Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/12/17 at 8:24am in Streetwear and Denim
- Archival Clothing Navy Zip Cardigan - Small Last post on 1/29/17 at 6:58pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 7:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 578
So you only wear it around the house? Or when fighting crime?
Use it - it is a wonderful garment
Photo: A journal of Style
Didn't know you guys could be out when the sun is out
Anyone of the POW would work as a sport coat, I'm not sure why it wouldn't? The far left light grey one, will look great with blue chinos and light pink or blue shirt
The scales are too fine for an odd jacket. These are definitively suitings. Also flannel odd jackets are odd. Flannel is for suits and pants.
they would not. You see alot of those types of "sportcoats" around here and they are not appropriate. Those are muted, smaller scale patterns made for suits. You can wear one as a sportcoat in the same way you can wear a pinstripe jacket as a sportcoat but those are suiting fabrics. From Fox, this is a sportcoat PoW (which would also work as DB)
Holland and Sherry has but you don't like H&S i think. Fox has a new tweeds book, I have it at home and can tale some pics. Marling and Evans has some rough large tweeds, quality wise its probably mid range.
Fox has some nice looking flannels in the 300gms weight but I've unfortunately heard nothing good about them.
So Edmorel, How do we understand this.
Why is that PoW check more suited to Sports Jacket than the other Fox Flannels I orig posted? Just try to get my head around this.
Also, which bunches are best for jacketing tweeds, (I want to have something made and love the look of the tweeds/flannels jackets on the Armoury blog and on the Kiton/Attolini websites)
I have a great tailor here in London and want to source the cloth.
- › BNIB Herring/Carlo Santos Double Monks 25 seconds ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 43 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 47 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 4 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...