or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Naked and famous denim - Page 705

post #10561 of 13224
Wtf, why is ********* censored?
post #10562 of 13224
Censored word is Karma loop.

patch[1].gif

Can someone explain why this is happening.
post #10563 of 13224

To Pig Farmer,

 

I'm pretty sure my waist size is 34. The bottleneck is my thighs and butt, however. There's not a ton of room in my thighs on my current 33 WG's but roomy in waist and calf area. I'm considering trying a 32 out and just having form fitting around my thighs and better fits around my waist and calves. The only problem is if my thighs get bigger from lifting the 32's won't fit lol... buuut another big reason I want 32's is that I can only find the indigo/indigo dye WG's in 34's and 32's... 34's are too big so.

post #10564 of 13224
KL users spam the shit out of referral codes. It's a cancer
post #10565 of 13224
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingazn View Post

Where can I find this on a Cyber Monday Sale!
Blue Oxford Slim Shirt Naked & Famous MEDIUM

Check out Azalea SF. They have 25% off going on for cyber Monday.
post #10566 of 13224
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNengineer View Post

To Pig Farmer,

 

I'm pretty sure my waist size is 34. The bottleneck is my thighs and butt, however. There's not a ton of room in my thighs on my current 33 WG's but roomy in waist and calf area. I'm considering trying a 32 out and just having form fitting around my thighs and better fits around my waist and calves. The only problem is if my thighs get bigger from lifting the 32's won't fit lol... buuut another big reason I want 32's is that I can only find the indigo/indigo dye WG's in 34's and 32's... 34's are too big so.

 

I questioned your waist size because according to the Weird Guy size chart a 33 should be 35" on arrival, and you said they were tight in the waist at first.  If the sizing information provided by Tate & Yoko is accurate, Weird Guys 33 would have been an inch looser than your ideal size when you first buttoned them.

 

But it doesn't really matter.  Sounds like one inch smaller is the lowest you could go.

 

However, I would call your attention to the upper thigh measurements.  For whatever reason, the difference between size 32 and 33 is the largest increment.  Half an inch is a big deal if the 33s are already snug.  If your thighs were to grow any larger, you might be better off looking at different jeans or having your current pair taken in.

 

 

Weird Guy Sizing Chart

 

TAG SIZE 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 36
WAIST 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 38
FRONT RISE 10 10.25 10.5 10.5 10.5 10.75 11 11.25
UPPER THIGH 11 11.25 11.5 11.75 12 12.5 12.5 12.75
KNEE 8 8.1 8.3 8.6 8.7 9 9.25 9.5
LEG OPENING 7 7.1 7.25 7.5 7.75 8 8.25 8.5
INSEAM 35 35 35 35 35 35 35 35

Edited by Pig Farmer - 11/26/12 at 6:17pm
post #10567 of 13224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Farmer View Post
I questioned your waist size because according to the Weird Guy size chart a 33 should be 35" on arrival, and you said they were tight in the waist at first.  If the sizing information provided by Tate & Yoko is accurate, Weird Guys 33 would have been an inch looser than your ideal size when you first buttoned them.

 

Weird Guy Sizing Chart

 

TAG SIZE 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 36
WAIST 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 38
FRONT RISE 10 10.25 10.5 10.5 10.5 10.75 11 11.25
UPPER THIGH 11 11.25 11.5 11.75 12 12.5 12.5 12.75
KNEE 8 8.1 8.3 8.6 8.7 9 9.25 9.5
LEG OPENING 7 7.1 7.25 7.5 7.75 8 8.25 8.5
INSEAM 35 35 35 35 35 35 35 35

 

 

I own 3 pairs of Weird Guys, my LHT, Dirty Fade, and my Scratch n sniffs.....

 

and I am going to go ahead and say I think you are incorrect on your interpretation of this chart.  

 

My actual waist is a 36, maybe a tiny bit over 36, but basically 36.  All 3 of my pairs of Weird Guys are 34", and not a single one would button all the way up on purchase.  As in, they are not 36" waist on arrival, as you say, but that they are 34" Waist cut, and STRETCH in to 36" over time.  

 

 

That is at least how I understand the sizing chart/how it has worked for me in the past.  

post #10568 of 13224
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatspotting View Post

 

 

I own 3 pairs of Weird Guys, my LHT, Dirty Fade, and my Scratch n sniffs.....

 

and I am going to go ahead and say I think you are incorrect on your interpretation of this chart.  

 

My actual waist is a 36, maybe a tiny bit over 36, but basically 36.  All 3 of my pairs of Weird Guys are 34", and not a single one would button all the way up on purchase.  As in, they are not 36" waist on arrival, as you say, but that they are 34" Waist cut, and STRETCH in to 36" over time.  

 

 

That is at least how I understand the sizing chart/how it has worked for me in the past.  

 

Thank you for correcting me.  I don't want to mislead anyone by parroting bad information.

 

However, this is the first I've heard of N&F being true to size until they stretch.  Many users here believe they are vanity sized.  And Tate & Yoko recommended that I order Regular Guys in a tag 31 for a 33 waist.  Unlike the Weird Guys, the Regular Guys are only off by 1" according to the chart.  By your logic a 32 (33 on the chart) would be the right size for me.  But I was told to size down once more to account for stretch.

 

Also, it wouldn't make sense for Weird Guys to be off by 2" while the other models are only off by 1" if these charts were meant to display how much the waists would stretch.  They should stretch roughly the same amount, so the easiest explanation for this disparity would be different amounts of vanity sizing.

 

Can anyone please confirm that N&F waists match the sizing chart before wearing?

post #10569 of 13224

thats not right at all.....pig farmer was right to begin with.  flatspotting, your ACTUAL waist is 36" but where the jeans sit is probably 38" depending on your build.  no ones WG actually sit where their waist is (belly button), they sit at the hip bones because of the lower rise.  my actual waist is 31 but where i wear my jeans is 32.5-33, so i can fit in a 29/30 depending if the thighs will fit

post #10570 of 13224

Don't pay attention to tag size. Only look at the measurement. I own a skinny guy red power stretch size 30, a weird guy N&F x Oni size 29, and a skinny guy left hand twill size 32. All the measurements are accurate. All measurements are taken from the actual denim themselves, they do not guess how much the jeans may stretch. Different cuts do not cause different amounts of stretching. That depends on the fabric and weight of the denim. Everything by N&F is vanity sized, this means you will size down. Tate + Yoko is correct, if you are a 33 waist, then you should order a size 31. Thus the waist will stretch from a 32 to a 33 and will fit you perfectly.

post #10571 of 13224
Pig Farmer is definitely right.

And measurements are what you should be looking at.


I.e. I have a 31-32" waist measurement.
In a weird guy I wear a size 30 and it hasn't failed me yet.
post #10572 of 13224

What you all are saying is very interesting to me.

 

 

My worn in LHT Weird Guy that I posted pictures of a few pages back, Size 34 on the tag, now, measures across with my tape measure 18.1", JUST over 36"(36.2").  

 

My worn once (basically new), also weird guy cut size 34, Scratch n Sniff, measured across the same, is 17.4" (34.8") Waist.  They are much tighter than my LHT, as my LHT were when I bought them.  They are not 36" Waist on arrival, despite the sizing chart above.  

 

If any of you have any brand new unworn, or once worn N&F Stuff I am curious to see how it measures.

 

My whole point was in the end, it does fit true to the size chart.  But on arrival/brand new, it does not.  This is true with my jeans, but I only have the 1 unworn pair (well, once worn) pair to measure the size on.  

post #10573 of 13224

My skinny guy red power stretch size 30, weird guy N&F x Oni size 29, and skinny guy left hand twill size 32 are all basically brand new and measure true to the sizing charts.

post #10574 of 13224

flatspotting, are you measuring with the waist aligned?

post #10575 of 13224
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooAwesome View Post

flatspotting, are you measuring with the waist aligned?

I am, in the fashion of the guides found at BlueOwl/Tate/Epaulet

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Naked and famous denim