or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 627

post #9391 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

 


Very nice combination

post #9392 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

GDL, how many meters we talking?

So far:
1. jrd617 in for 2.5 meters
2. @jerrybrowne in for 2.5 meters
3. @bertie in for 2.5 meters
4. @virchow in for 2.5 meters
5. @tchoy in for 2.5 meters
6. @fassbinder in for 2.5 meters
7. C&A in for 2.5 meters
8. @chobochobo in for 3.89 meters
9. @Despos - possibly in for several meters (10?)
10. @gdl203 - possibly in for several meters (???)


who else?

Is everyone just getting jackets made? shog[1].gif
post #9393 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

GDL, how many meters we talking?

So far:
1. jrd617 in for 2.5 meters
2. @jerrybrowne in for 2.5 meters
3. @bertie in for 2.5 meters
4. @virchow in for 2.5 meters
5. @tchoy in for 2.5 meters
6. @fassbinder in for 2.5 meters
7. C&A in for 2.5 meters
8. @chobochobo in for 3.89 meters
9. @Despos - possibly in for several meters (10?)
10. @gdl203 - possibly in for several meters (???)


who else?

I am interested in, but would like to know the cost first.
post #9394 of 12536
First time posting here. Pls count me in for a jacket length. Do you guys need 2.5m for a jacket ? My size is 44 Italian 36-38 uk?
post #9395 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboo View Post

First time posting here. Pls count me in for a jacket length. Do you guys need 2.5m for a jacket ? My size is 44 Italian 36-38 uk?

How tall are you?
post #9396 of 12536
Um, why do we like solaro again? confused.gif
post #9397 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Um, why do we like solaro again? confused.gif

...because there are pictures of Agnelli wearing Solaro...
post #9398 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Um, why do we like solaro again? confused.gif

Because it's unusual and generally unknown to the common suit-wearing man. The fact that #menswear icons like Barbera and Rubinacci have adopted it only further legitimizes it in the minds of the iGent.

The fact that it is ugly and garish is, frankly, besides the point.
post #9399 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Um, why do we like solaro again? confused.gif
Have you seen it worn (as opposed to a swatch or a photo)?
post #9400 of 12536
1. Potentially open to a sport coat length of the Goldfinger barleycorn depending on cost.

2. What ever happened to the project to try to get a run of (IIRC sand / light tan) flannel for odd trousers?
post #9401 of 12536
I just think it is horribly ugly despite its rareness to the common suit wearing man. Wearing it because of that in the wild is just as affected as a lot of other bullshit people wear.
post #9402 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I just think it is horribly ugly despite its rareness to the common suit wearing man. Wearing it because of that in the wild is just as affected as a lot of other bullshit people wear.

You're assuming people like it for those reasons as oppose to just liking how it looks.
post #9403 of 12536
I was commenting in reference to Grammaton.

It is even silly in its proposed utility. Red fibers that reflect the sun? Please.
post #9404 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I just think it is horribly ugly despite its rareness to the common suit wearing man. Wearing it because of that in the wild is just as affected as a lot of other bullshit people wear.
i am not sure if that is a response to me, but if is, it doesn't answer what I asked.
post #9405 of 12536
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopey View Post

i am not sure if that is a response to me, but if is, it doesn't answer what I asked.

No, it wasn't. I have only seen in worn in pictures. Only swatches, irl.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread