From the merino bros photos it looks like it might not be an open weave.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/27/16 at 2:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 6:45 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 610
Your linen suit is a beautiful color but not really my preference for a summer color. Perhaps I just dont have the chops to pull it off.
My concern with a darker brown is that it can look a little too much like feces. I know that sounds crazy but it is what I think of.
I quite like the shade of the second linen suit you posted. Has more of a gold tinge to it and steers away from being too brown. I wonder what book its from.
They both look like feces - just depends on what has been eaten before... ;)
Spoken like a true parent...
Going to go with the Caccioppoli fabric, it has a bit more golden/brown in it than the W. Bill khaki. I think it will make for a slightly more interesting suit.
I have these swatches coming. Will take a matchup picture in natural lighting
-Lovat x London Lounge
-Porter & Harding Glenroyal
-Porter & Harding Hartwist
-Bateman & Ogden Glenhunt
Regency is mostly twill weave with smoother hand feeling while Frontier is plain, more open weave. It is also heavier than Lessers Tropical, which is 8-9oz. In terms of pricing, Regency is similar to Frontier, making it an ideal choice for basic suiting.
IME, the 12/13 oz finmeresco is slightly less open weave and wears just a bit warmer than 10 oz fresco.
Harrison's has been incredibly helpful in mailing multiple swatches to me.
I'll be really interested to see this book. I've been impressed by Frontier. It's a near perfect weight for eight or nine months of the year here in SoCal. But the panama weave means no sharkskins, birdseyes, or herringbones. Looks as though Regency plugs that gap. Also makes me curious if this is a rebranding of the Lesser's 9.5/10oz book which was fantastic.
I have to say, though Harrison's doesn't get anything like the love accorded Lesser's and Smith's, I've been really impressed by the performance of the Harrison's fabrics I have.
I've been impressed by Frontier. It's a near perfect weight for eight or nine months of the year here in SoCal. But the panama weave means no sharkskins, birdseyes, or herringbones. Looks as though Regency plugs that gap. Also makes me curious if this is a rebranding of the Lesser's 9.5/10oz book which was fantastic.
Frontier is closer to the Lesser 9.5/10oz - both are plain weaves.
- › Official Sales Alert thread 24 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 1 minute ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 6 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge May 13, 2016: An Ode the Odd Waistcoat! 8 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts