom. Once the jeans steamed till damp, jam as many t-shirts and towels you can into the legs of the jeans. Steam again with the t-shirts/towels jam-packed into the legs. Say prayer. Let jeans dry with the legs packed.
You are going to end up getting wonky shaping to your legs and stretching out weird places... i dont mind the steam idea... except instead i would say get in them for a little while, just a bit to stretch them some, hang dry em, and then just work them out as if they wer brand new.... start wearing them around the house til they stretch back.post #11950 of 134135/22/13 at 12:50pmpost #11951 of 134135/22/13 at 12:53pmpost #11952 of 134135/22/13 at 12:57pmpost #11953 of 134135/22/13 at 1:03pmpost #11954 of 134135/22/13 at 1:19pm
I can't say I'm fully satisfied with the construction quality. Lots of loose stitching and it's a bit off in a couple places. At a point in the hem the fabric was folded incorrectly in a tiny spot. Not a big deal, and I did get this shirt on sale, but I'd be pretty annoyed if I paid the $135+ retail price.post #11955 of 134135/22/13 at 2:28pm
- Naked and famous denim
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Mod to Suedehead 9 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 40 seconds ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 3 minutes ago
- › Buttons 'n' Threads - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Mid-top Marigiela MMM size 45 12 US 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 5 minutes ago
- › What necktie would you wear with a buffalo plaid shirt and navy suit? 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...