Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/19/17 at 3:26pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Archival Clothing Navy Zip Cardigan - Small Last post on 1/29/17 at 6:58pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Menswear Shop Refusing to Tailor "Outside" Clothing | Experiences or Advice? Last post on 1/11/16 at 8:49am in Classic Menswear
- Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond Last post on 4/27/16 at 7:06am in Classic Menswear
- H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/20/17 at 2:22am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 531
Eh, I don't necessarily agree, I know people here fetishize 20+oz fabrics but I've never had an issue with any fabric in the 10-12oz range. Yes, if you need to be perfectly creased every second of the day, a 11/12 oz flannel is not going to do that for you but I don't dress for perfection, I dress for comfort (and I run hot) and I don't like my clothes to look like I am wearing my "sunday best".
i agree with you about dressing for comfort..... in those weights of 10-12oz, how does do your creases tend to fall out? do they require frequent pressing or with sufficient rest they just disappear?
I think the issue some people have with a lighterweight flannel is that it does not hold creases, it wears a bit like a sweatsuit. To me, that is not a fault but rather a charming characteristic. Wrinkles don't bother me, if you look at people like the Duke, Luciano Barbera etc, when they wear flannel, it looks like stuff that they've really worn, I don't know what weight their stuff is but I wear flannel like I wear linen, the wrinkles, bagging etc are part of the charm of the fabric, not something I actively try to avoid.
Pilling does not have to do with the weight.
+1. I was told that it is a nightmare to tailor since it stretches so easily. Was also told the same thing about some of the spongier LL cloths (the brown houndstooth being a good example).
The S-G of tweeds?
I would love to get another, as in that big glen check, for example. I am concerned if people are reporting a drop in quality - the lengths I had were bought about five years ago and from old stock (the burgundy/brown, for example, is supposedly no longer makable because the EU banned the dye http://www.styleforum.net/t/53633/working-with-breanish-tweed/0_50#post_830667). I suppose I should find someone who carries the current runs to see if the quality seems the same.
I am concerned if people are reporting a drop in quality - the lengths I had were bought about five years ago and from old stock (the burgundy/brown, for example, is supposedly no longer makable because the EU banned the dye http://www.styleforum.net/t/53633/working-with-breanish-tweed/0_50#post_830667). I suppose I should find someone who carries the current runs to see if the quality seems the same.
Jesus, what the hell is in the dye that they banned it? If you have a clipping a dyehouse should be able to match it.
New liability from Marling & Evans:
Edited by mactire - 11/29/13 at 4:30am
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 59 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 28 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 36 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 38 minutes ago
- › Cigars 42 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 48 minutes ago
- › Yoshida PORTER Paramount Packer HIGH-END Backpack 49 minutes ago
- › Tom Bihn AERONAUT 45 NEW via Europe! 54 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › How to Buy a Women Dress Online That Puts on...
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway