From the merino bros photos it looks like it might not be an open weave.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 7/17/16 at 5:54am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 610
Your linen suit is a beautiful color but not really my preference for a summer color. Perhaps I just dont have the chops to pull it off.
My concern with a darker brown is that it can look a little too much like feces. I know that sounds crazy but it is what I think of.
I quite like the shade of the second linen suit you posted. Has more of a gold tinge to it and steers away from being too brown. I wonder what book its from.
They both look like feces - just depends on what has been eaten before... ;)
Spoken like a true parent...
Going to go with the Caccioppoli fabric, it has a bit more golden/brown in it than the W. Bill khaki. I think it will make for a slightly more interesting suit.
I have these swatches coming. Will take a matchup picture in natural lighting
-Lovat x London Lounge
-Porter & Harding Glenroyal
-Porter & Harding Hartwist
-Bateman & Ogden Glenhunt
Regency is mostly twill weave with smoother hand feeling while Frontier is plain, more open weave. It is also heavier than Lessers Tropical, which is 8-9oz. In terms of pricing, Regency is similar to Frontier, making it an ideal choice for basic suiting.
IME, the 12/13 oz finmeresco is slightly less open weave and wears just a bit warmer than 10 oz fresco.
Harrison's has been incredibly helpful in mailing multiple swatches to me.
I'll be really interested to see this book. I've been impressed by Frontier. It's a near perfect weight for eight or nine months of the year here in SoCal. But the panama weave means no sharkskins, birdseyes, or herringbones. Looks as though Regency plugs that gap. Also makes me curious if this is a rebranding of the Lesser's 9.5/10oz book which was fantastic.
I have to say, though Harrison's doesn't get anything like the love accorded Lesser's and Smith's, I've been really impressed by the performance of the Harrison's fabrics I have.
I've been impressed by Frontier. It's a near perfect weight for eight or nine months of the year here in SoCal. But the panama weave means no sharkskins, birdseyes, or herringbones. Looks as though Regency plugs that gap. Also makes me curious if this is a rebranding of the Lesser's 9.5/10oz book which was fantastic.
Frontier is closer to the Lesser 9.5/10oz - both are plain weaves.
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 14 minutes ago
- › Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes 18 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 30 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 37 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 49 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 49 minutes ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 52 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding