or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread - Page 518

post #7756 of 11486
I personally think D is the winner in terms of shade as well.
post #7757 of 11486
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerC View Post

I personally think D is the winner in terms of shade as well.

+1, I am signing up for trouser length of D.
post #7758 of 11486
Great to see there is a lot of interest. I am coordinating with fox regarding the replication of shade D and will be posting out the reference swatch to them shortly. Once they produce their iteration, we will make a final decision on the cloth and take an official count of everyone's commitments.
post #7759 of 11486
無標題
無標題
無標題
無標題
post #7760 of 11486
Thread Starter 
quite a nice suit but jesus that is a horrible tie.
post #7761 of 11486
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

無標題
無標題
無標題
無標題
Sth wrong with your shoulders...One of my suits has the same prob, clean back but not so clean shoulders (divots)
post #7762 of 11486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccimus View Post

Sth wrong with your shoulders...One of my suits has the same prob, clean back but not so clean shoulders (divots)

haha someone has also point this out for me. I do think this may due to bad psoture. I will try to take a better photo sometime.

I will flag it up next time with my tailor.
Edited by add911_11 - 11/8/13 at 7:54am
post #7763 of 11486
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post

haha someone has also point this out for me. I do think this may due to bad psoture. I will try to take a better photo sometime.

I will fag it up next time with my tailor.
My personal experience is you might need to let out the upper back a slight bit. This will ease the divots but will make the back less clean. Not a perfect solution but it is too late to do some big surgery.
post #7764 of 11486
Quote:
Originally Posted by add911_11 View Post


I will fag it up next time with my tailor.
I don't' think we need to see photos of that thanks.
post #7765 of 11486

add911, I really enjoy the posts of your bespoke adventures. Keep it up!

post #7766 of 11486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccimus View Post

My personal experience is you might need to let out the upper back a slight bit. This will ease the divots but will make the back less clean. Not a perfect solution but it is too late to do some big surgery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpapa View Post

I don't' think we need to see photos of that thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugotes View Post

add911, I really enjoy the posts of your bespoke adventures. Keep it up!

Sorry for the earlier typo.

I hope the below picture will help out a bit. Sadly I was not in my best posture this afternoon.

If anyone still thinks the upper arm is showing to much. Please let me know how to improve as this is not your typical italian soft shoulder or english rope.

Further, I find bespoke work takes time to blend in with my body.

p.s. I love that flower tie so sorry for those who hated it.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
照片日期 2013-11-08時間 23.47
post #7767 of 11486
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manton View Post

quite a nice suit but jesus that is a horrible tie.
Strategically useful-- a woman of taste will be all the faster to urge him to remove it.

Interesting vest. Lower in crossover than a lot of SR models, but works pretty well on its own terms.
post #7768 of 11486

Yeah, the shoulders looks too extended. Also, do you like spread collars? I've a prejudice against pointed collars...

post #7769 of 11486

add911_11 - I have encountered the same problem, and the solution is to increase the amount of fabric across the deltoid, so that it drapes smoothly rather than be stretched tight. Armhole remains the same size, and don't mess around with the back - it won't fix the problem but might create new ones. Once that is corrected, the shoulders won't look extended (in fact, narrowing them would only make the problem worse).

post #7770 of 11486
shorten/lower the crown of the sleeve
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread