From the merino bros photos it looks like it might not be an open weave.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 9/14/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 610
Your linen suit is a beautiful color but not really my preference for a summer color. Perhaps I just dont have the chops to pull it off.
My concern with a darker brown is that it can look a little too much like feces. I know that sounds crazy but it is what I think of.
I quite like the shade of the second linen suit you posted. Has more of a gold tinge to it and steers away from being too brown. I wonder what book its from.
They both look like feces - just depends on what has been eaten before... ;)
Spoken like a true parent...
Going to go with the Caccioppoli fabric, it has a bit more golden/brown in it than the W. Bill khaki. I think it will make for a slightly more interesting suit.
I have these swatches coming. Will take a matchup picture in natural lighting
-Lovat x London Lounge
-Porter & Harding Glenroyal
-Porter & Harding Hartwist
-Bateman & Ogden Glenhunt
Regency is mostly twill weave with smoother hand feeling while Frontier is plain, more open weave. It is also heavier than Lessers Tropical, which is 8-9oz. In terms of pricing, Regency is similar to Frontier, making it an ideal choice for basic suiting.
IME, the 12/13 oz finmeresco is slightly less open weave and wears just a bit warmer than 10 oz fresco.
Harrison's has been incredibly helpful in mailing multiple swatches to me.
I'll be really interested to see this book. I've been impressed by Frontier. It's a near perfect weight for eight or nine months of the year here in SoCal. But the panama weave means no sharkskins, birdseyes, or herringbones. Looks as though Regency plugs that gap. Also makes me curious if this is a rebranding of the Lesser's 9.5/10oz book which was fantastic.
I have to say, though Harrison's doesn't get anything like the love accorded Lesser's and Smith's, I've been really impressed by the performance of the Harrison's fabrics I have.
I've been impressed by Frontier. It's a near perfect weight for eight or nine months of the year here in SoCal. But the panama weave means no sharkskins, birdseyes, or herringbones. Looks as though Regency plugs that gap. Also makes me curious if this is a rebranding of the Lesser's 9.5/10oz book which was fantastic.
Frontier is closer to the Lesser 9.5/10oz - both are plain weaves.
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Viccel.com socks 2 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 3 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 10 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 12 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 13 minutes ago
- › Vintage Dress shoe appreciation, tips, maintenance and advice 15 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...