or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Comfy modern-ish living room recliners? Eames/Ekornes/etc?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Comfy modern-ish living room recliners? Eames/Ekornes/etc? - Page 3

post #31 of 78
I would have a Ball Chair and this next to it:

post #32 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_atlanta View Post
I wish Ikea would make a premium version of the poang chair. They have gone way downmarket in the last 5-10 years.
They've actually gone upmarket and have sold some pricier items lately. Also, labelking you really give me the heebie jeebies with that stuff.
post #33 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by haganah View Post
They've actually gone upmarket and have sold some pricier items lately.

Also, labelking you really give me the heebie jeebies with that stuff.

You give me te heebie jeebies with that avatar.
post #34 of 78
I was at Design Within Reach today and sat in the flight recliner again. I'm not totally in love with it, but it's growing on me. Only problem is no head support unless you recline all the way (can't read or watch tv that way),.

http://www.dwr.com/productdetail.cfm?id=7354
post #35 of 78
We've enjoyed our Lafer recliner. Perfect for a laptop, sleeping, modern lines.
post #36 of 78
Thread Starter 
Thanks John, those are interesting. Which one do you have?
post #37 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
You give me te heebie jeebies with that avatar.
He likes children. Don't you like children?
post #38 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by haganah View Post
He likes children. Don't you like children?

I find small children generally intolerable.
post #39 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post
I find small children generally intolerable.
The ultimate exotic item is a raincoat made of boy skin.
post #40 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Thanks John, those are interesting. Which one do you have?

Kiri. I found it online for $200 less than in retail stores.
post #41 of 78
Thread Starter 
Well, updating this, I finally got a decent Eames Lounge knockoff for a total of $40, and it works pretty well as a laptop chair, actually. It would be nice to have a swing-around lap desk to put the computer on, so maybe I'll look for one, but for now, I'm lounging and typing and it's very comfortable. The armrest works decently as a mousepad but when I un-recline it falls off.
post #42 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
Well, updating this, I finally got a decent Eames Lounge knockoff for a total of $40, and it works pretty well as a laptop chair, actually. It would be nice to have a swing-around lap desk to put the computer on, so maybe I'll look for one, but for now, I'm lounging and typing and it's very comfortable. The armrest works decently as a mousepad but when I un-recline it falls off.

pics or it never happened
post #43 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by slycedbred View Post
pics or it never happened
He posted one in the other Earnes chair thread I think.
post #44 of 78
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by slycedbred View Post
pics or it never happened
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...9&postcount=29 I'll post better pics once I get it totally cleaned up - I need to fill in a couple of scratches and give it a good polishing.
post #45 of 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...9&postcount=29



I'll post better pics once I get it totally cleaned up - I need to fill in a couple of scratches and give it a good polishing.

Nice chair. I also like the new avatar.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Comfy modern-ish living room recliners? Eames/Ekornes/etc?