or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Naked and famous denim - Page 727

post #10891 of 13367
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooAwesome View Post

 

lol wtf at the site using revolves pictures and descriptions.  also at the 'pleaes choose size'

 

thats also not how stretch denim works.....they have elastine in them and will retain their size better and not stretch out as much in the long run.  so if anything theyll look skin tight on your thighs if theyre way too small for you.  i have 23" thighs and 22" on the stretch looks okay and not bad but any tighter would probably look pretty bad

 

http://whois.net/whois/efstock.com cheers.gif

post #10892 of 13367
Quote:
Originally Posted by willrh1 View Post

What jeans are those Caltex?


Naked and Famous Deep Indigo WG's.

About 9 months of wear but I've stopped wearing them since November because of the contest.

They were my first pair of raw denim that I actually wore and tried to fade. I like them but the rise doesn't work for me. Probably wont purchase anymore NF WG's because of the rise.

If NF releases the glow in the dark WG's I'll definitely buy again though.
post #10893 of 13367
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooAwesome View Post

 

lol wtf at the site using revolves pictures and descriptions.  also at the 'pleaes choose size'

 

thats also not how stretch denim works.....they have elastine in them and will retain their size better and not stretch out as much in the long run.  so if anything theyll look skin tight on your thighs if theyre way too small for you.  i have 23" thighs and 22" on the stretch looks okay and not bad but any tighter would probably look pretty bad

I wasn't claiming that the stretch denim would stretch out better after wear, I was saying that because I'm bigger, skinny guys probably don't really fit my measurements, however given that it's one of the stretch denims it would probably be able to fit onto my legs when I first get them. And then I was thinking if my legs are far too big for them, they may stretch out more after wear as raw denim does and not appear skin tight. Sorry if I wasn't clear, that's my fault. But yeah those were the things throwing me off about that site too. Great prices, it's too bad, ele 2's for for 128 woulda been nice

post #10894 of 13367

Hey guys,

 

I finally got my SkG Black Power Stretch and was able to try them on so I thought i'd give a follow up on how they fit. Hopefully this info will be helpful for someone trying to find their own fit. I got a tag size 30 (actual waist measures 31 on blueowl) and right out of the box, they fit quite perfectly skinny, so I'm guessing I went TTS for this one. Not painted on skin tight, but not loose either. My actual waist/hip measures about 30"-30.5". I was initially worried about the waist being too big but to my surprise they actually snug but will probably stretch enough where I will need a belt. They fit tight throughout thighs and legs where the loosest area would probably be the crotch/top thigh. The leg opening, although around 15" should stack nicely. I'm planning on hemming it to a 32/33 inseam so hopefully that won't affect leg opening size too much.

 

For reference on my proportions; I'm about 5'7 and currently weigh 125lbs. For an idea of how they look, the fit looks very similar to the fit pics on Blueowl. If anyone wants actual fit pics feel free to ask.

 

waist: 30"-30.5"

thighs: 18.5"

calves: 14" - 14.5"

post #10895 of 13367

whatre you talking about? the rise on the WG and the 702 are pretty much exactly the same

post #10896 of 13367
There is a difference.
post #10897 of 13367
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post

Hey guys,

 

I finally got my SkG Black Power Stretch and was able to try them on so I thought i'd give a follow up on how they fit. Hopefully this info will be helpful for someone trying to find their own fit. I got a tag size 30 (actual waist measures 31 on blueowl) and right out of the box, they fit quite perfectly skinny, so I'm guessing I went TTS for this one. Not painted on skin tight, but not loose either. My actual waist/hip measures about 30"-30.5". I was initially worried about the waist being too big but to my surprise they actually snug but will probably stretch enough where I will need a belt. They fit tight throughout thighs and legs where the loosest area would probably be the crotch/top thigh. The leg opening, although around 15" should stack nicely. I'm planning on hemming it to a 32/33 inseam so hopefully that won't affect leg opening size too much.

 

For reference on my proportions; I'm about 5'7 and currently weigh 125lbs. For an idea of how they look, the fit looks very similar to the fit pics on Blueowl. If anyone wants actual fit pics feel free to ask.

 

waist: 30"-30.5"

thighs: 18.5"

calves: 14" - 14.5"

How can you have a 30 waist when you're 5'7'' and 125 lbs?

I am 5'7'' and 120 lbs and I have 28 waist. 

post #10898 of 13367
Anyone have experience with the sand or indigo/indigo weird guys? I sized down one like usual, but they seem slimmer and less likely to stretch.
post #10899 of 13367
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

There is a difference.

Yeah, one difference for sure. Quality.
post #10900 of 13367
Don't ruin this for me. I'm convinced I don't get the cawk split with the 702s.
post #10901 of 13367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

How can you have a 30 waist when you're 5'7'' and 125 lbs?
I am 5'7'' and 120 lbs and I have 28 waist. 

Anatomical differences...
post #10902 of 13367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

How can you have a 30 waist when you're 5'7'' and 125 lbs?

I am 5'7'' and 120 lbs and I have 28 waist. 


LOL...I have a 30 waist and I'm 5'9" and 175 lbs! people are built differently.

post #10903 of 13367
Quote:
Originally Posted by astris View Post

Anyone have experience with the sand or indigo/indigo weird guys? I sized down one like usual, but they seem slimmer and less likely to stretch.


I think it really depends on the different types of denim they use. I've got 30" WGs grey selvedge, stretched minimally and I've worn them for a several months. I then decided to get 31" WG holt renfrew limited editions, fit was bang on but now and they've stretched out a ton over the last couple months.

post #10904 of 13367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommel View Post


I think it really depends on the different types of denim they use. I've got 30" WGs grey selvedge, stretched minimally and I've worn them for a several months. I then decided to get 31" WG holt renfrew limited editions, fit was bang on but now and they've stretched out a ton over the last couple months.
Both my NF x Momo and broken twills stretched a lot, so I was hoping the same for the sand and indigo/indigo. Right now they are painted on and that doesn't seem to be changing. Seems like I'll have to go tts. These two pairs will probably end up in the classifieds shortly.
post #10905 of 13367
I have 2 pairs of N&F.

The Selvedge Chinos stretched a fair bit. I bought a size 29 anticipating this. On the other hand, the Silk Blend Denim I have did not stretch and have a size 31 in those.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim