or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Naked and famous denim - Page 715

post #10711 of 13209
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post


Interesting... I guess I should've sized down since my legs, especially my thighs are skinnier in comparison. I never got what TTS means..is it supposed to be in relation to the tag size or is the actual measurement of the jeans? For example, someone says go TTS. Do you buy the tag size in true to your hips (where the jean should sit) or do you buy in relation to the actual measured waist of the jean? depending on whether or not you can find a size chart..

TTS is going for the measurements that you actually have!

 

Example: My waist measures 35. And from this size chart (borrowed from tate&yoko)

 

 

TAG SIZE 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 36
WAIST 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 38
FRONT RISE 10 10.25 10.5 10.5 10.5 10.75 11 11.25
UPPER THIGH 11 11.25 11.5 11.75 12 12.5 12.5 12.75
KNEE 8 8.1 8.3 8.6 8.7 9 9.25 9.5
LEG OPENING 7 7.1 7.25 7.5 7.75 8 8.25 8.5
INSEAM 35 35 35 35 35 35 35 35

 

Going TTS means I will take the one that has the same measurements (as close as possible) as I do. That means a size 33.

But I know that this one will stretch a bit, so if I would buy this denim I would definitely go for a size 32. (not TTS, but 1 size down)

post #10712 of 13209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somar View Post

TTS is going for the measurements that you actually have!

 

Example: My waist measures 35. And from this size chart (borrowed from tate&yoko)

 

 

TAG SIZE 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 36
WAIST 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 38
FRONT RISE 10 10.25 10.5 10.5 10.5 10.75 11 11.25
UPPER THIGH 11 11.25 11.5 11.75 12 12.5 12.5 12.75
KNEE 8 8.1 8.3 8.6 8.7 9 9.25 9.5
LEG OPENING 7 7.1 7.25 7.5 7.75 8 8.25 8.5
INSEAM 35 35 35 35 35 35 35 35

 

Going TTS means I will take the one that has the same measurements (as close as possible) as I do. That means a size 33.

But I know that this one will stretch a bit, so if I would buy this denim I would definitely go for a size 32. (not TTS, but 1 size down)

 

Thank you for the explanation! I've asked this question several times and i think you're actually the first poster to clearly explain what it actually means instead of just saying "if you measure 30, go buy a 30". Well good. Now I know that the 30s will most likely not be the fit I'm looking for.

post #10713 of 13209
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post

Thank you for the explanation! I've asked this question several times and i think you're actually the first poster to clearly explain what it actually means instead of just saying "if you measure 30, go buy a 30". Well good. Now I know that the 30s will most likely not be the fit I'm looking for.

Some people also use a website called Google to find out the meaning of things.
post #10714 of 13209
Quote:
Some people also use a website called Google to find out the meaning of things.

 

 

Perhaps you should used this website called Google to find out the meaning to TTS and find some concrete answers as to what it means and how people use the term on forums to determine fits in regards to raw denim and vanity sizes and get some clear answers. Otherwise, don't make assumptions on what I have or haven't tried doing.


Edited by mayo23 - 12/8/12 at 8:07am
post #10715 of 13209

Here is what I found.

 

1000

post #10716 of 13209
Buying TTS means getting the TAG size thats is your waist/hip measurement. When you size down, you size down from tag and not the actual measurement.

If you size down one with true waist of 30 you buy tag 29...not 27 if vanity suze is 2" bigger

I got my deep indigo WG TTS, size 29 ( didnt know about vanity size ) and theyfit like the pre washed jeans I would buy at the mall. Now theyre a little bigger in the waist due to not washing as frequent as I would with pre washed denim. But after a soak the waist is perfect.
post #10717 of 13209

I have three of the NF circular knit shirts. The body fits me perfectly, but the chest is a little tight ow that I've gained some upper body mass. Sized up from an XS to a small so I dont look ridiculous. They shrink a good bit in the wash too. Have an Indigo, white and a black. Plan on getting another indigo in a size up and pass the XS down to my girlfriend. Also unlike most other loop wheeled T's these are pretty long which is awesome if you are average to tall, but really annoying if you are on the short side. The arm holes are also on the small side, kinda fit like a muscle T on me which I don't mind to much, but hopefully on their second run they will open them up a bit. Would love a pocket version too, that would be the tities.

 

Washed my indigo like 10 times and it shrank to like a toddler size, but it stretches back out with wear. 

 

Either way best fitting/feeling tee for the price. Big thanks to both Alex at T&Y and Jay at BO for helping me out with all three.

post #10718 of 13209
Just a quick question: I have a pair of N&F Skinny Guy deep indigo size 32, about year old. There are two crotch blowouts forming. They are small though but yeah. Was wondering what you think a fair price would be to sell them on here considering they have the crotch blowouts?
post #10719 of 13209
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister56 View Post

Here is what I found.

 

1000

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lckychrmsbboy View Post

Buying TTS means getting the TAG size thats is your waist/hip measurement. When you size down, you size down from tag and not the actual measurement.
If you size down one with true waist of 30 you buy tag 29...not 27 if vanity suze is 2" bigger
I got my deep indigo WG TTS, size 29 ( didnt know about vanity size ) and theyfit like the pre washed jeans I would buy at the mall. Now theyre a little bigger in the waist due to not washing as frequent as I would with pre washed denim. But after a soak the waist is perfect.


So I know what TTS means in it's simplest term and I've read those search results before I made my post. But that's not why I asked for clarification. Excuse me for being ignorant but this exactly why TTS is confusing in regards to SkG and WG sizing for me. What you say is TTS is contrary to what Somar told me. Going by what you just said, buying TTS for SkG would mean getting the TAG size that is my waist/hip which is a 30 (although it will measure 31), while what Somar said is actually sizing down a size to match the actual measured waist of the jean, which would mean getting a 29 in SkG instead. But of course in this case, nothing beats actually trying on the jeans. But anyways, thanks for response lckychrmsbboy. Another good answer and much appreciated. Sorry if I'm making this into some pointless and annoying, so I'll just drop it with post.


Edited by mayo23 - 12/9/12 at 11:42am
post #10720 of 13209
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

Just a quick question: I have a pair of N&F Skinny Guy deep indigo size 32, about year old. There are two crotch blowouts forming. They are small though but yeah. Was wondering what you think a fair price would be to sell them on here considering they have the crotch blowouts?

contact N&F and they'll reinforce them
Edited by jaychiz - 12/9/12 at 12:41pm
post #10721 of 13209
Naked & Famous Spring 2013 - Suvin ELS Weird Guy, Natural Indigo Organic Weird Guy


Just arrived is our first shipment from the Naked & Famous Spring 2013 line-up. Today we introduced two of our favorites in the collection, the Weird Guy Suvin ELS Cotton and the Weird Guy Natural Indigo Organic. Both of these denims are limited productions.

Naked & Famous "Weird Guy" Suvin ELS Cotton 13oz Selvedge Denim
* Suvin is an Indian cotton with an extra long staple (ELS) and is considered the finest cotton being produced in India today. "Suvin" variety cotton was first released in 1979 by cross breeding Sujatha (Indian cotton) with St. Vincent (Sea-Island cotton). This special breed is very difficult to grow, and this type of ELS cotton is primarily used in expensive linens and luxury fabrics, not in denim, until now! What makes Suvin special is its extra long fiber that is extremely strong and durable yet very soft.
* It is a 13oz weight offered only in the Weird Guy model, a one-time only limited production of about 1000 pairs. The fabric has an irregular weave, similar to the low tension weave denim from the fall 2012 collection.
* The "Weird Guy" fit is slim with medium rise and tapers to the leg opening
* Made with 13oz sanforized Japanese white selvedge with red accents
* Hidden coin pocket selvedge
* Thick buffalo patch
* 5 pocket, button fly closure
* 100% cotton
* Indigo
* Made in Canada



Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7665000

Naked & Famous "Weird Guy" Natural Indigo Organic 13oz Selvedge Denim
* Made using both organic cotton and organic natural dye. When using "real" natural indigo, the fabric is very streaky and the color of the warp yarns will not match. When rope dying using a natural indigo, even multiple dips will not get a consistent color, thus every denim will have slight variations in color and each denim will be different. The color is amazing! It is a beautiful light indigo and a weight of only 13oz making it the perfect denim going into spring. This is also a very limited one time production of only around 300 pairs.
* The "Weird Guy" fit is slim with medium rise and tapers to the leg opening
* Made with 13oz sanforized Japanese white selvedge with red accents
* Hidden coin pocket selvedge
* Cowhide leather patch
* 5 pocket, button fly closure
* 100% cotton
* Indigo
* Made in Canada



Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7665001

More on our recent blog post: :http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/12/naked-famous-spring-2013-denims-first.html
post #10722 of 13209
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaychiz View Post

contact N&F and they'll reinforce them

wait...really? you mean i've been paying denimtherapy to repair my jeans when i coudl get it done for free.
post #10723 of 13209
yup guess so, i've had 2 or 3 pairs done
post #10724 of 13209
damn, will keep that in mind. how long does it take / what are the quality of the repairs? also, hows the shipping $$ to canada?
post #10725 of 13209
Any word on those sweet hypercolour jeans? Any photos?

Sincerely,

Someone who wants to buy hypercolour jeans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim