Edited by imatlas - 1/21/14 at 4:07pm
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 9/14/16 at 12:59pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 560
Not quite an unfunded liability but hopefully will be soon. Have a big birthday coming up and would like to commission something for the occasion. The party is in May. I was thinking about a linen suit but have recently been drawn more towards the idea of a sportcoat and odd pants. I feel like I understand suiting fabrics decently well but sportcoats are tougher, especially for the warm weather months.
I spent some time today with Frank thinking through options and below are some contenders. Would welcome any input - please be honest, I dont mind starting over entirely and would welcome suggestions. These are all either linen or linen/wool/silk.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Continuing to think through possibilities for a spring/summer sportcoat. Per the suggestion of a few folks here, I looked through a few silk/wool books and came upon the below fabric. It is from Drapers and despite looking a bit grey in the photo it is much more blue in real life. I definitely like the fabric but fear it looks too much like a fall/winter jacket in a summer weight (8oz). Will this look incongruous when made up for the warmer months?
When merchants or tailors say 'jacketing' they mean that it is of a pattern or weave/fibre composition more applicable as a jacket on its own. So softer fibres such as cashmere, or spongey less-tightly woven tweeds such as a Shetland or a handwoven Donegal would be considered jacketings. Loud patterns might also be in a jacketing book.
That said if its a worsted wool or blend as you've shown above I don't see why they wouldn't work as trousers. Check with your tailor or the merchant and ask their opinion on use for a suit.
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 17 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 21 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 21 minutes ago
- › Levis Made Crafted Zigzag Regular Tee Blue 27 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 29 minutes ago
- › MEERMIN BURGUNDY CALF OXFORDS (wholecut) size UK 12/US 11 32 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...