Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/22/16 at 6:47pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 8:33 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 531
Eh, I don't necessarily agree, I know people here fetishize 20+oz fabrics but I've never had an issue with any fabric in the 10-12oz range. Yes, if you need to be perfectly creased every second of the day, a 11/12 oz flannel is not going to do that for you but I don't dress for perfection, I dress for comfort (and I run hot) and I don't like my clothes to look like I am wearing my "sunday best".
i agree with you about dressing for comfort..... in those weights of 10-12oz, how does do your creases tend to fall out? do they require frequent pressing or with sufficient rest they just disappear?
I think the issue some people have with a lighterweight flannel is that it does not hold creases, it wears a bit like a sweatsuit. To me, that is not a fault but rather a charming characteristic. Wrinkles don't bother me, if you look at people like the Duke, Luciano Barbera etc, when they wear flannel, it looks like stuff that they've really worn, I don't know what weight their stuff is but I wear flannel like I wear linen, the wrinkles, bagging etc are part of the charm of the fabric, not something I actively try to avoid.
Pilling does not have to do with the weight.
+1. I was told that it is a nightmare to tailor since it stretches so easily. Was also told the same thing about some of the spongier LL cloths (the brown houndstooth being a good example).
The S-G of tweeds?
I would love to get another, as in that big glen check, for example. I am concerned if people are reporting a drop in quality - the lengths I had were bought about five years ago and from old stock (the burgundy/brown, for example, is supposedly no longer makable because the EU banned the dye http://www.styleforum.net/t/53633/working-with-breanish-tweed/0_50#post_830667). I suppose I should find someone who carries the current runs to see if the quality seems the same.
I am concerned if people are reporting a drop in quality - the lengths I had were bought about five years ago and from old stock (the burgundy/brown, for example, is supposedly no longer makable because the EU banned the dye http://www.styleforum.net/t/53633/working-with-breanish-tweed/0_50#post_830667). I suppose I should find someone who carries the current runs to see if the quality seems the same.
Jesus, what the hell is in the dye that they banned it? If you have a clipping a dyehouse should be able to match it.
New liability from Marling & Evans:
Edited by mactire - 11/29/13 at 4:30am
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 27 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 1 minute ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › Brexit 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding